Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When I thought I found my HG cleanser--I tried on a set and it's sooooo good that I ordered 3 full sizes, only to have breakouts after using the full size arrghh...

Idk if they changed the formula and the set is an old one but it's so awkward returning the 3 full size in store. Luckily, the cashier didn't say anything (she could probably see the embarrassment in my face lol).

Now I see that the Shiseido set is working great on me and now tempted to buy 3 more for stocking up but afraid of the same thing happening to me again.. 😕

Which one was it?

I'll post this here. Definitely a peeve.  

I was debating on whether or not to bring up my findings regarding the BB perk but decided it was needed when I read a few people worrying that maybe their perks would also be tainted. 
Despite my infrequency on these board within this past year, I still do lurk. And with the new rewards bazaar, I've held my tongue on many issues and conversations.
This was just so dishonest/sneaky/deplorable/whatever word you'd choose to use because in the end, it effects all of us in this community. 
Its like those bad eggs who would abuse the return policy that ruined it for everybody now. 

The KvD perk was a disappointment, but the way Sephora & Kat von D made it up was very admirable and even though I did not redeem it personally, I was impressed.
 This BB perk was a great one especially if you are a gel lover from a high quality brand. 
So to take advantage of this reward system (which is still a work in progress) is wrong on many levels. 
Sephora does try. They might not always execute properly but they have made adjustments & seem to listen to feedback.  

I've read a few negative things from princess in the past month plus, but hey, there's a lot of negativity on the internet and I can see why people might be disappointed with certain stores. But this was pretty shady. I didn't want to attack her or scare her away from the community.  Maybe it will be a lesson to her. Hopefully people will think twice before doing something this manipulative. 

Beauty Talk has been very special to me over these past years & the community has been such a bright beacon on the internet. 
Thank you to all for having everybody's back here.
rhps.jpg 

I have another incident of leaking products to add to the list.

I went to look for my keys in my purse and I felt something sticky. It was my YSL tint in oil. It leaked a little bit. Not enough to get the bag dirty, but it was going down the tube. Those are too expensive to have the packaging fail on me

I have a leaking fail too @mella900 😞 I ordered the cute Elizabeth and James Find Your Nirvana set because I have been dying to try out Bourbon! Got the set today and everything else was fine except for guess which one? Yup, Bourbon leaked everywhere and the bottle was pretty much empty. Luckily Rouge concierge was really nice and they are sending me a replacement. I hope this one comes intact! 

I guess your cardboard box smells really nice atleast lol jk. That sucks!! I'm glad they sent you a new one cause fragrances aren't cheap either!! I've been using the white fragrance and I'm into it

During the labor day sale I ordered from PTR. Went to open one of my unwrinkle night mini's last night and it came 1/3 of the way full!! I have had other mini's from this order and from sets come full. And they have no CS #, just an email form, UGH!

I am allergic to almost all red and purple toned eye shadows and eyeliners. Within a few hours, my eyes turn into a goopy pink eye mess and clear by the next day. I go a few months without wearing the lovely hues of Gash and Backfire then give in thinking maybe I've developed an overnight immunity to the eye shadow soul suckers. Within a few hours, it looks like I've rubbed onions on my eyes. I have green eyes, which makes these one of my better color options. Cruel, cruel world. 

I would be soooo bummed if I had that allergy. I feel like half my eyeshadow collection is purples. That's so unfair!

oh no 😮 !

Do you know what is the culprit? like what pigment or ingredient??

I'm assuming it's a red dye?? Since, It's all purple and red tones, regardless of formula or brand. I just don't understand! Am I the only one?!

You aren't alone, gingaaa, I get itchy eyes from purple eyeliner, doesn't matter whose brand, they all do it.

Thank you for being my eyeball allergy twin 😄

Newly discovered pet peeve from reading this thread: the lifespan of sample mascaras, even when unopened

They're free with everything! What a waste

IMG_1239.JPG 

I immediately checked my stash of mascara samples too after seeing your post! Luckily, I only have one expired (I soooo wanted to try it but I guess I'm lucky it's just one dead)

The thing is, there are certain brands that I want to try and can't give them all to friends! Oh well, I should probably open 2-3 mascaras at a time and start using them more lol. 

Whaaaat... what is the lifespan of unopened sample mascara?

I avoid sample mascaras like the plague because i KNOW this is going to happen to me. mascara is one thing I do not like to play around with/change up. If I get a sample mascara or a mascara that I don't normally use, it's never being used so it's gonna go to waste 😞

I want to try all the makeup in the world so I'm all over free gifts and perks >_<

I haven't hit this problem, but am expecting to, due to my massive collection. I store them in a large cosmetic bag, but need to find a better way to rotate them. I haven't looked for dates on the tubes; I wonder if we're being sent older mascaras in the promos?

Thats probably the case. It is also vey likely the mascara kit someone had a problem with earlier was composed of older, leftover product. Thats how many kits which seem like a great deal are put together 

What about using Visine to wake them up?

2 Replies
testing