Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I would be soooo bummed if I had that allergy. I feel like half my eyeshadow collection is purples. That's so unfair!

oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฎ !

Do you know what is the culprit? like what pigment or ingredient??

I'm assuming it's a red dye?? Since, It's all purple and red tones, regardless of formula or brand. I just don't understand! Am I the only one?!

You aren't alone, gingaaa, I get itchy eyes from purple eyeliner, doesn't matter whose brand, they all do it.

Thank you for being my eyeball allergy twin ๐Ÿ˜„

Newly discovered pet peeve from reading this thread: the lifespan of sample mascaras, even when unopened

They're free with everything! What a waste

IMG_1239.JPG 

I immediately checked my stash of mascara samples too after seeing your post! Luckily, I only have one expired (I soooo wanted to try it but I guess I'm lucky it's just one dead)

The thing is, there are certain brands that I want to try and can't give them all to friends! Oh well, I should probably open 2-3 mascaras at a time and start using them more lol. 

Whaaaat... what is the lifespan of unopened sample mascara?

I avoid sample mascaras like the plague because i KNOW this is going to happen to me. mascara is one thing I do not like to play around with/change up. If I get a sample mascara or a mascara that I don't normally use, it's never being used so it's gonna go to waste ๐Ÿ˜ž

I want to try all the makeup in the world so I'm all over free gifts and perks >_<

I haven't hit this problem, but am expecting to, due to my massive collection. I store them in a large cosmetic bag, but need to find a better way to rotate them. I haven't looked for dates on the tubes; I wonder if we're being sent older mascaras in the promos?

Thats probably the case. It is also vey likely the mascara kit someone had a problem with earlier was composed of older, leftover product. Thats how many kits which seem like a great deal are put together 

What about using Visine to wake them up?

I don't want to risk an eye infection or something by using old product. Also, that would alter the formula. With mascaras, once they're dry, they're done. ๐Ÿ˜ž  

Omg that's tragic ๐Ÿ˜ž Now I wonder if all of mine are dead too...

Better check soon ๐Ÿ˜ž

I did take an unopened Dior Show deluxe sample out of my pile to a wedding this summer and when I went to use it it WAS all dryed up. I thought it was just a fluke. Oh boy I'm scared to look now

Thats how I found out about my dried up lashstash set..I was in a rush to a wedding and threw one of the mascaras in my clutch to apply on my way at some point only to find out it was dried up. Thankfully I had another deluxe sample from a clinique gwp that I was able to use. 

I could actually cry ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I am so sorry to see this mascara grave yard ๐Ÿ˜ข..I know how you feel. I guess the lesson is to open as soon as you get them to see if they are ok. 

Open even if you don't need them yet... ๐Ÿ˜”

1 Reply
testing