Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Sephora just stopped carrying Dior Rouge Baume tinted balms. I had finally settled on three shades and would have purchased at the sale and, poof, gone. 

I have enough points on So Choix to get them there at 20% off, so I will go that route instead. Oh well. 

I ordered 2 gold bar from Wet n Wild and only received one. Now it's sold out 😞 I really wanted one to use and one to stare at. They shipped one gold bar and a glitter palette. Random. I feel like I have such bad luck with online orders. 

I tried to order one and they kept telling me that my address couldn't be verified. This was the exact same address I had used to (successfully) place an order two weeks prior to this. I emailed them and never heard back. Oh well, will check the stores and maybe stumble upon one.

@JenniferOhJenny I tired calling and no one picked up, I tried contacting through their website and kept getting an invalid message. I saw on FB someone else had issues contacting them. I plan on trying email, voicemail, and Facebook. 

I bought a single eyeshadow that I already have in my stock. Just was unaware of it. I think I need to start a list of my items now 😞

So The Bay has a screwy website. That's all I have to say 😄

Just going to leave this here... 😉

IMG_1067.JPG

The Bay never fails to amaze me 😄

It's even MORE amazing when my last order of the MM highlighter arrived in a size-appropriate box! 😮

I find the store packaged orders come in sensible size appropriate boxes. One from the warehouse is one size fits all 😄

HAHAHAHA I can't believe it.

I got one exactly like that today but with packing paper 😄 @mella900 what a waste!!!

Lol that says it all!!!! 😄

I think I have one shipment coming with a single perfume as well...how pathetic!

I went into Sephora last week and picked up a favorites hair care kit for $36cad. I knew I was really close to renewing my rouge status, about $12, went up to the till to pay and the SA didn't say anything about it being renewed so I asked and she said I still needed to spend another $5 to renew it. I figured maybe I had done my math wrong so I left the store and logged into Sephora to see how much I've spent to date and it said I was over and I renewed Rouge. I went back into the store and asked about it and a different SA was like yes it does say you have renewed it and gave me the little boxed gift with the Marc Jacobs mini red lipstick in it. Later on I got an email saying I renewed my Rouge status and to come in store / online and collect the Nars Goulie blush. Dang!! I would of loved to get that Nars gift!! I placed an order online but it didn't say how to redeem online to get the Nars blush. 😕 lol oh well. end of my rant.

@NikkkiNikkki at checkout, it will appear in the "redeem your rewards" tab if it's still available to you.

Good to know. Thanks!

The Sephora Favorites Lashstash to go. I finally opened mine this weekend for the first time and well 4 of the 5 mascaras are dried out and clumpy product left on the wands. I caught it couple months ago online when it popped up and was waiting to open one fresh once my other mascaras where done. All 5 in the set were mascaras I never tried, I opened the TF BTS first, dried. Then next and so on to find one usable until ciate. Ugh. Now how can I get a feel of what these are really like. It also puts me off trying any in full size. I still tried to make use as I was getting ready to go out and my contacts got so irritated from the flakey bits and had to be removed. End rant. 

Spoiler
Screenshot_20161017-140142.jpg

Screenshot_20161017-140206.jpg

Update: A very nice Mod was able to assist me and refunded me for this set. I appreciate the assistance since I was pretty bummed out. 

WHAT!? I currently have a lot of unoppned sample mascaras which I figured would be fine until I needed them. They're all way under a year old, I'm so worried now!

That is so not cool. I redeemed TF BTS mascara last month when it was a 100pts perk. I opened it just recently and it was dry too. I contacted Sephora CS and they refunded my 100 pts. I hope you get a better response from a Mod than the generic apology and feed back response you got through FB

Ugh... idk if I should check mine out even though I don't need it yet.. the struggle

This is not a nice surprise!

Just return it to the store.

Did you lose your receipt or something???

testing