Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ah USPS! My bro ordered Amouage perfume from States and it went to England from States and then to Canada LOL 😛

We face-palmed each others so much. 

Thats how I feel about FedEx Smartpost, but I think FedEx Smartpost is supposed to take forever. Lol.

I had a package ship from Reno, NV on 10/4 that ended up getting delivered on 10/12 because it went from Reno, NV to CA to Phoenix, AZ then back to Nevada. It was only supposed to be delivered to Las Vegas, NV -.-

I noticed that a lot of my FedEx SmartPost packages do this, so I assume its normal for them lol.

It's soooo annoying & bizarre. It was in my town twice and keeps going farther away. @nikki25gee

I didn't know where else to post this. I was very excited to finally see the Radical Skincare pads back in stock on the site last week. They were on sale so I kinda knew that was their final death knell but I was happy to get an order in while I could. Delivery came today and when I opened the package...leakage! 

So, this is what a normal jar looks like (my jar that I'm just finishing up - the little crack on it is from my cat knocking it off my vanity at some point) 

IMG_0213.JPG

And this is what was delivered today (and remember you can't see that it's also covered in something sticky) 😞

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

I think the acid from the pads may have leaked thru somehow? I called the Rouge line for only the second time ever and the woman couldn't have been lovelier. She refunded me right over the phone. Unfortunately Sephora is discontinuing carrying this line so my crow's feet are going to have to buy these pads somewhere else because I love them! But, ugh, isn't it the worst when you get yourself all hyped up for your Sephora delivery only for it to be defective or wrong? 

This is exactly why I decided not to pick these up. They've been gone from the site for at least a year. I knew they were just going to be really old stock someone found somewhere, but man... That's awful. Glad you were refunded pretty quickly though!

When your order isn't packed well. I had ordered a Burberry eyeshadow palette, and it arrived today with no protective packaging in the box whatsoever. Just the palette and a packing slip. The box was big enough that the palette could bounce around quite a bit, and I'm kind of amazed that it didn't shatter. Who packs fragile products like that?! It's just asking for trouble. 

I had an order packed like that a week ago!! My NARS dual intensity in Jubilation and Selena goodies came with no packaging of any sort and I can't believe everything arrived intact! 

The Bay right? 😄

Hahahahaha, yup! 😄

You know, you'd think a company that was founded in 1670 would have it's s**t together by now.

hahaha yeah that's for sure! They really need to pay attention to shipping and revamp their site!

I got a wedding shower gift (a high end item) in a box that was all ripped up, awkwardly taped, and looked reused. The item itself didn't have a box, and it was just loose in that box.

I wrote to The Bay that I expected higher quality packaging on a $100 item off a bridal registry, and they refunded me the cost of my shipping. 

I need to keep out of the sale section.  I haven't ordered from Sephora in months, guess I needed a reminder why.  Ordered at 9:25 am Wed and of course the Flash 2 Day shipping has it coming next week instead of Friday.  Friday that is for what actually shipped since they shipped a partial order and I have no idea when and if the other items (including of course my promo) are coming at all.  

So yeah, this gets worse.  First a mod goes into my order history without asking, privacy concerns anyone?  Then the rest of the order ships tonight (really Monday) without my promo item which was canceled.  So the only reason I placed the order is gone, the whole thing is going to be late and as an added bonus I get to go argue with the store staff at the mall to return everything because I've just had it now.  

Aaaaaaaaaaand, the first box arrived and all three samples got subbed.  Ordering online from Sephora is now officially a joke.

When all the orders you made this week haven't shipped at all. Sephora, elf, Nordstrom....😑 Elf said something like it might take a few days. Nordstrom idk, who knows, I'm probably going to cancel it because it was an impulse buy anyway. Sephora is the reward. All I wanted was a few distractions to get me through the week, boost my mood. Makeup/beauty obviously isn't the answer 😕

Has your Benefit Brow perk shipped yet? I actually got a tracking number this morning, and one for my Play! box as well

ON TRAC shipping is the absolute worst.

Currently dealing with a potential lost package and I read online that items may show as delivered on tracking even if its not actually delivered.

I hate ontrac too! I really wish they'd stop using them! I hope your package arrives soon, and is undamaged!

Thank you @candyrivera! You are sweet and your avatar is sweeter 🙂

Kind of peeved at Muji, I ordered 2 weeks ago and nada. 

@Kay522  I ordered during the sale too. @jen143xo You got a shipping notification? I've had a lot of lakes in a FB group I'm in that they just showed up via FedEx one day. 

I emailed them a few days ago and have not received a reply. I've had the same ladies as a mentioned above tell me they emailed and never heard back either. 

testing