Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I ordered from Muji last month when they had a good special going, and it took about 2-3 weeks before I got the shipping notification. If you ordered during a special deal then that's probably why things are delayed.

I received my shipping notification from this sale about a week later and then the items about 2 days later. Sadly 1 arrived broken and they can't replace only refund. Oh well. But email them if u didn't get a shipping notification yet. I ordered on the 29th and shipping notification on the 8th. 

It drives me crazy that The Bay only lets you have 20 items on your wishlist. Who limits a wishlist like that?! And WHY?! You better believe I want way more than 20 products at any given time. 

That really bugs me too @Asche.... like wth are they thinking... ugh. They need a site redesign asap!

Definitely agree. That whole website is a pet peeve of mine, haha. 

I ordered perfume from Guerlain boutique in Toronto for my bro and they did not include any samples. My bro is upset 😛

All the sudden, I am missing Sephora but it is not sold at Sephora. 

They always do; not sure what happened! At least, he will not be picking any other perfume anytime soon.

more of a general pet peeve but guess it's beauty related cause it prevents me from buying beauty products 😐

I was put on the wrong grant to fund my stipend (I am a grad student) and that meant that I was taxed for the month of september. Normally, I am not taxed when I am on the correct grant. Soooo i earned $400 less last month and didn't realize it until yesterday and I've been spending my normal budget for october. They are fixing the issue but possibly might not go into affect until November. 

Anonymous Insider

Hated it when we started getting taxed in the summer months 😞

I just received my most recent Sephora order and noticed that the packing slip was different! The samples that I picked arent even listed on the sheet, so I didn't get ANY of the ones I initially chose. Why even offer us the option anymore Sephora...

Anyone else?!

Out of numerous orders I placed I have got one single order with right samples. I just toss them all into the bin. 

My last few orders with this new packing slip also haven't had the samples I selected. I did not have many problems before with getting the samples I chose, but I have not got the samples I selected since they have started with the new packing slips. 

I expect nothing less from Sephora anymore, It is just their normal. 

I noticed it, @KatieJiang. My 2 last orders came with this new slip, but the samples in the box were correct. And I have had past orders that came with the wrong samples, even though they were specified in the slip.So I don't think the new slip actually changed the sample (dis)organization. It's some kind of lottery game, I hope they sent you at least a good one 🙂

Just found a woman selling Chanel boxes (the ones that come with your order, for free, when your order direct) for $20 each + shipping on Etsy.  And then she sells the ribbons that come around the box, separately! I can't help but feel she's taking advantage of people by selling for $20 something that's free and easily available. If she wants to get rid of her clutter, I think $5 would be a fair price - I mean, if the person is going to pay $20 +shipping, might as well buy a cosmetic and get a free box- from Chanel direct 😕

I don't know why it made me so upset, at least she's not lying, like the people who sell Amazon's $10 costume jewelery, as "vintage" for $50 on Etsy

People sell the shopping bags, too.  I guess so that they can decorate.  Online you can see people framing this stuff.

I guess they want the logo. 

There is this girl in Kijiji, always selling 10 foil samples for $25 "Firm" from Sephora. But she gladly puts "Value is over $50!"

-_-

Haha, I always see people do stuff like this and it annoys me so much! I seriously can't count the number of people on poshmark and ebay who try to sell the free sephora birthday gift for >$20. And there are people who sell the little samples you get with a promo code for wayyyy more than they're worth. But selling foil samples is a whole nother level of crazy! :')

@DaintyDiva  You mean to tell me I could have sold those Chanel boxes instead of recycling them? And here I thought they were worthless and a waste of space this whole time! 😛

@trishavt You could have made a fortune 😛

I never had the courage to get rid of my pretty gift boxes. I got to the point where I have boxes inside of boxes inside of boxes ... 😄 lol

Wow!  People sell stuff in the vintage section that isn't vintage??? I know I've seen some hand made pieces with stuff from places like Michaels but costume jewelry in vintage 😞  I love that section!

@veronika23, yes, the moxie of some people. I found out last year while I was searching everywhere for a brooch. A couple of vendors in the US were selling as vintage, those very cheap (but cute) brooches from Amazon (that ship from china)  😕 I recognized it immediately because I had one on my wish list.

aww that's too bad 😞

testing