Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

UGH.  I swear... It's not your land, go around.  I don't understand people and their disregard for others property.... it's childish and petty.

Don't get me started on hunters. Unbelievable! SMH.

Thanks for telling me though 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Prompted by organizing deluxe samples this rainy afternoon, I'm peeved when no instructions or a clear name to indicate product use are present. I've been looking directions up online for twenty minutes!

I know how you feel, I have tons of foil samples and I think I don't use them cause they don't always have directions on them. 

Each time I go to get my eyebrows threaded, I tell them to just clean it up and to not thin them.

Well, today, the lady thinned my right eyebrow out to a point that it's never been before. At least my left eyebrow is fine but I've never felt this self-conscious about my face before and I have no eyebrow filler products...I suppose I'm just going to use my eyeliner to sort of make the eyebrow thicker for the next couple of weeks. But I'm so sad, it's a minor issue but I'm still so sad! 

Anonymous Insider

Or when they trim the top instead of just waxing the arch like I asked. 😞

Oh my word. Yes. I feel you. 

It's like they want to make your eyebrows like the way the woman threading has hers. I always have to tell them to not trim! 

So some of you on instagram know about this. I was in a car accident on the 14th. I was passing a light and a guy on the u turn was waiting and for some gawd damned reason decided to gun it as soon as my van was right next to his car. If i hadnt steered right my van wpuldve hit full front to his passenger sidr. No one was on his passenger side, he wasnt hurt. Ive bern on muscle relaxants since that day. I feel better today though when i woke up and saw how dilated my pupils were i freaked. Haha.  Everything is fine but now my job kind of fired me. I can go back but with a release form when im at 100 percent which sucks cause i have no doctor and the free clinic takes months for an appt.

@Blackwhiskey,  

That's awful!  I hope that you are feeling better soon! Have you called a lawyer? Sometimes they can help you to get medical care before your case is settled. And of course, in case of urgent need, there's the Emergency Department.

Anonymous Insider

This is a terrible situation. I'm sorry you are faced with this and hope better days find you soon!

I am sorry you are going through this, hugs to you! ❤

Oh my god. I'm so sorry to hear about both the accident and the job.

If you are living in Jersey, there's a free clinic with appointments available I can recommend. 

@Bananya thank you and unfortunately i live in south texas. We do have free clinics but it can take up to a month or so to get an actual appt.

I have a wedding to attend and am super sick. I usually do not care about applying makeup, but it is a formal wedding. How do I apply anything without contaminating my pretties? Seriously, I am thinking of buying cheap makeup I can toss after the event. Was at Walgreen's today for NiQuil and came up with that plan. Will have to go back tomorrow to actually execute it.

Have you considered buying Beauty So Clean? I think Amazon has it and IMATS should too. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

Feel better soon! 

Maybe try using as many q-tips and disposable sponges as possible for makeup application?

@notcreative Maybe a mug of hot water with the juice of one lemon with some honey will help you feel better? You're doing right by getting the Nyquil. If that doesn't seem to work, try Theraflu.

@TKLJ has some excellent advice in terms of keeping your makeup un-contaminated. And it's true that the attention will be on the bride and groom anyways, so don't worry about others' opinion of what you look like.

Hope you feel better and get well soon!! 🙂

I was getting the NyQuil for my husband. He is either sicker than I am or taking it harder. I did end up taking a dose for the first time in my life last night. It made me really tired. 

I look bad though. My husband is sicker than I am, and he does not look nearly as bad. It's not fair. I have to put something on.

Thanks.

Use up your samples, and don't use any of your regular makeup that you can't sanitize. Don't double dip your brushes. And honestly, no one's looking at the wedding guests too closely. The reception will be dim for dancing, and other guests will just sweat their makeup off.

I was going through samples last night (part of the reason I did not buy anything yet), and I do not have enough. I think I will just apply samples of what I have and skip the items I do not. Thanks.

Feel better and have fun!

5 Replies
testing