Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

thanks guys, sorry for not responding sooner, now that i'm doing better with my medication i'm much more active around the house , busy bee over here!  what grinds my gears is that she's rich and lives where i want to live (california)  lol, so i don't know why she felt the need to point out to my mom that what i have is "super expensive" in such a "concerned" tone. of course my mom hates that i spend money there but also tells me i should seek out a job related to makeup "go to sephora" i've applied and have friends in my local sephora but no dice. 😞  

You can't control other people's bad behavior. Even if you live your life so you have nothing to be ashamed of, someone will always criticize you for something. Ignore your cousin like you would any other hater. Your mom knows what a good daughter you are, you were there for her when she was in the hospital and help out tons around the house. What you spend your money on is no business of anyone else's. (I suspect your mom knows that you spend your money on makeup, so it was no surprise and I bet Mom is a smart cookie and knows your cousin is a jerk).

@Blackwhiskey fellow blacksheep here! In my experience there is no rhyme or reason to what is said, the INTENT is always to undermine and ensure that YOU stay the blacksheep so that THEIR behavior is not questioned. In every family there is the blacksheep, the golden child, the servant, etc.

Professional guidance helped get me over some of the deepest cuts, and something I was told rang so true:  "if you bend over backwards and sacrifice your own self time and time again to give your family what they want, why does it come as a surprise that they will react negatively when you stop?"

I have never made a dollar that was anyone else' business how I spent. Mine.

I had to cut off my family to extract myself from that drama; I feel your pain.

Wise words from @Insomniacmuffin@Blackwhiskey, I'm sorry to hear that your cousin was talking about you to your mom.  Sometimes people have to gossip about others to make themselves feel better I guess.

I have a younger sister that makes comments about some of the products I use.  I've stopped talking to her about my shopping trips.  Thankfully I live on my own so she isn't aware of what I do with my time or money.  Unfortunately we can't chose our family lol.

Keep your chin up, doll!  You have done nothing wrong and I agree with @tsavorite that maybe your cousin is jealous....Try not to let it get to you.

@Blackwhiskey,  

Luckily it's your cousin who is petty and wrong, and not you!  If it was you, then you would have a problem, but it's not you.  It's your cousin who has a problem!  Often when people act like this, it's because they are jealous or have some kind of grudge.  This isn't good, but, again, it's your cousin who has a problem, not you. 

Hold your head up high and treat them with Indifference. You know who you are and what they think is their problem. They aren't happy inside. Anyway you have talent and you will succeed if you put your mind to it. Just keep thinking positive and shake their dust off of your heels.

You have every right to be ticked off @Blackwhiskey! That is not cool, and none of their business to begin with. I'm the black sheep in my family as well, so I can relate to the snide remarks and negative assumptions about a life they know absolutely nothing about. How you spend your money is your business. Some people will do whatever they can to bring you down. Try not to let it bother you ❤️ Don't give them the satisfaction. 

I missed Rouge event as I slept in and woke up at 12:00 noon from hangover 😞 

Why it had to be so early? Even my classes aren't that early LOL

I went to the Rouge event with my mom today. Wasn't impressed with the sets and the SF sets weren't in yet. I didn't end up buying anything and I was looking for a Tarte palette off course lol but it wasn't in stock. I went to the till to get my free Sephora lipstick mini with my mom and that too was annoying because the SA said if you don't have the email I can't give it and I would have shown her but then she told my mom she had to be a BI and assumed she wasn't for some reason so we had to put our cards on the counter lol. It was just not a great experience. Felt like I was begging for the freebie and it wasn't even a great feeling to ask for it even though the email specifies that you could get it free without purchase in-store. Literally felt like I was asking to steal something. Rant over.

Edit: Oh and the SF give me some lip wasn't even available and supposedly there was a 'limited' amount of stock...

When you stop in at Sephora to finally look for a new concealer and realize that the one you like best was a beauty steal at Ulta earlier this week.

when you head out wearing flip flops in a rush and only realize later that your feet are grossly dry and your dark nail polish is noticeably chipped everywhere

Me all the time! I'm not allowed to wear open toed shoes at my work so my feet get ignored for the most part. But when I go out outside of that I suffer for ignoring them haha

My pet peeve is when I see online thirteen year olds who are 10x better at makeup than me. I'm so jealous at that age I wore blue mascara

Seriously!  My daughter is so much better at makeup than me!  LOL!  I don't think I was allowed to wear makeup at her age...

White winged liner FTW. The late 90's/early00's were a strange time in makeup and fashion...

Haha all I had was chapstick. 

I thought I was fancy with my lip smacker on a lanyard... 😄

I wore a STREAK of pearly WHITE highlighter...glad that's behind me lol I still use that highlighter but I blend it subtly in a 'C" shape

to anyone wondering, it was benefit high beam LOL

ABSOLUTELY SAME but mine's watt's up

Ha, I had frosty pink lipstick and blue hair mascara! The times have definitely changed.

testing