Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

“I think you would be hard pressed to find a girl who doesn’t refresh in there.”

wut?????? I don't know anyone who "refreshes" in there, who ARE these people?? This article is grossing me out. :S

"a reaction to the high expectations of being a woman and the expenses that go along with it."

Yup, because I'm sure society is secretly scanning the makeup on your face and making sure you're using $200 of products every day. If you use drugstore products, you don't meet the expectations of being a woman. Hello????? I feel like I'm in some weird world I don't understand.

I forgot to say... It's rare I make it to the store but it's super hot in there!!! How the heck can you stand there and do a full face?? Everything would be melted off by the time I was done! 😄

Not to mention the poor lighting! I would use the wrong shade of foundation every time!

Good point!  

Okay makes sense. Sometimes I see people doing their makeup slowly and it doesn't seem like they're just testing products either...Wow so they are just doing their makeup there! That's horrible =/ 

Stealing and spreading germs in your face as a feminist act? I've seen everything now...

@DaintyDiva my thoughts exactly!

Wow, that's just disgusting! Those people that have done it every day for years must have super-immune systems by now hahah

Sanitation issues aside, who has the time to go there every morning? I have to go to work before Sephora even opens, anyway. Seems like a wretched idea all around.

???? This is fascinating. I want to observe someone doing a full face by going through multiple aisles at Sephora. Proudly posting about it shows a lack of judgement that is hard to understand lol.

EDIT: I went to read the blog post, and it's so ridiculous I find it had to believe she isn't being deliberately inflammatory. Also- "Let me be clear — I’m not advocating actually stealing from Sephora (but if that’s your style, do you)." What?

😧 I can't read the full story because im not subscribed but from what you are saying....this is really jaw dropping for me. I mean in principle sure MAYBE it's a good "hack"/"cheat", but those testers are not clean! I think this kind of crosses the line like along the same lines as taking sephora product from testers and putting it in your own sample bottle. I can't imagine how much shade she gets from SA

@mella900 yeah it did that to me too a few times. I just copied and pasted the article to my original post if you wanna read it 🙂

I sold fragrance on ebay two months ago, and the buyer opened a dispute today saying that she never received the package -which tracking shows as delivered 52 days ago- and wanted a refund. What on earth? It was only a $20 transaction but i am reluctant to issue a refund. It's not as if the package disappeared in transit 😮

Tracking doesn't really prove anything other than it was delivered somewhere.  When I ordered flowers for my wedding (yes, I am a DIYer and I did all of my bouquets and arrangements), FedEx stated that it was delivered and had been left outside of the garage.  Problem was that I was home and I don't have a garage.  Thus began a 2 day nightmare of FedEx claiming that they had no idea what happened and they even tried to tell me to go to all of the houses in my neighborhood and look for my boxes.  They never found the flowers but I did manage to track down and corner the driver at my caterer.  Turned out that he actually accidentally delivered them to a wedding planner in another city.  I ended up having to buy everything from multiple florists the day before my wedding.  Cost me a lot of time and money.  The kicker was that FedEx actually tried to block me from getting my money back because they kept claiming that they delivered my flowers.  Sure they did but to the wrong address.  I reported the loss when it happened but I had to fight for 6 months to get my money back.

However, the fact that she waited so long to file a claim is a big red flag.  If something is lost in shipping, it should be reported within a day or two.

@TriesToBoClassy The fact that she waited so long is a red flag indeed, but on the tracking matter I have to say it's common. Only this week I had a package from Amazon "delivered" even though I never received it. 5 days later a neighbor brings it for me. It's the second time they deliver my package to someone else on my neighborhood.  Sometimes they will deliver to the wrong address, and you are at the mercy of strangers 😞

I thought buyers only had 30 days to file with ebay? I would answer by updating with tracking showing it was delivered and go thru the process. Whatever you do, don't ignore the case cause ebay will atomatically go with the buyer if you ignore it

Oh weird. I should ask ebay CS about the 30 days rule. Thanks! 🙂

Thanks for sharing your experiences from both sides @njattana 😄 It's a good idea to take a picture of the addressed & stamped package. I should do that too. The tracking record will hopefully prove that it's a PO or buyer-side thing. 

i wouldn't issue a refund. if she didn't receive it in a timely manner she would have opened a case a long time ago. don't worry about getting negative feedback either...once a buyer opens a case against a seller ebay blocks their ability to leave feedback. this is good for situations like this where the seller is in the right, but when the seller is wrong it sucks because you can't let other people know that they are scammers. i hope ebay sides with you. 

I didn't know about the review thing, good to know! Yeah I see how that works against the general interest when the seller is scammy. Thank you @oublieux 🙂

I sell things on eBay too and I have read about some bad things some buyers do! Not saying she's one of them I have no idea if she's scamming or not, but from what I've read eBay sides with the buyer way more than the seller. It kind of scares me if I will ever get a bad buyer! 

testing