Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Thanks! Good to know. I guess I'll finally have to make a FB account just for these kinda things. I heard so many times companies do nothing until you call them out publicly. Sad. Smh.

They have a message button (if you're not familiar with FB, it's basically PMing), which is what I used. So you don't need to go public if you don't want to.

Anonymous Insider

I know it's much more annoying to call sometimes but I would definitely suggest giving their 800 number a call. Just last week I had a shampoo liter come and it had leaked all over the box and they sent a replacement at no charge (and didn't even have me ship back the one that had come damaged).

Edit: Mention that you had reached out over email in a timely fashion and that no one responded.

Thanks for your suggestion, @Anonymous . Wow, your experience with them sounds fantastic!

I didn't have time to call last two weeks ( I know that is never quick and "painless"! I simply had no time for that. That's why everybody has "contact us via email" option, I'd say. ), so I was thinking reaching out via email should work just as fine as it works perfectly everywhere else. Guess not...

By now I am pretty much done with this situation. It's very disappointing. I have no energy or will ( nor do I care! ) to deal with this kind of ridiculousness any further. I am going to go out of my way to return the palette in store. I'm gonna do that, and that's pretty much it. My short experience with Ulta is ending after that. Can't say I'm sorry. Plenty of other retailers out there make it priority to reach out back to you asap ( many the very same day! )... So, no. Not wasting another second on Ulta.

Anonymous Insider

I understand it can be frustrating 😞 Sorry you had to deal with that! While I do think they're getting better, they still have a ways to go...

How disappointing! 😞 I had no idea mail returns were not free.

This seemed too good to be true and was.  It didn't translate to the shopping cart.image.png

I would've panicked in a scramble to order if I saw that lol this morning Bite Multistick showed up as a $399 value for me. Unless they are selling me the whole collection for $24....:D

Whoa, that's a bit steep there😆

If only...

How disappointing, that would have been an awesome deal!

I know right!!!  My heart skipped a beat when I saw it! 

Not a pet peeves but really irritated. I went to Sears and grabbed Double Wear foundation..hey its birthday month so treating myself as much as possible, and then went to loblaws to grab some groceries: least fav activity. On my way out, I am asked for receipt for one zuchini, lettuce what not, I showed her and she is like you did not pay for your foundation, while pointing at my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

Ever since when do grocery stores start selling Estee Lauder -_-

I obviously waved my Sears receipts but holy! Common sense much? 

Wow your story made me laugh and also get slightly annoyed lol I can't believe people sometimes! @angel7594 your Walmart story is hilarious too! The thought of Dior being sold there and the cashier ringing it up ha goodness 😄

Lol, @Cupcakecandy  It was so ridiculous at the time, but very funny now! I guess the cashier was clueless about what brands they carry. 😄

Yipes!  This story gave me anxiety for you!  

I feel extreme guilt when being accused of stuff even when I haven't done anything.  Other people thinking I've done something somehow affects me even though it shouldn't. 

I'm so glad you had your receipt. 

That happened to me once at Walmart. I had a Dior lipstick in my reusable shopping bag, and the cashier said I needed to pay for it......so I played along, letting her try to ring it up since she was so rude to me. She did not believe me when I said I bought it at Sephora, despite having the receipt!... 😄  😄

LOL

I should have done the same thing but she was so rude about it. When I stated that you don't sell this (they WISH), she lost her mind, almost yelling that she needs to see the receipt then. 

So I really don't like paying for shipping I try to avoid it all costs....

kicking myself right now because I just placed a $48 order in a rush and completely didn't pay attention so I paid for shipping when I could've just added a $2 item!! Too late to cancel now sigh sigh

I also hate paying for shipping! I will convince myself I "need" something else to hit the free shipping mark.

I hate paying shipping too! sorry that happened to you.

5 Replies
testing