Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

If only...

How disappointing, that would have been an awesome deal!

I know right!!!  My heart skipped a beat when I saw it! 

Not a pet peeves but really irritated. I went to Sears and grabbed Double Wear foundation..hey its birthday month so treating myself as much as possible, and then went to loblaws to grab some groceries: least fav activity. On my way out, I am asked for receipt for one zuchini, lettuce what not, I showed her and she is like you did not pay for your foundation, while pointing at my Estee Lauder Double Wear.

Ever since when do grocery stores start selling Estee Lauder -_-

I obviously waved my Sears receipts but holy! Common sense much? 

Wow your story made me laugh and also get slightly annoyed lol I can't believe people sometimes! @angel7594 your Walmart story is hilarious too! The thought of Dior being sold there and the cashier ringing it up ha goodness 😄

Lol, @Cupcakecandy  It was so ridiculous at the time, but very funny now! I guess the cashier was clueless about what brands they carry. 😄

Yipes!  This story gave me anxiety for you!  

I feel extreme guilt when being accused of stuff even when I haven't done anything.  Other people thinking I've done something somehow affects me even though it shouldn't. 

I'm so glad you had your receipt. 

That happened to me once at Walmart. I had a Dior lipstick in my reusable shopping bag, and the cashier said I needed to pay for it......so I played along, letting her try to ring it up since she was so rude to me. She did not believe me when I said I bought it at Sephora, despite having the receipt!... 😄  😄

LOL

I should have done the same thing but she was so rude about it. When I stated that you don't sell this (they WISH), she lost her mind, almost yelling that she needs to see the receipt then. 

So I really don't like paying for shipping I try to avoid it all costs....

kicking myself right now because I just placed a $48 order in a rush and completely didn't pay attention so I paid for shipping when I could've just added a $2 item!! Too late to cancel now sigh sigh

I also hate paying for shipping! I will convince myself I "need" something else to hit the free shipping mark.

I hate paying shipping too! sorry that happened to you.

I've done that before. Ouch. 😞

I dunno why but I am not able to post photos from my MacBook. Only iPad.  

Anyone having similar issues???

So I don't get this... Canadian companies who are located in Canada, ship from Canada but sell in USD. Like WT_??? If I buy something in my country I except to pay in my currency... why would I pay like a third more. So while I'd like to encourage these companies by purchasing from them... I'm rethinking this whole thing....

Oh I hate that too! I think its so much frustrating. 

Must be frustrating as heck for y'all, but stable currency.  Just business. 

I don't think you know how frustrating... our Canadian companies are being bought by other giant companies or giant companies come into this country and swallows up the Canadian competition... small ones like those I mentioned above sell in USD and other companies just sell out to the US... cough cough Bite... It's beyond frustrating. I'm all for encouraging small businesses/Canadian businesses and stuff but that's like a slap in the face and makes me want to shop elsewhere.

This does sound frustrating.  How are they able to sell is USD in your country?

Is it because it is online???

yup @wheeeee. I try not to buy anything in USD at the moment because the exchange rate sucks. Plus I think there's always some type of fee associated with it or something... so like it costs even more... like for paypal or the cc there's a fee for them to make the conversion?? ugh banks... won't start on that LOL 😄

To me it's a slap in the face... like your country isn't good enough or what? I was set to purchase from both companies now those purchases are on hold.

YES! Looking at you Beaute Cosmetics

testing