Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

oh, I hate their discounted services! they can take up to 1.5 weeks sometimes.

UPS has been especially annoying lately. Their 1, 2 and 3 day shipping is taking a few more days than they say it will. 

Oh no 😞 I'm expecting something via FedEx SmartPost

Anonymous Insider

God Speed 🙂

That's insane!

I signed up for paperless statements from Nordstrom, and to reward me for my eco-friendly choice, they sent me a $5 Nordstrom Note ... on paper. Le sigh.

haha silly! I know a lot of companies are pushing for being eco-friendly but yet if you cancel statements and such they still send out their marketing -_-

Anonymous Insider

😄 the irony lawl

A little peeve...cactus legs! 😄

I am currently recovering from a procedure; and cannot shave my legs because of pain and mobility issues. I really hate having to sport the dreaded stubble, especially in the summer! 

Aw,  feel ya!  I just had my first good shave in months a couple days ago.  I'd been shaving but not very nicely. I can't stop rubbing my legs together. 😄

Hope you are ok!  I totally get that... I caved years ago and got laser treatments. Best thing I ever invested in considering I'd shave and not even 24 hours later it wasn't smooth no more.

@veronika23 Thanks! 😊 I will be down for about a week. I have always been interested in the laser treatment....especially right at this moment lol!

@angel7594 hope the week goes by fast for you so you can get to shaving those legs 😄 😉

If you ever look into it remember that not all machines are made the same and that you would be better off going to a derm or a highly skilled place instead of a beauty spa.  I know plenty of people that it barely worked for them... Also saw horror stories of people being burned 😕 I'm happy that years later it's still good.  I mean I have those baby blond hairs here and there but that's pretty much it.

@veronika23,

I hope it goes fast too! 😄

Thanks for the advice about laser treatment. I would definitely go through my dermatologist, that is frightening about people getting burned! 😞

@angel7594 I know it is! I always find it's best to leave things like this to the derm rather than a beauty spa.

I feel ya...smooth legs are definitely a priority in my life 🙂

This is all me...annoying myself...I am the biggest advocate with speaking with your wallet to companies. I really value & love Ulta's reward program 1000x's over Sephora's. Yet I've already re-rouged for 2017 and haven't re-Platinum'ed!!! What gives?!?

Oh, and the worst part is, I've intended NOT to re-rouge since the program started... 😞

I am in the exact same situation and I re-rouged months ago. I'm only close to re-platinuming thanks to the point multiplier on Monday, but I had the same thought when I checked my status.

The main reason is that Ulta doesn't carry my favorite brands (Bite, NARS, etc). Their mid-range is very limited when you compare it to Sephora.

Yes @kso1225 ulta is definatly missing the high end and designer makeup brands. Ulta seems to be more on the capitalistic marketing plan; supply the masses. They carry what is in demand by the largest part of the population. The average person isn't buying YSL, Dior, Marc Jacobs and she may not even know Bite and Nars exist.

I'm close to re-rouging but I re-platinumed months ago. I think it's because, for me, Ulta is more of a place where I can play around and try new things that aren't too expensive - drugstore mascaras, bath products, things like that. I also tend to buy things for my daughters there. Sephora is my place for buying the pricier items that I've researched and am pretty sure I'll love.

@JenniferOhJenny I completely agree

Everyone is making me feel super guilty!!!! I Rouged a few times over this year.  Still doing better than last year at least. 

3 Replies
testing