Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@angel7594 I know it is! I always find it's best to leave things like this to the derm rather than a beauty spa.

I feel ya...smooth legs are definitely a priority in my life 🙂

This is all me...annoying myself...I am the biggest advocate with speaking with your wallet to companies. I really value & love Ulta's reward program 1000x's over Sephora's. Yet I've already re-rouged for 2017 and haven't re-Platinum'ed!!! What gives?!?

Oh, and the worst part is, I've intended NOT to re-rouge since the program started... 😞

I am in the exact same situation and I re-rouged months ago. I'm only close to re-platinuming thanks to the point multiplier on Monday, but I had the same thought when I checked my status.

The main reason is that Ulta doesn't carry my favorite brands (Bite, NARS, etc). Their mid-range is very limited when you compare it to Sephora.

Yes @kso1225 ulta is definatly missing the high end and designer makeup brands. Ulta seems to be more on the capitalistic marketing plan; supply the masses. They carry what is in demand by the largest part of the population. The average person isn't buying YSL, Dior, Marc Jacobs and she may not even know Bite and Nars exist.

I'm close to re-rouging but I re-platinumed months ago. I think it's because, for me, Ulta is more of a place where I can play around and try new things that aren't too expensive - drugstore mascaras, bath products, things like that. I also tend to buy things for my daughters there. Sephora is my place for buying the pricier items that I've researched and am pretty sure I'll love.

@JenniferOhJenny I completely agree

Everyone is making me feel super guilty!!!! I Rouged a few times over this year.  Still doing better than last year at least. 

This is my statement.

Spend $957 to maintain your VIB Rouge status through 2017

I need MAJOR shopping inspo to Rouge '17!  I hope all the SF, Holiday and Hair kits are fabulous! I have close to $500 in Sephora gift cards......so, C'mon!!!

After 10x, I am $89 away from making Platinum '17 and already have 3,000 reward points. This is due to Ulta carrying DB this year. I don't really buy much make-up.

I always want to buy from Ulta instead of Sephora, but the Sephora free flash shipping always gets me, and I prefer to only buy one or two small things at a time instead of huge hauls. If Ulta offered a program like the Flash shipping sephora would probably never see my money outside of the brands exclusive to them. 

I've noticed this as well. I've hit rouge again but still have about $250 to spend to re platinum. I love ulta's rewards system but I'm a little lazy to surf their website and only shop during sales. I missed the 10x the points and am kind of kicking myself for not shopping just to shop lol. I reasoned that I didn't need to spend money just to earn money to hoard for ulta, when I really should spend that money on my kids for new school gear. 

However....there's a new one about to open up where I frequently shop and there's no Sephora there so that's alllll about to change lol. I'll probably hit platinum just for that reason alone.

I'm opposite. I already hit Platinum before 10x points and spent over $100 more during the event. I am a little over half way to Rouge, so Ulta has more of my money so far this year.

I haven't re-rouged nor are-platinumed. I can say I am close to renewing my platinum status than I am rouging. 

@StephaniLynn I think this is truly #goals for me. I don't need the stuff I have/get and hardly even use a tenth (maybe even 100x's less than that) what I have!

@H216 I am just over halfway to rouge. By this time last year I could have requalified 2x. Definitely cut back this year. 

At ulta I'm about $100 away from platinum. I would rather re-platinum than re-rouge lol. 

Anonymous Insider

I realized why I haven't re-platinumed...because I've been using my Ulta points to get FREE stuff I ACTUALLY WANT

No joke, I'm pretty sure I've actually bought close to $500 dollars worth at Ulta but have truly only spent around $250.

@Anonymous yeah I'm in the same boat except I'm hoarding my Ulta points. I've got 5k something so plan on doing major damage during the holidays. 

Cool brag, though! haha!

Ulta totally rules. I hope they don't ever change the reward program.. it's pretty perfect as is.

I want Ulta in Canada 😞

My biggest beauty pet peeve, which I have often been guilty of, is over-concealing the under eye area. For a couple of months, people used to ask me on a daily basis if I was really tired or sad that day and I was so confused! I realized that it's because I was concealing the *$&# out of my under eye area and then using a brightening powder. My undereye area was reverse racooned, cakey, and powder, and was making me look exhausted in a weird way.

So I went back to just a thin, natural layer of undereye conceal (my HG Lancome Effacernes) and just live with some of the redness showing through a bit. I feel a lot more beautiful this way somehow. I think part of it is because this whole saga happened during a research trip in Paris. The French are really not into concealing under eye bags and it grew on me.

@krunce honestly this is a hard one, like lipstick on teeth. I don't think anyone intends for the cakiness but sometimes, when u apply makeup, it looks very different hours later. Some people don't look closely at themselves throughout the day to understand the change their makeup went through. 

Also, selfies often tell lies- so if ppl rely on their pics vs reality of what their face looks like, they won't realize 

testing