Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Blender Cleaning

Hi Friends! Please tell me honestly....how often do you thoroughly clean your Beauty Blender? I use the round solid soap specially for cleaning them and my pretty pink blender lost sooo much color. I've been averaging a good cleaning every two weeks but don't use it every day. Ideas? Thank you!!!💋

Re: Beauty Blender Cleaning

I travel quite a bit so don't carry a separate soap for this. Just wash it with whatever face bar is available after the use (I don't use the blender everyday). Maybe I am not handling it gently and this does lose ton of color every time I wash it but I can live with that as I have skincare stuff to carry with and can't add a separate soap for this.

Though I am thinking of buying a solid cleanser (so TSA limit is not an issue) for this during the sale and appreciate any recommendations.

RE: Beauty Blender Cleaning

Every time with the mixture of the solid and a liquid gets it clean quickly

i clean mine with a regular non moisturizing bar soap. it...

i clean mine with a regular non moisturizing bar soap. it hasn't lost a lot of colour

Every time i use!!!

like once a week lol

like once a week lol

@BobbinElaine I recommend cleaning your bb every single time you use it and then leave it out in a well ventilated area to dry.  I use the round bb cleanser solid and it works great! ❤️

I clean mine every day that I use it. If I don't use a lo...

I clean mine every day that I use it. If I don't use a long wear foundation, I just use Dawn dish soap to clean mine. If I do use a long wear foundation, I'll use baby oil to break down the foundation and then clean with Dawn dish soap. My pink BB's always fade, they never stay neon pink.
Anonymous Insider

Re: I clean mine every day that I use it. If I don't use a lo...

I use Dawn dish soap too but never thought to try baby oil! Thank you for the tip!

I'm a daily user, so I clean mine each morning before using it since I need to dampen it anyway! I use Dr. Bronner's Bar Soap. It's inexpensive and keeps it stain-free. It will fade the sponge color, though. I prefer to use the beautyblender pro (the black one) because there's no color bleeding! 

That's a great tip! I didn't know if the black one would make it difficult to see how much foundation is left in the  sponge because it would be too dark to notice the color left behind. Maybe I should try that the next time I buy a new sponge instead of my neon pink 🙂

Same here! I clean mine every day before I use it. Never...

Same here! I clean mine every day before I use it. Never used to do it that often but I find it makes such a difference in application

I clean my BB every night so it's clean and ready for next morning

I have the beauty blender brand cleanser but recently I've been using Johnsons Johnson baby shampoo! I use it for all my brushes honestly

I wash mine everyday with Dove soap...usually at night when I wash my face. 

I wash mine after every use, usually when i am washing my face at night i will wash my BB so its fresh for the next day. I honestly don't like having liquid sit so i never understood using it 2-3xs and then washing, plus the longer you wait the harder it is to get fully cleaned. I don't use foundation brushes anymore but when i did i only used them once and had a few i rotated between until i washed them all.

Idc about the pink color, i am thinking about trying the nude one though/ has anyone tried? I've only tried the black one and i feel like the material is a little different so it probably works better with full cvg/ thicker foundations

Do the black color fade as you wash? I wash my pink one daily and noticed the color goes away so quickly and the longer I have it the tougher it is to wash all the foundation out. Is it easy to clean the black sponge?

Once every few uses, and I spritz it with 99% alcohol aft...

I spritz it with 99% alcohol after every use, and give it a thorough cleanse every few uses.

RE: Once every few uses, and I spritz it with 99% alcohol aft...

Thank you 💋

I don't use my Beauty Blender every day because I prefer brushes, but I clean mine after every use by spraying it with brush cleaner and rinsing with water.

RE: Re: Beauty Blender Cleaning

Thank you!! 🌸
Conversation Stats
testing