Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Bad Idea

Using blush on your eye lids.

Re: Bad Idea

I remember trying that.........and I agree....bad idea!

Using lipstick as on-the-go-blush (reccomended by Michelle Phan) DID NOT work out for me.....

Highlighted

1. Using eyeshadow as blush, or anything that is not blush as blush.

2. Using toothpaste to dry out pimples (I was like 13, don't judge me).

3. Tweezers for anything are a bad idea in my book.. wax in the hands of a professional for me as much as possible!

4. Sephora inside JC Penney - what were they thinking???

5. Shaving your eyebrows (again, I was like 13)

6. Green concealer. It only succeeds in making your skin green. Terrible invention! Does not neutralize red! Thank God I'm not a pimply 13 year old anymore! (Instead I'm a 22 year old with chronic eczema.. not much of an improvement.. boo. lol)

7. Waterproof mascara. I just don't see the point.

8. Fragrances meant to smell like foods. Again, why...?

9. Let's just put cheek stains, stick-form blush, liquid blush, roll-on blush, any other kind of non-powder blush on this list. It really creeps me out. I have a lot of issues with blush now that I think of it lol

10. Speaking of things that creep me out, fake eyelashes. If you're not dressing up for Halloween, performing on stage or walking the red carpet (ie viewed from 6 - 10ft away at all times), for me you shouldn't waste your time with those gross creepy things. They just look like hell.

I'm opinionated, I know. I could go on and on with this stuff. I hope I don't offend

Certain eyeshadows as blush work great in a pinch depending on your skin and the eyeshadow! The pink in Smashbox's Burlesque eyeshadow quad is good for that. Used it when i was runnin late and couldn't find my blush - looked great, woulda never known it wasn't blush.

I agree totally except for waterproof mascara. If it's hot outside, which it pretty much always is where I live, and you might sweat a little, it helps. But I have always hated the freaky blushes people come up with. The only thing that should be in a stick is lipstick. And blemish sticks. Those actually help. Smiley Wink

Hearts,

igetthatalot

mymaserati wrote:

6. Green concealer. It only succeeds in making your skin green. Terrible invention! Does not neutralize red!

I have mild rosacea: my cheeks near my nose look like they're clown red. I have found that judicious and appropriate use of green primer/concealer works well under foundation to tone down the redness.

mymaserati wrote:

8. Fragrances meant to smell like foods. Again, why...

I'm with you on this one! I don't  want to smell like cookies or candy; i am getting tired of perfumes that smell like spoiled desserts. I don't mind the *subtle* use of some fruits, chocolate, chili pepper (for example in Piment Brulant by L'Artisan Parfumeur), or *subtle* vanilla (as in the justly famous Guerlainade), however, when they are well blended and not dominant. I'm just glad i haven't seen roast beef scented perfume :-P

mymaserati wrote:

9. Let's just put cheek stains, stick-form blush, liquid blush, roll-on blush, any other kind of non-powder blush on this list. It really creeps me out. I have a lot of issues with blush now that I think of it l

Actually, i'm fond of creamy or transparent/translucent gel stick blushes. I started using them in the early 1970s. For me they blend well with my moisturizing foundation or on my dry skin. But it's good there are so many different kinds, that way each of us, with different skin issues and personal preferences, can find the ones we like best.

As for opinionated, i bet many of us on these boards are Smiley Wink

Re: Bad Idea (Green concealer)

I'm a redhead with a very ruddy complexion and my makeup goal ever since I've been wearing makeup (we won't go into how long that is!) is to conceal my red face.  Green concealers really do work, you just have to find the right one.  There is a makeup compay called Just For Redheads and, while many of their products are great, their green concelaer did just what you said - it make me green.  But a coworker turned me onto the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in the green and it REALLY works.  It's very light and blends like a dream. Combined with the Bare Escentuals foundation in Fairly Medium, (which is also great at camouflaging redness) I no longer look like I have a perpetual sunburn.  I would recommend this combo (especially the primer) to any of my fellow gingers (or anybody) who have a red face issue. 

Bad Idea: using eyeshadow + Vaseline as a lip color/gloss...thing. Okay, it wasn't awful, but when it dries out it looks weird.

Also, I agree that perfume or whatever shouldn't come in food scents. Unless it's bacon.

As a very red-faced person, I will also have to agree that I love green primers. At first, I didn't understand that it was something to be worn UNDER make up, and I wore it just plain once. I did have a green face. But once you put your foundation on, you look normal and there is no redness. Works amazingly! I love MUFE's green primer, but I think I am going to try Fusion Beauty's one next.

Clear Mascara.... umm hello, what is it even supposed to do but make your eye lashes look clumpy? Am I right? Smiley Tongue

18 Replies
Conversation Stats