Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BRANDS YOU WISH SEPHORA CARRIED

Thought it be fun to have a newer version of this.

So what brands do you wish Sephora carried???  Here are some of mine... I might be forgetting some too 😄

Les Merveilleuse Laduree

Anna Sui

Jill Stuart

Jo Malone (rumor it's coming)

Diptyque

The Body Deli

May Lindstrom

Odacite

Inglot

ETA:

ILNP (I Love Nail Polish)

Cirque Colors Nail Lacquer

Barefoot Venus (Canadian brand... need more of these!)

m7260430_LADUR_logo3.jpg

Re: BRANDS YOU WISH SEPHORA CARRIED

@Emy10 I believe that Paula's Choice is now offered in the US Sephora stores/online. 

@missjeanie  yes, but im in Canada 😔😔😂😂😂

@Emy10 Me too! Too bad we cant get PC here!

@Mellmars1185  we can order it i did once and OH.... after the currency difference and the shipping, yeah...... as much as i very much liked a few products that i tried, ill wait. It will come to Canada in time.

@Emy10 I feel that... I'm in Canada as well.  Wish we still had the same warehouses as the US, it was a big bummer when they separated them. 

@missjeanie wait, are you saying that there was a chance for us to be able to order, but then what happened??

It's been several years now, but my Canadian Sephora orders used to be fulfilled by a warehouse in the US.  We used the same page as the US to order.  I want to say it switched over around 2015 to separate warehouses?  I may be off a year or two in either direction.  PC wasn't a brand at Sephora at the time though.  

@missjeanie  oh ok, but yeah i wonder why PC still isnt in Canada today, its popular so... idk, sometimes companies are slow for wtv reasons..... 😒😒😒

Reasons could be ingredients regulation, or the cost for having warehouses in Canada, but like Come onnnnn lol

lol... @Emy10 I kind of hope that Sephora runs with more high end brands, I find that over the last few years it seems to be that a lot of lower costing brands are coming in to try and compete with Ulta, (though I'd classify PC as a mid range) where I think they should be competition for the high end department stores.  There are a lot of reasons why they do or don't bring a brand in.  If I recall correctly someone mentioned that brands are expected to have a certain number of new releases per season.   I don't follow the PC brand at all so I'm not sure... but it sounds like her ethos was more about a core product group, less new release heavy.  It could be that the PC brand doesn't see a big enough market here as well.  Listing fees and such for products may not be worth it to them to explore having an outside distributor.  

@missjeanie  i hear you on that PC kinda looks more "department store", but the brand changed Alot and has alot to offer.

Its the kind of brand that has Everything for everyone.

I heard about PC for the first time many many years ago and honestly to me it kinda sound like an "older more mature women's" brand 😂😂😂 so i never looked into it until quite a few youtubers videos i watched mentionned it.

After that i looked into it and also tried a few products, and ill say this, its quality. 

Its expensive enough, closer to high end than just mid, also, if we think about brands like The Ordinary, that is very low priced, PC is Alot more expensive and has alot more to offer.

Its also already in US Sephoras, so it would be great to also have it. 

Lol... @Emy10 I read through your reply and had to start laughing... I'm totally the 'middle aged' consumer now.  I've totally ordered and tried from TO via Sephora... and while I appreciate that it makes it easy to try for me.... I just feel like lately Sephora doesn't feel quite a Luxury?  Know what I mean?  Ah well.... hopefully we all get a little of what we want eh!

@missjeanie  im 40 lol but yes, that was quite a few years ago and i was like.... "Paula?... 😒😒😂😂😂😂

Also like, for me i like that Sephora has more options, and if we mostly want high end, we can order from the brands themselves, though Sephora does give us an easier access to certain brands, but still. 

Me at around 19yo "Paula... sounds like an older aunt name or something" nope 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You all know Chanel started at Sephora, right?  It started as just a website with no brick and mortar stores, sold both Chanel color and Bourjois Cosmetics when Chanel owned them and they were the (very high quality) lower end drugstore branch of Chanel.  OCC Lip Tar was a huge part of the initial success of the site in the US but when Sephora opened stores companies had to provide a ton of very expensive marketing materials, displays, and products which drove OCC to bankruptcy.  Philosophy was a huge deal and sold makeup, Korres shower gels were on here, I think they sold more whole lines instead of just select products from the brands.  A LOT of brands have come and gone.  The brands used to have splash pages with their company ethos and there were no user uploads, just the models and swatches the brands provided, like how the brands look on department store sites now.  Before the internet, skincare and makeup options consisted of what drugstore and department stores had (or Avon and Mary Kay, not kidding!), unless you were a pro or lived in a huge city with indie small brand stores.  There were some spa brands if you could afford spas.  You were lucky if your town had a Lancome counter, and then came Sephora. 

Anyway, if you're waiting for Chanel color to "come to" Sephora, been there, done that.

Edit: I rechecked and the original version of Sephora which was Parisian did open ONE US store in NYC in 1998.  The US website started in 1999 and it is when Sephora stores went national that Chanel color pulled their products.  

I buy far more skincare than makeup, so I would love to see brands like Embryolisse, Medik8, U Beauty, and Verso, though I believe they had Verso at one time.  I would also love to see more Japanese skincare lines, like the billion other Shiseido lines and all the super great and affordable sunscreens.

Ahhh Bourjois! That might have been the first or second brand I ever purchased something of from Sephora (UD being the other). I think I still have the tube of blue mascara because I have never found a better performing one since. I don't use it anymore, but I love having the memory of it, and the tube was so inspiring in its voluptuousness. I remember the OCC lip tars as well. I never figured out how to apply them without looking like a clown. 🤣

According to the company history, what is now Sephora started out as a small perfumery in Limoges, France, called Shop 8. Dominique Mandonnaud wanted to provide a place for customers to try out the products before making a purchase, something almost unheard of at the time.

Yes, as I point out below, Sephora existed as an entirely French endeavor until it was sold and taken international in 1997.  We can all read Wikipedia.  I was speaking to the Sephora that existed in the US that we are currently shopping on.

Ah the good old days @tg1973 lol. I remember going into the NYC store in ‘98 and thinking ok this is heaven now. So many good lines come and gone. BG and Barneys just the best too! I feel so badly for store’s SAs. They have no line training like the past and often hear about new releases from customers. Has to be so tough.😕

@Sunnysmom @tg1973 I knew about Chanel makeup even when I was little girl. My mom literally had a gigantic bottle of no 5 and some old makeup that she let me play with. The makeup was already went bad by then but the jars, containers were super beautiful. I remembered dump out old powder and put my little kid jewelry in lol 😂 We used to have a Barney in downtown San Francisco but I never went in even when I used to work closed by. I didn’t wear any makeup until my mid 30s but I remember super excited doing first rouge shopping during November sale in my late 30s 🤣😂

Oh that’s an amazing memory @blackkitty2014 ! They would be a beautiful container for jewels and brushes etc too! My dad used to gift me a bottle of No. 5 every year, our little tradition. How I miss him! 😇 Chanel has always just had the best mystique about it that’s for sure. She was apparently something else. 😆😳

I honestly didn't know that Chanel even sold makeup until I saw my first Chanel counter in Beverly Center.  Then after I moved to DC, there was a beauty shop outside town where I saw my first Clarins counter, professional brands like DermaBlend, etc.  I have never been very much into makeup because a. I'm not good at it, and b. my genetically baggy eyelids have always defied artistry.  The biggest revelation to me has always been skincare, but as I get older I do see the value of buying high end makeup as I wear less of it.

Ooh--and Burberry makeup.  It looks absolutely gorgeous but I don't know enough about it, I need reviews!

testing