Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BRANDS YOU WISH SEPHORA CARRIED

Thought it be fun to have a newer version of this.

So what brands do you wish Sephora carried???  Here are some of mine... I might be forgetting some too 😄

Les Merveilleuse Laduree

Anna Sui

Jill Stuart

Jo Malone (rumor it's coming)

Diptyque

The Body Deli

May Lindstrom

Odacite

Inglot

ETA:

ILNP (I Love Nail Polish)

Cirque Colors Nail Lacquer

Barefoot Venus (Canadian brand... need more of these!)

m7260430_LADUR_logo3.jpg

Re: BRANDS YOU WISH SEPHORA CARRIED

I honestly didn't know that Chanel even sold makeup until I saw my first Chanel counter in Beverly Center.  Then after I moved to DC, there was a beauty shop outside town where I saw my first Clarins counter, professional brands like DermaBlend, etc.  I have never been very much into makeup because a. I'm not good at it, and b. my genetically baggy eyelids have always defied artistry.  The biggest revelation to me has always been skincare, but as I get older I do see the value of buying high end makeup as I wear less of it.

Ooh--and Burberry makeup.  It looks absolutely gorgeous but I don't know enough about it, I need reviews!

A few years ago Burberry cosmetics were carried by S.  Temptalia blog has (favourable) reviews from 2019 and earlier.  Very nice, subtle tones. Reminded me of the early 80's Ralph Lauren cosmetic-range, but with hefty packaging.  But seems that Burb. color cosm. up and disappeared? 

@tg1973 Good points.  So S. was an initiative of Bourjois / Chanel, then? plus LVMH? 

San Fran. was another late 90's 'outpost' for S., as there was a wealthy clientele in the city by the Bay.

In the late 80's & 90's, Chanel color cosm. were sold in some U.S.dept. stores, with an air of exclusivity. I don't about Europe, Canada or other markets.    I read somewhere that the late KL was instrumental in bringing Chanel color to fruition. Would CC approve? Guess we'll never know.

Also, a big yes to cosmetically-elegant and affordable Japanese spf stuff, ie. Biore 'UV milk' sunscreen.

@MvLL 

The original Sephora was started as a store in Paris in 1970.  LVMH bought Sephora in 1997, which is when it went international.  Chanel was the most prestigious of prestige brands and the hardest to find, and I lived in LA through the 90's.  When I moved to DC, you had to go to Saks Fifth Avenue or Neiman Marcus to get Chanel, and their salespeople we're snotty and rude af.  As late as 2005 that I know of, prestige brands hired and trained their own counter reps to put in department stores.  I had a long talk with a salesperson for Prescriptives and she told me about going to national conventions and training classes just to sell their stuff at Macy's.  I think when Sephora opened stores all over, Chanel didn't want to spend the time and money to hire and train reps for every store and they didn't want to dilute their brand.  Now that Armani Beauty has proven so successful, Chanel just came to Ulta, of all places.  Now department stores are dying out, the whole industry has changed.

wow I hear ya I was a big shopper of chanel at Saks and BG in Manhattan.. can't believe they took chanel out of Neiman and BG! I remember the glory days of the 70's and 80's! now in Ulta! unbelievable!

@scarlett2000 Remember the Coat Check at Bergdorf's? That is (or was?) Deluxe. Between '89-'05, I visited BG's a half dozen times. Always a top flight experience, even if just looking, which contrasted to other NY stores in same time period. 

Wish that S. carried Shu (not just Hair stuff), RougeBunnyRouge (are they still Active?),

GlamGoth Beauty (intense & gorg),

Paul & Joe (even if only 'round the holidays),

more Belif stuff, especially their kits,

Earth Science (their Creamy Cleanser ADE is "It"!).

@veronika23 It's a blustery day, so I'm daydreaming

Hope it's ok to *bump* this Thread!

Veronika great thread. Sephora, please sell Veriphy, Pleasing Also Wetbrush 

Tags:

I wish Sephora carried BLISS!! 

I’d love to see the following brands:

Thrive Causmetics

Chantecaille

Wayne Goss

Vieve Cosmetics

Made by Mitchell

Uomo

I wish that Sephora Canada carried PC!

##LaRochePosay

#CeraVe

Eminence organics. I love these products so much. They’re available on LovelySkin . com

GLOSSIER!!!!! i only buy my makeup from them 

glossier. 
morphe. 
chanel. 
MAC. 

Chanel and Beauty Bakerie. 

Aveda, Oribe, EltaMD, Krave Beauty, Skinceuticals, Biologique Recherche, the complete Sulwhasoo line

I’d love if they brought back Illamasqua 

I wish they carried Rodial 

obsessed with the soft glow drops !

@veronika23 I would love to see Susan Yara’s brand Naturium on here. If you guys are into skincare, you will love her! She’s on Yourube as Mixed Makeup and Susan Yara. ❤️

testing