Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

BRANDS: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

What brands are you obsessed with and what sparked your love for them? What is it about that specific brand that makes you come back to buy more or try their new products? Any brands you've been disappointed with? Brands that consistently have products that don't seem to live up to the hype... or that just doesn't work for you. Maybe there's a brand you don't want to buy products from due to poor reviews/image. Any brands you've been wanting to try or any that caught your eye due to packaging or a specific product.

Share your stories of brand love and dislike.

One brand that will always hold a special in my heart is MAC. It was the first higher end brand that I purchased from and what started my love and obsession to makeup! I still remember looking at all the beautiful and endless products they offered. What brought me to them was a lip balm I loved. It was a tinted lip balm and I wanted to match that very specific nude beige to a lipstick and couldn’t find it anywhere else. After seeing the range of color they offered I just fell in love. I must admit that I am a bit disappointed in the brand the last few years… it doesn’t feel like it used to and I can’t really put my finger on what makes me feels this way about them.

1484564192-mac-colour-rocker-lipsticks.jpg

KVD is another brand that keeps getting my money. I'm loving pretty much everything she is coming out with! Her packaging and all the work she puts into it make it even more special.  I so wish I would have gotten the face chart reward when it was up. Definitely one of my top brands!

2017-3-31_home-slider_rock-candy.gif

I also want to mention The Body Deli.  I keep repurchasing from them. I love their products and have been using their body line for a while now.  Here's more info about them from their site.

Spoiler
THE BODY DELI is the pioneer in fresh, organic, raw superfood enhanced personal care products. Two Cosmetic Chefs, Margaret Skarin Clark and David Anton Parker, created the brand in the resort towns of Palm Desert and Palm Springs, California in 2001. Two "foodies" with an extensive background in nutrition, raw food, wellness and beauty, envisioned a personal care brand so different, fresh and unique that they started making their own healthy skin care products. Their special method is a process similar to crafting fresh juices and smoothies in a high-end Organic Juice Bar. “Fresh Food for the Skin” was their concept, and since then they have evolved a global brand committed and dedicated to providing the absolute purest alternative for nourishing the face, body and hair. Celebrities, fashion designers, Fortune 500 leaders and health conscious people have fallen in love with The Body Deli’s unique, effective and wonderful creations.

TBDcollection_2048x2048.jpg

I've mentioned these in the thread today but also a big fan of:

Natasha Denona

Viseart

Pat McGrath

Odacite

Omorovicza 

Love the eye products from the first 3 brands, the serums from Odacite and a few products from Omorovicza. Probably more but just have a huge memory blank right now 😄

Re: BRANDS: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

@veronika23 Always happy to enable. HAHAHAHAHA. 🙂 

@themusefactory  it was Cocktail Cosmetics. That's how I was able to buy Neve.  I went and had another look and wanna buy more now 😄  They just don't seem to sell the mineral shadows that are equally beautiful!

I'm completely obsessed with Fresh. It started with some samples, and its progressed into a full blown addiction to their lip treatments, moisturizers, serums, shampoo, conditioner, and (especially) masks.

If you look at a pie chart of my monthly spending, Fresh has its own sizable slice.

I keep telling myself that I don't need anymore as I only have one head. Still everything is so good that when they come out with a new product, I can't resist.

@Adriadne  what would be your top 3?  I must admit there's a few of their higher priced items I really really love 😄

The corset cream, the Creme Ancienne honey mask, and the sugar face polish I think.

I have the Creme Ancienne Soft Cream, and I do love it. But, the Corset Cream really firms my jawline, and that's one of my primary concerns.

@Adriadne  cool! I really love that honey mask and have it too! I've used the face polish and that was another great product.  The creme ancienne line is definitely a line I love. I love that soft cream!  Think I'll dig in my stash to see if I have a corset cream sample. Thx! 🙂

Conversation Stats
Photos8
  • TBDcollection_2048x2048.jpg
  • 2017-3-31_home-slider_rock-candy.gif
  • 1484564192-mac-colour-rocker-lipsticks.jpg
  • edfe55e6e1cbfef503a6a7e7eb63a1dd.jpg
  • Terracotta-Category-3_1.jpg
  • 00.JPG
  • RBR-Calendar-Apr.jpg
  • https://media.giphy.com/media/ZO6MbrigSyaDm/giphy.gif
testing