Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Are you "trialing" a new product ? Want to talk about it ?

trying new products can be...overwhelming. do you love a product because it works ? can you tell right away if it's performing the way you want it to ? sometimes i'm so happy to finally try something and let my enthusiasm blind my actual impression of it (at least at first Smiley Wink )

it takes time to come to proper conclusions ! particularly when it comes to skincare, but makeup too.

so here's a thread where we can discuss our experiences while trying a product  for a first time. it can also be a place that people can reference if they're considering a new product.

right now i'm trying a sample of the REN v-cense night cream. i've only used it for 2 nights so far, but i LOVE IT. i love it so much i'm tempted to go ahead and grab it up, but i need to make sure it doesn't break me out over time (it contains shea butter which *can* be a breakout trigger for me, but not necessarily). it smells of frankincense which i adore, but i know for some people would be a turn off.

i'm also checking out the VICHY aqualia thermal serum. i really love the CAUDALIE vinosource s.o.s. thirst quenching serum, and prefer the texture of it to the VICHY, but think the caudalie may break me out slightly (i also was probably overusing it...i was very enthusiastic). so i'm just trying to figure out which i prefer.

how about you ?

post trial edit about the products above: i had to skip on the REN because the shea butter in it was too heavy for my skin. and i suppose buying something simply for the smell isn't the best use of my moola Smiley Wink

the VICHY aqualia thermal serum, however, is in my permanent arsenal. i've already repurchased once since starting this thread, and have turned a few people on to it too ! 

Re: Are you "trialing" a new product ? Want to talk about it ?

I started trying to simplify my skincare routine a bit as I think I use too many products.  One of the products I brought in about 3 weeks ago is Mila Moursi Refining Lotion.  It doesn't have the best smell but I have been using it nightly for the past 2 weeks and my skin has been loving it. My skin is smoother, clearer, and just all around better.  It's quite tacky at first but settles in nicely.

I was trialing a whole bunch of skincare, but I won't talk about that here.

My latest makeup craze has been foundations. For years, I've stuck with the same 1 or 2 foundations year-round, with a mix of another couple BB creams that I'd use during the summer when more tanned. But something has gotten into me recently and I went on a foundation spree. I haven't used any of these extensively yet, but here are my (almost) first impressions:

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation (3.5 & 4) - even though I was colour matched better this time, I still have to mix 3.5 and 4 to get a good match for my skin. Applies beautifully and sets well, photographs amazingly like I was airbrushed! Starts getting shiny around the 5-6 hour mark, but not too bad. Doesn't break apart like some foundations when it wears off. Besides the grease, still looks good after a long day (approx. 10-12 hours). Unsure if it gives me tiny comedones but this time I will commit to sticking to this foundation until I've used up both bottles to confirm.

Dior Nude Air Serum foundation (021) - this colour is the best match for me out of the range but a bit too peachy/orange in undertone. Have to work REALLY quick at blending this super liquidy foundation as it sets really fast. Need a good brush as well, or it'll look streaky. I actually prefer to mix this with a pump of moisturizer and apply with fingers...makes the product easier to spread and blend! Lasts longer than Armani on me, but will settle on dry patches if I had any. Also can look a bit powdery in places as it wears off. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry skin.

Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation (4.0) - good undertone match (olive yellow), just a tad too dark so it makes me look a bit sallow. Works though because it's a lightweight foundation and sheers out nicely. I can also add a drop of white colour adjusting drops if desired. I cannot touch my face at all wearing this foundation as it transfers easily. I had brunch with friends and had my jaw resting on my hand and the foundation was all gone afterwards. The finish when applied with a brush is a bit splotchy, I might use my fingers next time since that is how I applied in store and I looked amazing!

Hourglass Vanishing foundation stick (Buff) - I liked this at first, but it breaks apart on my face especially in my oily t-zone by about the 6th hour mark. I think it would be best for normal to dry skin. Looks shiny as it wears as well and this is WITH the Hourglass Veil primer which is my daily primer anyway. It does blend beautifully and once my skin clears up I can myself using without concealer, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase if I don't end up returning it.

Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation (213) - my latest foundation acquisition and the PERFECT undertone match. It looks noticeably yellow even when compared to all the other foundations I have! Has a slight green hint which means it's the ultimate match for me (I always felt like my skin looked green in some natural lighting). Sadly, the formula is not my favourite even though it's a super lightweight foundation that blends beautifully. Very sheer coverage, which I do like for some days. I would say this is the most luminous of all the foundations I own... I look positively glowy when I wear this even after setting with powder. Unfortunately I do have to blot by the 3-4th hour mark and maybe again after the 6th hour mark. It's a beautiful foundation, just maybe more for people with normal skin. My cheekbones never looked so good without highlighter!

Overall, I'd say that the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is still my favourite out of all the foundations/base products I have. It is at least good to excellent in every category..whereas some of these new foundations I'm testing, it might be excellent in some categories, but only OK in others.  

Currently trialing Alterna Caviar Clinical Professional Exfoliating Scalp Treatment. This was a Marshall's find and I was unsure because it seemed to be discontinued (and/or an in-salon product) and I couldn't find an expiration date.  But it was so cheap I decided to take a chance.  After taking Accutane years ago my skin, scalp and hair changed and everything became a lot more dry and itchy.  And a lot of products on the market don't seem suited for me because I don't have a problem with dandruff.  Only itchiness.  Lately it's also seemed like my hair has been shedding more than usual so I figured maybe this could help too?!?

And wouldn't you know I LOVE it.  It's hard to describe but my scalp just feels cleaner - less buildup, less dry bits.  And it's definitely MUCH less itchy.  I've used it twice (with a week in between) and I'm really happy so far.  Of course it's not on the market any more.  Womp womp.  But I'm going to keep an eye out at Marshall's to see if any more shows up.  Otherwise it looks like the Caviar Clinical Weekly Intensive Boosting Treatment could be similar.

I'm also trialing Caviar Repair RX Fill & Fix Treatment Masque.  I like it too.  Doesn't make my hair as soft as some other masks, but my hair looks super healthy when blown out after using this.

I finally made a leap to try La Mer's renewal oil. I used it for a week last week and stopped cause after years of no pimples, white heads (one at a time, three total) appeared in the course of the week I was using it. I did use it alone and only at night. 

I'm taking a week off and will try it again since I liked the feel of it and my skin (other than the breakout, of course). By taking a week off, I can at least understand if that breakout was hormonal or something like that. The oil is a mixture of their 'potion' and blend of oils. It really felt more like serum than an oil. They recommend 3-5 drops and I think me using 5 drops barely covered my face/neck, whereas with oils 3 drops has always been plenty for me. The product sinks into my skin immediately and even using it alone left my face soft & hydrated in the morning. I'm not sure it will be worth the price yet. I'm not completely sold. 

My skin cleared up and healed very quickly (like literally a day) after stopping. In the mornings I used Amore Pacific's Moisture Bound Rejuvenating cream and i feel it helped heal those pimples. 

This morning I used my new Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum.  I bought it on Amazon after reading some good reviews.  

I was just looking in the mirror at work and I was thinking, "wow my skin looks really nice today..."  then I remembered I used that serum today.  Now I'm not going to say one application is giving me instantly noticeable results of course...but whatever it is I like it!

I'm definitely excited to see how this works long term!

I've been trialing the Josie Maran Whipped Argan Face Butter ever since Sephora had that promo. I was able to test it out at a time when my skin had been really dry and flaky (from being sick, blowing my nose constantly, etc.). It has worked really well and my skin feels so soft and moisturized. But I'm worried it may have broken me out. I had been using it quite intensely when the breakout occurred, since then I've used it more sparingly and it seems to have solved the problem.

I don't know, I'm not sure as of yet, but I still have some samples to use up. I want it to work out because it seems like the perfect moisturizer for winter. It's the first one I've found that truly makes my skin feel moisturized. I'm going to try it out over the next week, and if all goes well I will likely be purchasing the full size. Smiley Happy Fingers crossed. 

I'm trialing...

- Drunk Elephant's Lala Retro Whipped Cream 

Spoiler
I'm currently using the deluxe sample from the C-ing is Believing set from DermStore. I thought the cream was going to be thick but it actually absorbed quickly into my skin. I find it a little hard to spread on my skin though. I was expecting a light and fluffy texture. Maybe I got an old deluxe sample? I have used it for 4 times now and I haven't noticed any irritations. It's moisturizing but I don't think it can get rid of dry patches. The areas that I have applied too much Benzoyl Peroxide still feel tight even after I use this moisturizer. Overall, I'm loving it even though it doesn't get rid of my dry patches. I'm considering purchasing the full size when I get the December Sephora gift card. I would love to have this moisturizer in the new airless packaging but I don't want to pay for shipping when buying on Drunk Elephant's direct website. 

- Kate Somerville Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion

Spoiler
I was interested in this product ever since I saw Kate Somerville selling a simple 5% Benzoyl Peroxide for a hefty $42. I saw many glowing reviews so I really wanted to try it to see if it is more effective than my Neutrogena's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. I was expecting that this lotion would diminish the size of my pimple in just one night. I have been using this for more than a week now and I'm not wowed by it. Maybe my skin didn't react to the lotion well because I'm used to using a stronger percentage of Benzoyl Peroxide? I'm still going to continue using this lotion though. It does reduce the size of my small pimples or whiteheads but I haven't had good results with big pimples. I like that this lotion doesn't leave white residue on my skin (it goes on invisible).

- Omorovicza Perfecting Lip Balm

Spoiler
I normally don't like lip balms in a jar because I really want to try this lip balm after reading lots of great reviews. I really really like the smell of this lip balm. The smell reminds me of a rhubarb pie or a candy. The lip balm looks hard in the jar at first. However, immediately after you touch the lip balm, it melts(!!!). I didn't have to swirl around too much. It tugs a little of my lips when applying it because I think it's a little thick. Not too thick to wear it during the day though. My lips don't feel sticky after application. It doesn't feel like it's just sitting on my lips and it doesn't dry out my lips. I think this lip balm lasts a long time on my lips. I can apply it in the morning and my lips will still be moisturized until late afternoon. I can still feel the lip balm on my lips even after drinking or eating some snacks. I have only used it 3 times though (just got it yesterday). Overall, I'm very satisfied with this lip balm even though the price is not cute at all. I think I will have to test out more of this lip balm again. I like it but I think there are other lip balms in my stash that performs as well as this Omorovicza lip balm. I'll play around and I update the post once I have made up my mind.

- Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos

Spoiler
I was so excited to try this due to the rave reviews. I love using First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads and Good Genes as my exfoliants but I want to branch out. I have used the TLC Framboos serum for 5 consecutive nights now and to be honest, I don't see any difference in my skin. My skin isn't smoother and my occasional pimple is still there. Luckily I only bought the NightBright set ($23 I think) which contains deluxe samples of the Marula Oil and TLC Framboos. I think I'm still going to try out the TLC Framboos for one more week and I hope it smoothes out the texture of my skin.

I've been using Shiseido's lash serum for maybe 8-10 days. It's possible I'm applying it weird because now my left eye has longer and fuller lashes than my right eye.

I am pretty impressed with this Tarte concealer that is all the rage right now, the one with that silly name ( tape shape whatever mate ). That thing does not crease or move one bit throughout a day! It stays exactly the same as when first applied. All day! Mind blown! Thin, or thick layer. ( I did a pretty thick, "youtube" layer, for the science today ( I don't do thick layer on normal basis )... Looks great. And it behaves amazingly! Still going strong. )

One beef I have with it, though, is that shade Fair ( for fair skin with pink undertones ) is - pretty yellow on me! Nothing pink about it at all. Smiley Mad Smiley Frustrated Le sigh... What else is new... But, I think I can get away with it...

I'm also trialing....

I love the scent of it and like how it feels on my skin (it almost reminds me of a gel-cream hybrid) but so far it doesn't seem hydrating enough, even with everything else in my routine for hydration.  Thankfully I got this FS through Beauty DNA.  I'm still trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but so far I would be disappointed if I paid full price for this.

Also trying a sample of:

To date I've found Sisley products to be nice, but not necessarily SO nice that they are worth the money.  But wow, I really like this eye serum.  I totally forgot I'd switched to it and noticed my fine lines seemed visibly less pronounced and it seems that this may be why.  It's a shame because I don't think I'll be able to drop the $300+ a full sized version costs when I'm done with my tiny sample.  Whelp.

Trialing the Caroline hirons "box of dreams 2" products.

so far liking the pendulum potion and zelens 3t complex. 

I am trailing the Drunk Elephant Maruja Oil.

First impressions: My skin is not absorbing it, it sits on top of my skin feeling oily and tacky :s

I will try it again tonight and see how it goes but I'm so glad I didn't rush to buy the full size before testing it out.

Background info: I am in my mid-20s and have fair, dry skin. I get flaky patches during the winter and have some redness and mild sunspots/uneven skin-tone. I did not use ANY skincare products for a few years and washed my face with water, but recently I wanted to have a routine to make me feel pampered as well as prevent more sunspots from appearing as I age. I only realized earlier this month that my skin seems to have become very sensitive after I had a terrible reaction to a mixture of products - burning/redness/peeling for weeks + swelled up for a couple days. I used to try a lot of products as a self-conscious teenager and never had a reaction before this. Below are some reviews about products I have tried in the past month. 

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face: This sunscreen is decent but not a perfect one that I actually want to wear. This smells nice and does not have the usual sunscreen odor. It is a liquid, runny texture that I had trouble blending in. I feel this would be better for normal-combination skin as it sat in any dry patches I had. However, it did feel weightless on my face and I enjoyed that. My biggest complaint about this product is that it leaves a white cast on your face (many zinc oxide sunscreens do) and even after it absorbed and the white cast faded a bit it did not completely go away. Using a wet beautyblender to apply, it looked a bit better and more even, but still left the impression that I was wearing a badly matched foundation. As sunscreen needs to be reapplied every 2 hours, using a beautyblender on the go is not convenient. This did not make my sensitive skin react so it will do until I find my perfect match. 

Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub - I REALLY did not like this. I expected it to be gentle after reading the many positive reviews on it, but after one use my skin was left feeling raw. My cheeks were red for days and I feel that it may have damaged the moisture-barrier in my skin, leading to increased sensitivity to the products that caused my bad reaction a few days later. 

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation - I liked this moisturizer and feel like it is a solid choice. It is very lightweight, absorbed quickly, and I did not feel like I had anything on my face. I don't consider it as heavy-duty as the other moisturizers in my review but I think it would be a much better option for normal-oily skin or perhaps as a summer moisturizer for me. I did not use it long enough to see results in dark spots/uneven skin tone. It was gentle on my sensitive skin. 

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter - I liked this moisturizer as well even though I did not like it at first. Initially I found this to be too heavy on my skin and I thought the scent was odd. However, after my skin freaked out and became even drier, I found this to be soothing, buttery, and gentle enough to use on my raw and flaky skin. This is a moisturizer that you can definitely feel on your skin after it's applied. I would recommend this for people with dry skin or as a night cream for people with normal skin. My only gripe with this is that it pilled very easily, even on a freshly clean face. I cannot see anyone with a multi-step skin regimen using this, or wearing this during the day if you plan to wear makeup on top. However, it made my skin feel more luminous and I liked it enough to buy the 100% Argan Oil original + light mini duo to use at night. 

Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream - I loved this product, probably my favorite of the ones I tried. I don't have any wrinkles yet so I can't say anything about that, but it made me look more refreshed. The main reason I enjoy using this so much is because it feels very rich, luxurious, and hydrating. It is extremely thick and my eye area feels smooth and plump for hours after I apply. I have dark under-eye circles and I don't think this lightened them much or at all but I did not expect it to. The price point is solid as it comes in a 25ml jar and eye creams usually come in 15 ml jars. A Sephora SA filled up a sample container for me, and I have been using it twice a day for 3 weeks and have only used about 1/4-1/3 of the sample. 

Belif Hungarian Water Essence - I really wanted to like this product but it was disappointing. I loved it initially as it is cool, refreshing, and light. It felt good on my skin and seemed to add a ton of moisture under Belif's Moisturizing Bomb that I layered on top. However, a couple days after I started using this product, I had a major breakout that I believe was caused by this. I have literally NEVER had acne before, even while I was going through puberty. I have never had more than 1-3 pimples at the same time, and now I have at least 20-30 covering my nose, above my lip, and around my chin. It is a shame because I really liked this product at first and I would still recommend trying it to see how your skin reacts as it seems from the reviews that my breakout is not a common occurrence. 

Belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb - This was the best of the moisturizers I tried and I bought the value set that contains the full size moisturizer after I finished my sample container. I expected it to be a thick cream but it actually feels lighter than Josie Maran's face butter while providing intense hydration to my skin. It was gentle enough for me to use while my skin was raw and peeling. I did not find it to be that different in texture from the Belif Aqua Bomb even though it is supposed to be for drier skin than the aqua bomb. The only setback that I am worried about was the breakout that occurred when I was using this + Hungarian Essence, but I think it's more likely that was caused by the essence as I was using this for a week with no issues before adding in the essence and experiencing acne. 

Belif Peat Miracle Revital Cream - This is the face moisturizer to go with the eye cream. I did not use this on my face but I swabbed it in store and was very impressed. This is what I imagined the moisturizing bomb would feel like before I tried that - thick, dense, and luxurious, just like the Peat Eye Cream. I loved the texture and think it would be perfect for winter or as a night cream. It is even more moisturizing than the moisturizing bomb. However I did not buy this as it is very pricey ($58 for 1.7 oz) and the moisturizing bomb works great already. I think this takes longer to absorb and would not be appropriate in the mornings if you plan to put makeup on top. I may pick this one up during the next 20% sale. 

Highlighted

I picked up Naked cosmetics loose pigment stack stack in Sierra Nevada from an ipsy offer. So far the pigments have been long wearing as eye shadows and I have not  had any issues with irritation. The jars can be a bit messy or I'm just not good at handling loose powders.

All shades except the black used

Using the two lightest shades over Tom Ford golden peach cream shadow as highlight. The lightest has a pretty lavender shift on skin. 

Yuni shower sheets- 

Really like these. Used one after a morning run to freshen up and felt good all day. At first it seemed like it was going to leave a residue but once it dried down it didn't. I will be buying a box of these for sure! The dislikes were it was barely big enough (or maybe saturated enough?)for full body and I'm a small gal, and also it was a little sensitive to the lady parts at first but that wasn't lasting and could be easily fixed by carrying a wipe or wash tailored to that area in particular if needed.

Things I've been trialing:

1. Adapalene (as in differin): I couldn't use any retinoid so far, tretinoin or retinol, but this works without irritation. Differin's pretty inexpensive too.

2. Dior Pump n volume mascara: I really like it. I'm quite picky in terms of mascara, this is at least on par my two other favorite mascaras, both from Chanel. This one might be even better. 

3. Kevin Aucoin sensual skin enhancer: mixing it with Dior dreamskin skin perfector (primer?) makes it a perfect concealer. It can def. be used as foundation if I add more dreamskin, but I tried that way only once since I don't feel like wearing foundation at all these days. BTW, Dior dreamskin's so perfect (my absolute favorite). 

4. Mario Badescu Aloe toner: really basic, but I love it for being gentle. Never ever burns my skin. 

5. Pixi: I've been using glow toner, mud mask, and hydrating mist and repurchased all of them. Never expected to love them, especially glycolic acid toner, since glycolic/lactic acid never worked on my skin before. Mud mask sometimes give me burning sensation, but I don't get any spots or visible reaction. 

6. One Love organics vitamin B cleansing oil: I've been only using Shu Uemura ultimate since forever, but I felt like trying something new. This was a sort of random choice, but I love it very much. Smell too good...somewhat like pineapple, and it is really really gentle& effective. Feels thick, but washes off well without leaving residual feeling (or any makeup residue). 

Crossposting the Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% from the Deciem thread, but also including thoughts on the Alpha H Vitamin B serum I'm trialing.

Azelaic Acid:

Spoiler

I've been trialing the Ordinary's Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for a while now and wanted to come post some thoughts.

The Ordinary states it's for brightening and improving skin texture. I've used this about 4 or 5 times, and am still working my way up to seeing whether I want to use it nightly or continue more sporadically.

The product is a gel-ish cream, not too thick but feels plush.  When you apply it to the face it has that sort of silicone slip, but also a bit powdery.  It absorbs really quickly, and makes my skin look very matte.  Each of the times I've used it, when I wake up the next day my skin does look a little bit brighter, but the bigger thing I noticed is that any redness I might've had from active breakouts was significantly diminished.  After using it a few times, I've also noticed the problematic 'orange peel' pores that my prescription retinoid left me are getting a little less prominent.

Overall I'd say so far I'm pleased, and I'm definitely going to continue using it.

Alpha-H Vitamin B serum:

I've been using this since I finished my Ordinary Niacinamide Zinc serum a few weeks ago.  The main ingredients are niacinamide, copper peptides, chia and ferulic acid.  

Because of the copper (and the INCI tells me a bit of blue dye) the serum is a pale but clear aqua blue.  It's a bit thinner than the Ordinary's niacinamide serum, but has a tackier finish on the face.  I always follow it with an oil or moisturizer so that doesn't bother me, but it's worth noting.  It also has a bizarre mesquite-y/rosewood type of scent to it, but it doesn't linger for long.  

So far I've noticed it has helped with plumpness in my skin.  I haven't seen much in respect to correcting uneven skintone but I don't have much uneven tone to correct.  I feel like my skin is a bit more hydrated/comfortable throughout the day than usual.

I'll be sure to follow up some more after I've used it for a longer period of time.

when that CLINIQUE moisture surge supercharged concentrate was a 100pt perk, i stocked up to check it out. i'm really loving it. i LOVE me a good hydration serum, and this one definitely works. i'm finding i particularly love it for day time. works really well with makeup (my inner cheeks can sometimes fall victim to the dehydration puddles of dread--where your foundation sinks into your pores) and this keeps that at bay. obviously i still apply moisturizer on top.

would totally recommend.

I've just debuted a few new products for trial. I'm always switching things up. I get bored even when I really like something.

-Perricone Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser........ I like how calm my skin looks after using this but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the "gentle" feel.  Clearly I was over stripping my face before but darn it- I LIKE the way I feel when I'm scrubbed shiny clean

-Perricone Hypoallergenic Nourishing Moisturizer......... My face has been too dry since the weather turned cold so I needed a heavier moisturizer. I confess that I bought this because the SA rubbed it on the back of my hands and they felt divine afterward. I think maybe it did more for my hands then it's doing for my face. Used at night, I still wake up feeling dry and tight. Used during the day... it's not playing well with my foundation. Can you say "slip and slide"?

-Lea Journo Revive French Plum Oil...... My stylist has been on an extended vacation and I really need a trim but I don't trust anyone else with my hair. I bought this oil to try to put some life back into my dry tangle prone ends. I've never had any luck with oils (for hair or skin) but so far I am really liking this stuff.

I've been using all three of these products for less than a week. I tend to jump to conclusions about products waaaay too quickly. I like the idea of this thread and taking our time to fully adjust to a product before making assumptions about it's performance.

Update: I've ditched the two Perricone products. The cleanser was really hard to rinse off and it felt like it was leaving a strange coating on my skin. The moisturizer wasn't enough for nighttime yet it was too much for day. Temporarily going back to my Clinique 3-step products because I still have them on hand. Planning to order a cleanser and moisturizer from Nude to try next. I don't see a toner in the Nude line though so I may try the Fresh Black Tea one.

I finally got around to trying my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Meh. It's nowhere near as good as my Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara. My favorite mascara hands down. I'll try Better Than Sex a few more times (it was a free sample), but I am unimpressed.

http://www.sephora.com/sumptuous-extreme-lash-multiplying-volume-mascara-P379945?keyword=ESTEE%20LAU...

I just can't stand the brush on that TF mascara, I can't make it work for me! The formula is okay so I will finish my sample. I'm kinda going through my new mascara samples I got with some points since I gave away my others to my sisters and mom. I also bought two Guerlain maxi lash and one Armani eyes to kill during the Nordstrom buy two get one free. I've used Guerlain and like it a lot but I have yet to try Armani, don't want to open all these mascaras since they have a short shelf life.

Right now, I'm trying to find a new base makeup product so I've been playing around with the following:

1.)  Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint (newest packaging) -- I absolutely loved this product when it was packaged in the awful pump bottle, and I love that Hourglass finally got rid of it in favor of the squeeze tube...but I also suspect that it might have been reformulated as well?  What I loved about this product is the mousse-like texture and above all, how it made my face look lit from within, almost as if a subtle highlighter was infused in a tinted moisturizer.  The newest version feels a bit heavier and thicker in texture, and the finish looks much more matte -- I'm not getting any hint of glow at all.  I asked two different SAs at my local Sephora and received two very different answers regarding the formula.  Are there any BTers who have used both the old and new versions, and can weigh in?  

2.)  Armani Luminessence CC Cream -- This product is on a serious mission to replace the Hourglass Skin Tint, Diorskin Nude BB Cream, and Diorsnow BB Cream as my base makeup of choice.  The texture is incredibly light -- even lighter than the Diorskin Nude BB -- and feels very breathable on the skin.  I love that it gives a very subtle and natural-looking glow to the face, and it doesn't accentuate the pores at all.  The only thing that's holding me back from purchasing the full size is how sheer and uneven it looks when it's initially applied; sometimes I forget to let it settle out on my skin and I end up applying a bit more than I probably need.

I'm intrigued by the Armani CC Cream; as I love this brand's foundations so much, but prefer to wear CC creams, this could be the perfect option; however I'm concerned it may not have as much coverage as I like for this time of year, so I'm thinking of trying it out in the Spring - if the Spring ever comes ... toomuchwinteralready#

I've been using the boscia Tsubaki cleansing oil-gel and the oil Tsubaki beauty oil as my moisturizer for a few weeks now. So far it's been wonderful and my skin is really soft with no side-effects. I'd like to add the Tsubaki exfoliating powder next. 

I used to to use a beauty oil by Juice Beauty but slowly every store I could buy it at dropped it and I'm always product-hopping anyway. But I'm glad I'm back on the beauty oil bandwagon.