Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Are you a NYX brand fan?

Just saw these palettes on Nordstrom's site - whoaswfupload_7667481455665274148.jpgswfupload_3761737012213877434.jpg

Re: Are you a NYX brand fan?

Lol, i have the bottom palette. I lucked out and got it for 10 bucks *cdn* and its huge lol.

Some of their products are hit and miss.

Some of their eye shadows are wonderful (my favorite is their matte black single, super pigmented, very smooth and easy to apply, not chalky at all) and they have some bronzer/blush dupes compared to Too Faced.

Some are alright, some are terrible IMHO. I don't know why Nordstrom carries the line, to me it's a drugstore line. Even Ulta has it in the drugstore section. I got their Nude palette soon after the first Naked palette & hated it. Only a few shades where pigmented, they where all chalky & after a few months they got the white dots on them. I take good care of my palettes & it was the first one that ever went bad on me before being 5 years old. 

I also didn't care for the shadow sticks. Some people like to use the white one as a primer, for me it made all my shadows crease & I don't have oily lids. 

I do like some of their blushes though 

Yea - I haven't liked enough of it to warrant a huge palette like these.  It is weird that Nordstrom carries it.

I'm a fan of some of their things. I feel like there are certainly some hits and some misses, but overall they're a good brand. My favorites are their lipliners, glosses, and their blushes Smiley Happy.

Whimsically yours,
Janine

The only NYX product I have owned was a lipstick. It was terrible. It feathered like crazy and just got everywhere. The color was only okay and it wouldn't stay still. I haven't even thought about buying anything else from NYX after that disaster.

I do need to add though, that the eyeshadow on that huge palette are not very pigmented, tried doing a look with one of the purple eyeshadows a couple days ago and i had try to go over my eye lids repeatedly to try and get the colour payoff that i was looking for. It's a fun palette unless you're actually trying to achieve something with it Smiley Sad

I agree, some of the products they do well. The lipstick (some shades) are awesome and the lip liners are nice. The shadows sometimes lack pigment and feel a bit dry. I think it all depends on the shade too.

<3 Melissa

I haven't tried their eye products, but am a HUGE fan of their HD Concealer! Just as good if not better than the elite brands I used to use, for a tiny fraction of the price Smiley Happy

I found out about NYX after watching Olivi ause it on Jerseylicious.  I went to Ulta bc they carry it.  I have a few things they sell but I generally dont buy cheap shadows anymore, but the eyeliners are good as my seconds in my purse, and I have a few glosses and a cream blush.  Its ok, not expensive so you dont feel like its a total loss...but Im sure the other drugstore brands like Loreal are better...at least to me.  Ult almost always has it BOGO half off.

I like their blushes. I also think their concealer and eye primer are pretty good.  They are also cruelty free.  The shadows are not my favorite.

I love their white shadow base that comes in a pot.  Their HD concealer wands are great.  Their shadows are pretty decent.  My favorite shadow by them is 002 White ha.  Those are my favorite products from them.  I didn't care for their little pearl pigments.  They are super in cute in the little bottle but they have no pigmentation at all.  I do love NYX pricing!!

I love the Nyx eyebrow powder palette.  I'm a redhead and they have a auburn eyebrow palette that is perfect for my brows!  This is one product I will never be without.

I also really like their glam aqua luxe lipstick, chubby eye pencils and concealer.

I love their round lipsticks and their blushes but don't really like the eyeshadow pencils. I haven't tried any other products in their line but my overall experience with them is positive.

For those of you who do like NYX, Hautelook has a bunch of little sets of NYX products today.

Speaking of NYX, I just found a display at a Target in my area; they had never carried it before. I don't know if they are expanding their retail locations or what.

I jk now that NYX products have just recently started being sold at Target. It's probably just so that their products are being distributed  at a larger retailer, but for me, I don't have an Ulta in my area so this is the first time that I have been able to use NYX products

*not jk, I meant know (stupid autocorrect tablet)

I also found one in my store, which replaced Milani. & I am okay with that!

Nyx has some really great products in their lineup, but Nordstrom's? That's a weird pairing. Around here Nyx is carried by Rite Aid, so I don't know why a high-end retailer would decide to stock it. 

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • swfupload_7667481455665274148.jpg
  • swfupload_3761737012213877434.jpg