Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Allure Best of Beauty Winners

Has anyone seen the list of Allure Best of Beauty Winners?

Do you have any of these products?  What's your take on the ones you've tried?  Thumbs up or Down?

Thumbs Up:

-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow - I have it in Flatter Me!  These are great, and they make a great eyeshadow base for practically any shadow.  I like to use them under dull shadow colors (Tarte, Too Faced) (they are dull on me because I have olive skin).  I heard some of the darker colors make great smokey eyes!

-NARS eyeshadow- smooth, silky, beautiful finish.  Expensive, but worth to have a few in your stash.

In the middle:

Lancome Osicillation Foundation- ok, provides low-medium coverage.  The osicallation is better in theory than reality.  Feel a little skeevied about not being able to clean the applicator.

Thumbs Down:

-Tarte lip stain- moisturizing but it's NOT A STAIN- just a balm really for $24 😞

-Rene Furterer Natura Dry Shampoo - doesn't quite sop up oil and doesn't last

Tags:

Re: Allure Best of Beauty Winners

There are a lot of good choices picked by Allure, but one of my favorites that is inexpensive and works great for oily skin is the Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub.  It is oil-free and it has micro-beads to exfoliate the skin.  It also helps control oiliness.  That's just one of many great products, but I wanted to share how great this product is.

Have a great day . . . Smiley Happy

Yes like these too.....

Maybelline Volum Express mascara

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (had a boyfriend that was addicted to it too!)

Garnier Fructis Shampoo, Conditioners

Pro Active Skincare

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant

Iman Second to None Foundation

Guerlain Terracotta

Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash

Johnsons Body Lotions

Secret Deodorant

Essie and OPI polishes

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit - I have it in "RSVP" and I love both the colour and texture of it!

Laura Mercier Metallic Crème Eye Colour in Alloy - Just tried this on in Sephora the other day and it had amazing feel and wear.  Definitely going back for it!

Nars Single Eyeshadow in Daphne - I have a few Nars shadows but I pick them in outrageous colours and don't get a lot of wear out of them on a daily basis despite their amazingness!

Giorgio Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Mascara
- I was all set to test this out until I fell in love with YSL instead.

Maybelline New York EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Don't know why it's on the list when it smudged all over my lower eye after a few hours!!!

L'Oréal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude
- I have one in a different colour.  I love L'Oreal and while the colour certainly is rich, the texture is a little drying on my lips (but I have uber dry lips and usually need to wear a balm or gloss).

Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Sugar Rosé and Sugar Plum
- I have the Plum Tint of this and think it's amazing in terms of colour, texture and scent as well as the packaging.  The most beautiful lip balm ever.

L'Oréal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base - I have a few samples of this and think that it's amazing!  I'm going to get the full jar as soon as I'm finished with the stupid Smashbox primer which I despise.

Medium Coverage - Giorgio Armani Beauty Lasting Silk Foundation - Believe it or not, I actually DON'T like this foundation.  Every industry pro lauds it as The Best Foundation ever, but it must be my oily skin that oxidizes the product and takes away colour and luminosity.  Such a shame, I wanted to love it!

Oil-Free - L'Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup - Now this, I love.  The price is also amazing for the quality you get from this little bottle.  This was my first real foundation and I continue to love it until today.

Mineral - Bare Escentuals i.d. BareMinerals Matte Foundation - I thought it was okay but don't like the messiness of loose powder.  I also didn't think it was super amazing like some other people, either.  But I tried it when it first came out, before they came out with the matte formula, so I'm reconsidering a comeback to BE.

Pressed - L'Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder - It's very fine for a drugstore powder, but I'm very picky about powder and while I love this brand's liquid foundation counterpart, there's something lacking about this powder.  It takes away shine but kind of seems to flatten the contours of the face and doesn't add luminosity.

Loose - Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Microfinish Powder - I really am picky about powder because I don't like this one very much, either!  I heard it was amazing and was so excited when a salesgirl at the MUFE counter threw in a small pot of it for free when I bought a foundation and concealer.  I honestly can't tell if there's a light-diffusing effect or not.  Personally I prefer the Cover FX Transluscent Loose Powder instead.

For Undereye Circles - Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Invisible Cover Concealer - I've never gone back to a concealer before but I purchased a second one of this over the summer.  It's the only one of the HD products from MUFE that I feel lives up to their promise.  It does a good job of covering acne scars as well.

For Oily Skin - Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash Pink Grapefruit - I tried it a few times and gave it to my sister who suffers from backne.  The smell is great and pumps up the shower atmosphere, but I didn't notice whether it had any affect on me or not since I don't have body acne.

Lightweight - Vaseline Aloe Fresh Protecting Body Lotion SPF 15 - I really love this, especially in the summer after a day out in the sun!

Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant/Deodorant - I picked it up to use as an antiperspirant (luckily I don't suffer from B.O.) and I think it's pretty great.  Definitely doesn't stop you from sweating if you've been exercising or suffer from major heat, but keeps the underarm dry in regular situations.

Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream - It's a great hand cream.  My co-worker swears that it's the only cream that doesn't give her allergic reactions.

Gillette Venus Embrace - I'm not picky about shavers.  They're all the same to me.

Gillette Satin Care With Aloe Vera Sensitive Shave Gel - Ditto the above.

Essie Nail Polish in Wicked - "Wicked" is perfectly named - I do feel kind of wicked when I have this on.  It's the perfect cool weather nail polish.

Normal Skin - Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser
- I think Aveeno is an excellent drugstore product and used this when I ran out of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple.  

Normal Skin - Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 - I would love this if my skin weren't so oily and needed something lighter.  

Oily Skin - Garnier Nutritioniste Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
- I just started using this last week and it's amazing!!!  I'm flabbergasted that I would love it so much.  It's only $6.99 in the drugstores yet it's perfect for my picky skin.  It's soothing, soaks easily into the skin, and doesn't feel like there's anything on my face.  Yet I feel smooth and perfectly moisturized in the morning.  LOVE IT.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Raisin - I have the Pomegranate Lip Balm and think that's pretty great.

Rimmel London Sexy Curves Mascara
- I really liked it but it's not long-wearing.  It ended up smearing all over my lower eyes during a summer dinner.

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Mochachino - I have this in a few different colours.  I thought the wider brush would be a plus but it's actually kind of a pain because it's too wide.  On top of it, it's fast-drying so I don't have as much time as I would like to correct the mistakes created by the larger brush.

Neutrogena Shampoo Anti-Residue Formula
- I bought a jumbo bottle of this from Costco and I'm NEVER going to finish it.  I like what it purports to do, and it certainly hasn't been damaging, but it smells so foul and medicinal that I can't stand to use it.  😞

Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel - It's not bad and seems to reduce swelling, but I've been wrestling with acne forever and it's not exactly a miracle worker, either.

Normal Hair - Garnier Fructis Daily Care Fortifying Shampoo and Cream Conditioner - I really like the Fructis line.  Smells great and keeps hair nice and clean and strong.

John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze Clear Shine - It's in my bathroom cabinet right now but I'm too lazy to try it... 🙂

Tresemmé FreshStart Waterless Foam Shampoo - I have the dry spray shampoo version and it didn't do too much to take away oiliness from the roots.  It did seem to absorb the smell, though, so it's not completely futile to try it.  I haven't gone for the foam one in case it messes up my wavy hair.

**bleep**, that's a long list.  But still so many things to try!

I don't get it, how did you gals get all the loot?  Was it your smart phones?   I was at my pc terminal at 12 noon EST and almost every hour there-after.  I have NOT RECEIVED A THING --needless to say I am very SAD :{  I thought I'd win at least one , two, or three things, NOTHING, NOTA, ZIP, BIG FAT ZERO.    AND NEEDLESS TO SAY DURING ALL THAT MONTH MY BODY HURT, FROM THE POSITIONS I KEPT CHANGING TO AND FROM, WHILE WAITING TO HIT THAT KEY STROKE.... SO ANY OF YOU GALS THAT WEREN'T IMPRESSED OR DIDN'T ESPECIALLY LIKE OR DID NOT FIT----I'D BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TAKE THEM OFF YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!  BY THE WAY,HOW DID THEY ARRIVE??  MAILPERSON,UPS, FEDX, LEFT IN THE DOOR? HELP ME OUT HERE, WHAT WAS THE SECRET ?????  THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY.......

I don't know about anyone else but I didn't win these products.  I bought and tested them over a long period of time myself.

@OfficeGal... thank you so much for taking the time to do this!! Very helpful!

You're welcome!  I had fun going through the list as well.  🙂

Oh this is fun! 

Thumbs Up:

-Benefit Creasless Cream Shadow/liner  (total staple for me!! looooove RSVP, Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans the most)

-Tarte Lipsurgence Matte (better staying power than the originals and still smell just as delicious! but the name stain is still a bit of a stretch and longlasting would be more fitting)

-Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Original(smells good, works great)

-YSL Parisienne perfume (I love it. I love it. I love it.)

-Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Eye Concentrate 

Middle/it was okay:

-Nars Single Eyeshadow (it just doesn't impress me. I feel like it should be silkier or smoother or something...it wasn't bad. it just wasn't wow like i thought it should be/would be)

-MUFE HD powder (It worked alright for me. I prefer my mineral veil)

Thumbs down:

-Bare Minerals Matte (It works great for my mom but I prefer the original on me--i totally recommend the matte to people regardless but for me this just felt chalky)

-Dr Brandt Pores no More vacuum system (mom loved it, i didn't so much)

Please keep in mind that stuff I thumb down may work GREAT for you and stuff I thumb up may be terrible for you. Just going with how they worked for me 🙂 

Some of my favorites from the list are:

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment (original) - So smooth, and the best SPF lip balm ever! So many SPF lip balms are absolutely disgusting, but you can't taste any sunscreen at all. Love it! 

Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow - I have this in RSVP and it's so gorgeous. I want to own every color!

MUFE HD Microfinish Powder - A great finishing powder. Smooth and leaves me oil free all day.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner - I love using this right after a shower. After washing the mask off, I use a double ended extractor to squeeze out blackheads. Amazing!

T3 Featherweight - I don't blow dry my hair very often, but I still own this. It works very well and I suggest it to all my friends!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing