Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Airplane skincare advise

I'll be taking an overnight flight and wanted to get some tips on skincare to prevent my skin from drying out and breaking out.  My beauty advisor at Sephora recommended the Ole Henrikson making removing cloths followed by the Murad Clarifying wipes to remove makeup, sunscreen, and clean my skin.  I purchased these two items.  Then I was thinking about what to follow it with.  I was thinking of the Nude Overnight Mask or the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Sleeping Mask.  Any opinions on the Nude mask vs the Amore Pacific Mask?  I've used the Nude mask (not on the plane), but never tried the Amore Pacific.  Also, do I need to use any other treatments or moisturizers before the mask?

Thanks!

http://www.sephora.com/nurture-me-tm-cleansing-cloths-makeup-removing-P385344?skuId=1597178

http://www.sephora.com/clarifying-wipes-for-blemish-prone-skin-P376081?skuId=1468271

http://www.sephora.com/moisture-bound-sleeping-recovery-mask-P296442?skuId=1583053

http://www.sephora.com/advanced-renewal-overnight-repair-mask-P385678

Re: Airplane skincare advise

i fly a lot and don't get on a plane without caudalie beauty elixir !!!!! small size is flyer friendly. 

I was going to say the same thing! I love the Caudalie beauty elixir! I used to take it to work (12 hours in a hospital) and use it when I needed a refresher, but then people caught on and was always wanting a spray or two and I was running out very fast so I stopped doing that.

Also, Drink lots of water. Stay hydrated from the inside as well. The altitude dries you out so quickly. 

The main thing is on a plane..drink water..stay hydrated, and good for the skin Smiley Happy Evian water works too.

http://www.sephora.com/mineral-water-spray-duo-to-go-P230538?icid2=Evian_Must_Haves%20_P230538_image

As for using 2 wipes, back to back, make sure your skin can handle that before going on a plane. I used a wipe, that I have used before, just one wipe and became irritated red.

Instead of a mask you need to apply, look into sheet masks, they can be reusable and not messy.

Thanks for the tip about the wipes - yikes!  I will try out the wipes tonight to make sure there is no reaction.  Do you recommend a different wipe that will remove sunscreen and light makeup as well as cleanse my skin so that I don't break out?

The Murad ones may be able to remove makeup as well..I've used but without makeup..test that also. philosophy purity made simple will remove makeup and these are a bit bigger in size than Murad's.

http://www.sephora.com/purity-made-simple-one-step-facial-cleansing-cloths-P374947?skuId=1446822

Under Sephora Collection they have a few different masks, the stock picture looks like a pod, but is a sheet mask, haven't used though but budget friendly. They are also marked NEW.

I tried both cloths today and it worked great!  The OH ones stung a bit, like a light burn but nothing serious.  The Murad ones were really nice and refreshing!!  My skin felt good afterwards, refreshed, no residue, and miraculously did not feel dry!  Normally after cleansing I feel like I need to tone and moisturize immediately after, but not so after doing this.   My question is, if I had a bit of a stinging sensation with the OH, will that be amplified on the plane?  Or I wonder if I could just use the Murad ones twice, once to remove makeup/sunscreen and once to cleanse.  The Purity wipes did not remove my makeup when I tried them in the past.  

The Amore Pacific Sleeping Mask seemed to work fine, absorbed well, no shine.  But there is a strong smell and no residue.  Generally at night and when it is dry I like a bit of a moisturized feel to my skin.  I am not sure if this means that I won't be properly moisturized...

I would use the OH ones a few times before you leave, just to be sure the stinging doesn't worsen. The skin could change a bit due to the dry atmosphere of the plane, so I would be sure products agree with you beforehand.

You may be able to use one side of a wipe to remove the day and the other to cleanse.

I haven't used the Amore mask, but if your skin still feels dry, after the mask, a spray like Evian, Mario Badescu rose water, or Caudalie exlir should help. Caudalie does make a moisture mask, more like a thick cream, but hydrates.

Will do!   The Amore mask was AMAZING!  Before I got into bed I applied a little more on my dry areas and then felt super moisturized.  This morning my skin was so smooth and plump and luscious.  It even looked clearer and more even!  Waahooo!  I think I might buy that one for regular use!   I actually found a really great Rosewater spray (by Reviva labs) with aloe and glycerin from the natural market.  It really hydrates my skin.  I'm going to decant that into a small bottle and take it on the plane and use it a few times throughout the flight thanks to everyone's advice!

I do mineral/thermal water as well. I actually can't stand the smell of Caudalie's Beauty Elixir. Also, since the other ones are essentially water, you also don't have to worry about interactions with other products, like wipes. (FYI If you do have one, though, the water can also be very soothing.)

You are not allowed to take anything that' compressed onto the plane.

Aerosol sprays that fit in your 3-1-1 bag are allowed, although a pump that is not compressed might well be easier for travel. 

Also, if you are traveling internationally, do check the regulations of the country you'll be returning from, as restrictions vary from country to country and can be very different.

This is true, I had aerosols in my TSA-approved bag when I went to Thailand.

I have taken aerosols onto a plane (in the 3-1-1 bag) with no problem. Maybe it depends on the airport or country? I know some places are more strict than others.

I would say don't forget something nice for your lips and eyes, and don't forget your neck, decollete and hands.  Plus, a hydrating mist would be a good thing, like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.

My own preference for an on-board mask is the When Travelmate Essence Mask.  I like it so much that I use it at home as well.

Sephora: When : Essence Mask - Travelmate : face-mask

Here's my on-board skincare survival kit:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Ask-The-Experts/In-flight-mini-facial-kit-any-other-suggestions/td-p...

Thanks for the tips and for linking your thread!  That is helpful!  I would like to do a sheet mask, but I don't have any (does Sephora sell sheet masks in store??) and I am not sure if I can manage it in coach. 

Yes - they sell these When masks, and they are sheet masks.  I would think ripping open a sachet and plonking a sheet mask on your face (that you can then throw in the trash) would be easier in coach than juggling a jar of something that you have to unscrew, apply, screw the lid back on and put back into your bag.  Unless you can get foils.  Single use is the key to making it easy and so that you don't have to move around much.

Oh hmm.  I searched online and they don't seem to carry the mask within 100 miles of me!  I transfer a little bit of product into the sephora sample containers and take those when I travel.  I'll see what I have in terms of foils, I have some eye creams and serums in foils, but there is so much product in there I can use it for a few days!  I would hate to waste it :-p

Good point with the foils. I can get multiple uses too, but I still tend to use them up when flying, either through being a bit more generous in my application to account for the dry environment, or by reapplying at intervals.  I find my skin just sucks everything up in a plane and benefits from a top-up.

Why not order the masks online, or see if they can send a pack to your local store?  Anyway, as someone else mentioned, Sephora has their own line of sheet masks that they would surely carry in a store near you.  They're not bad, but I do find the When masks to be superior.  Maybe because they're especially made with the travel environment in mind.

I agree with you on When masks, they are such a great product! They have been my saviors on long trips/flights! totally a must have! 

The convenience of them and no-mess serum/product that absorbs fast into the skin, leaving it smooth, moisturized and feeling fresh, is awesome on the go!

Caudelie beauty elixir is a must-have!  So refreshing and hydrating! Sephora brand has a lot of sheet masks, it would be great for travelling. I also bring Caudalie hand cream and lip balm with me. You should get this kit, I think they are all travel-essentials.

http://www.sephora.com/caudalie-favorites-kit-P385499?icid2=caudalie_lp_bestsellers_carousel_P385499...

31 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors