Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Affordable make up for darkskin without ash

Hey, i’ve been doing makeup for about two years, but my main problem is finding products for darker skin girls that dosen’t become ashy or give off like a casty look when I use the back camera flash, I’ve recently been diluting my products to make them a light coverage to remove the ash, but I still live for the full cover look and want to do them more often. Also affordable, I work a minimum wage job, I ain’t buying 150 dior😂. Any suggestions or feedback? Thanks queens and kings😘

Re: Affordable make up for darkskin without ash

I would try LYS Beauty Triple Fix Brightening Concealer DPN4  in the deep shades! Affordable but they blend out well. Also try Danessa Myricks Beauty Balm Contour Deep 3  any of the blurring balms there’s 6 colors but they can be used for a range of things or Juvias Place the bronzers there are good!! Good luck!! 

@AutumnmAkeup  I have the same issue but on the lacking melanin side and am always having to add white pigment to the fairest shades in most lines and either a pink or yellow pigment to neutralize shades. 

Milani conceal and perfect. They’re affordable and go nice and dark.  There’s quite a leap between the medium and dark shades however so depending on your exact skin shade you may need to do a little mixing.  

8AE5F654-5413-4866-8675-F7DE3A316E38.jpeg

Also, currently, if you’re feeling your foundation is ashy and too light and you don’t want it to go to waste, scrape a little matte brown or black eyeshadow powder into your foundation on the back of your hand and mix it in well with a makeup brush, to deepen it and see if that helps.   🙂   Mixing custom shades seems intimidating but is actually enjoyable once you’ve got your mixtures down.  

adding red or purple pigment can warm or cool your foundation as well 😉  

Fenty beauty and Rare beauty have a wide range of complexion shades 🙂 especially for dark skin. A good setting powder like wet and wild works wonders with flashback.

@AutumnmAkeup, have you looked into LYS?  They have a great shade range, (price point is on par with Rare Beauty).  Sephora Collection also expanded their shade range, and Ami Cole has launched here.  Ami has a powder that blurs into skin nicely, not sure if it has flashback.

Ami Colé Skin-Enhancing Tinted Moisturizer 

Ami Colé Skin Melt Talc-Free Loose Setting Powder 

LYS Beauty Triple Fix Serum Foundation 

LYS Beauty Triple Fix Brightening Concealer 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Liquid Foundation 68 N 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 8AE5F654-5413-4866-8675-F7DE3A316E38.jpeg
testing