Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential

Acne prone, oily combination skin, cleanser moisturizer toner

Hello everyone, I have fair skin with an oily combination skin type, but it is kinda dehydrated right now. I've been using Clinique great skin for oily combination 3 step skincare (number 3 for my skin type) for four days now. I have been breaking out more than I have in a while and my skin calmed down a lot this last year. Does anyone know any products that would be better for my skin, by the way I've tried oil cleansing with coconut and olive oil and that went downhill... so if anyone has any advice, please let me know! I want something that wont strip my face dry like the Sahara, but nothing that would leave residue or anything with alcohol or witch hazel in it. Usually I am very hesitant with oils too. This can include moisturizers and cleansers and toners too in the answers thank you. 

Re: Acne prone, oily combination skin, cleanser moisturizer toner

Hi @lovelyskin27

I've been working on balancing my oily/combo skin and really enjoyed the Kate Somerville Clarifying Treatment Toner to help feel "squeaky clean" after cleansing. I immediately follow up with the Sunday Riley U.F.O Oil (just a few drops) and moisturizer (currently loving Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation because it's lightweight). 

I know oils can be daunting, especially when we're trying to fight the oil, but trust me they work! I like the U.F.O. one because I get the benefits of salicylic without the over-drying feeling. In the morning, I mix 2-3 drops in with my moisturizer. At night, I apply 4-6 drops directly after toning, then top it off with the moisturizer. 

Hope this helps!

Bisous, 

Sian

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing