Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 & 2023 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Happy New Year gifs 2023 Animated Wallpapers, New Year 2023 Images Funny  Wishes HD | Funny wishes, Happy new year 2014, New year wishes quotes

Hello, hello! Welcome to Years 8and 9 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum  )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Curious about the past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Community Challenges (These Can Help You Use Your Stash):

Spoiler

Re: 2022 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

It's been 30 LONG days 🤦🤦🤦 honestly doesn't get easier but I keep telling myself,,, as I start to declutter....I need to use what I have.... I'm trying to hard to keep this mind set for a little longer 🤣

@lmaster go go go 💪👍💪💕

Thank you for the encouragement!!!! @Skunk12puzzola 🤗❤️

17 days and going strong!!! 🙌 

Way to go @lmaster! I am doing better but I have made a few purchases.

@faeriegirl we can do this!!! Stay strong 💗

@lmaster @You can do this 💪🏻

Thank you lovely!!! @SportyGirly125 it was hard to resist the Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' When the Rain Stops Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL as it just came back in stock 🙄🙄🙄 but I didn't buy it!! Yet!!!

@lmaster You can wait till they have a sale later in the year.  You can do this!!!!

@SportyGirly125 that's what I'm telling myself 🤞🤞🤞🤞

@lmaster You are doing so much better than me though.  I am trying really hard to use what I have or my points but I'm losing.

@SportyGirly125 awwwww,,, every day is a new start!! 

@lmaster yay!! 👍💪

@Skunk12puzzola 🥰 at least until August is my goal 🤞

Check-in here on my No-buy through June, which has continued to be a failure on the addition of fragrances to my No-buy. I was mistaken on my willpower against good smells.

That said, I have very successfully only purchased needed sunscreen and no more skincare! This is a big win for me and I aim to keep this no-buy on skincare and makeup through June.

I am happy and at peace with my fragrance purchases, mostly of samples and sample kits. And some candles. And a full size bottle. 

Hey y'all! Quick check in: I've been doing really well with not buying things, granted I've had some life things play a role in this but I'll take it as a win here. For the Spring sale I purchased two whole items, one of which was a perfume I received in gratis years ago and fell in love with. I've been impatiently waiting for Ulta to provide a 20% off prestige so I can replace some items that are on down to the last corner. 

Without a doubt,,, after mother's day, I'm LOW BUY until fall sale!! Who's with me 💕🤣😆

Love it @lmaster ! 

@ElleElleG success with numbers right 🙌🤣

I am definitely with you @lmaster !  I am doing better this year vs last year. So hopefully if I can slow it way down now, I will do even better🤞

@faeriegirl yes girl yes!!! 🙌🙌🙌 I seriously need to slow it down!! Only restocks until fall

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • 091287043a227ccbdb2ebdd983ef1b30.jpeg
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 5.15.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.38.26 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 11.38.34 AM.png
  • Haul.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.43 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.22 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.15.14 PM.png