Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Oh yeah I see @Skunk12puzzola that is def true. I’ll PM you. ☺️

700DCE6E-5875-493E-8EB8-B0D3A4027D4F.png

@SportyGirly125  I bet the Lychee smells sooooo good.

Finally.. No shade names though, not in the product description 🤔

@WinglessOne , could it be too good to be true?

Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Palette Volume III 

Screenshot_20220216-131323~2.png

@danielledanielle  I'm kinda surprised it took Sephora this long to get this palette. Hourglass released this last fall. Back then, I searched for swatches and found a video demo/review by someone who was shocked that the first AL (non-strobe) powder in the palette has a shimmer/sheen effect. She kept going on and on about how it accentuated her pores. 🤦‍♀️ [Insert rant here about beauty influencers being super negative about visible pores (not just their own but also their viewers’ pores), which are a natural feature of human skin.] Anyway, I also saw someone else’s video that was better and included some comparison swatches of other brands’ finishing powders. There weren’t many reviews or swatches online at the time, possibly because so many brown skinned folks were beyond fed up with Hourglass. 

All 3 shades in this palette are new and one is a strobe. I don’t have this palette so I don’t know the shade names offhand, but I bet Google does… checking… Eternal Light, Transcendant Light, and Prismatic Strobe Light. Also, I do see a few more videos online now, if youre curious about swatches and demos. 

This is something Id want to swatch in person, but I say that about nearly all Hourglass AL powders and blushes. I definitely think anyone with a skin tone deeper than mine should try to see the palette in person. But judging by the couple of videos Ive watched, I can see this palette working nicely on a broad range of deep skin tones. It might still be too light for very deep rich skin tones (though I can see 2 of the shades still working as highlighters), and it might be too deep for the "medium deep" skin tone range... heh, I can't believe I'm saying that about an Hourglass AL palette. 🤣 But seriously, the middle shade would probably be a bronzer on me. I've been waiting for Sephora or Ulta to get this palette in-store so I can swatch it, but I've been in no rush about it. I'm just curious to see how it looks on my skin tone. 

Oh wow, did not realize this was last fall.  (Wonder if I just ignored the email 🤔🤷🏽‍♀️).  I am curious too, but I find that LM candlelight serves a similar niché.  I just was surprise to see it, and I always think of your pithy remark "hourglass level of deception," 😂 so I hope you don't mind the tag @WinglessOne 

@danielledanielle  No worries! I wonder if Hourglass will ever live down their AL Palette II lie. 😂 

@CookieGirl1 Interesting!  Ever since Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector I've noticed more hair bonding products.  IGK Antisocial Overnight Bond-Building Dry Hair Mask and Redken's line, and Bumble and bumble The Bond-Building Repair Trio . 

@greeneyedgirl107 @CookieGirl1 

👎🏻Sorry guys. Quick glance at the ingredients and no, The Ordinary product isn’t a bond multiplier. 
This is a slippery slope companies play. There is factually only one ingredient that is a bond multiplier. This ingredient is patented to Olaplex for the next 20-something years. If you owned a hair care business would you not want to jump on that train? Of course, $ makes the world go round. We have different bonds in our hair, not to make this boring - the salt bonds are broken when we blow dry our hair (we make it straight for instance) and rebuilt when we get our hair wet with water hence why our hair goes back to its natural state when wet. So yeah, @greeneyedgirl107 could put some water in a bottle, add some oils and conditioners and sell it as a bond builder cause technically it is - it’s just not repairing the bonds that actually matter. It’s only repairing the salt bonds, which water alone can do. Hope this makes sense. 

**Edit to add that it doesn’t mean these products won’t make your hair feel nice, they will, the ordinary one has a nice array of emollients in there. 

@GG84 Wow! Very useful information!

@GG84 I honestly really appreciate the feedback; you're my go-to for hair info and hey--you saved me $.  Thank you 🙂

@GG84 Thanks so much for weighing in!  We can always count on you!

SillySorrowfulBergerpicard-size_restricted (1).gif

@greeneyedgirl107 the price is right so it might be worth a shot!

@CookieGirl1 I wonder what @GG84 has to say about the product!  🙂

Hyper Skin has a new product.  It's a mask!   It's 48 USD for 50 mL.  

Screenshot_20220215-170246~2.png

"Give your skin a much-needed radiance boost. Brilliant AHA-duo, glycolic acid and mandelic acid, clean congested pores and brighten dull skin while niacinamide and bearberry work to fade stubborn dark spots.The one-two punch of salicylic acid and sea buckthorn stop looming breakouts in their tracks. Finally, clear, radiant skin is within reach!"

I'm waiting for more reviews (and for it to come to Sephora).

Sounds promising!  @danielledanielle Thanks for posting this. Hope it is mild-yet-wow! and that Sample-satchets will be available.

Mask now available @MvLL 

Screenshot_20220301-174045.png

These look beautiful. Love his blush, so silky and natural. 

177F24E3-8811-4417-88CB-337843BFB39C.jpeg

I will be a clown after all these blusher releases @Sunnysmom 🌹❤️🤣😂

2,114 Replies
testing