Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Wishing You Lip Care Set 

Screenshot 2022-10-05 060533.jpg

What a darling gift this would make @CookieGirl1 ! 

@Sunnysmom so cute!  I feel like SC really stepped it up this year.

I love it!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Gingerbread Lip Sleeping Mask 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Gingerbread Face Mask 1 mask / 1 mask 

Screenshot 2022-10-05 060145.jpg

I wondered about these @CookieGirl1! The holiday face masks have been hit and miss through the years, but they always pique my curiosity. I sorta wish that the face mask is patterned like the face of a gingerbread person, but from the illustration on the face of the packet, it doesn't look like that is the case. May have to pick one up to research this more fully.

@itsfi I haven't placed my F&F order yet but that lippie is absolutely going to be in my cart at checkout.

@CookieGirl1, in my mind, the lip mask smells ahhhhmaaaazing! 😍 I will await your feedback on it, but I really hope it smells as good as I envision it in my mind! 

@itsfi I just got the lip mask today.  Uhhh...don't buy it.  I mean, maybe you'd like it but this (in my opinion) was absolutely revolting! 😂  Since I haven't tried the other Sephora Collection lip masks I can't compare this one to any of their others but the texture wasn't at all what I expected; it's very thin and oily but not in a good, nourishing kind of way.  It's oily in the sense that it feels slippery on the lips without actually being hydrating and it doesn't absorb at all so it ends up feeling quite messy.  The kicker is the scent/flavor, though.  Keep in mind that I LOVE the smell and taste of gingerbread but this is 🤢.  It took a moment because at first there really didn't seem to be any scent once I immediately applied it but suddenly it hits in a wave of chemical spiciness but the worst is that there's an AWFUL aftertaste that goes with it and it kind of hangs around.  

Am I being dramatic?  Maybe?  I tried it a few times today in an attempt to give it a fair shot but I'll be honest--it's now in the trash because there's absolutely no way that it has any place in my collection.  

@CookieGirl1, 😳😳😳😳😳

Ohhh, we’ll first of all, I am sooo sorry you had that experience. “Chemical spiciness”? That’s not good. I get that gingerbread has a certain spice scent to it but chemical spiciness just sounds wrooong!!

itsfi_1-1665636709185.jpeg

Reading your feedback, it’s worse than I feared. I’ve tried the strawberry lip mask. It was … fine. Not bad but not great either. I didn’t mind it but there were / are far better ones out there. I did not pick up the other one in the line, vanilla I think it is. 

I was initially going to ask if you thought shaking it a little before dispensing it might help but as I kept reading about your experience with it, the more I thought “this sounds like it’s gone past the point of trying to salvage or repurpose it. 😬 It does not sound like a lip product worth keeping round. You don’t want to return it or exchange it for something else?

@itsfi Initially I also wondered if it was just the first little bit that would be oily but I actually purposely tried just "wasting" a little of it by squeezing more out, thinking that perhaps that would solve the issue and it didn't.  I think it just has that odd consistency throughout.  As for returning it, since I got it at 20% off it was only $4 and I decided that I felt kind of silly returning it since it was so inexpensive to begin with.  

@itsfi you and me both! 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holy Sheet 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Wishing You Mask Wishes 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Mango Hand Mask 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Mango Holiday Hand Mask 

Screenshot 2022-10-05 055856.jpg

Looking at the Sephora brand make-up etc and realized that I don't think I have ever tried their brand of anything??? Maybe a sheet mask once. Silly question but do you think they make good make-up? 

@Kalasmom3  Before buying any Sephora brand makeup, try to see the shades in person (in-store, if you have a local Sephora or Kohl’s) or look online for people's swatch photos/videos. Don't trust the product photos on Sephora's product pages. Some of them are very inaccurate due to photo lighting or incorrect shade descriptions. 

Products I've enjoyed (good to great coverage, pigmentation, and performance): 

Spoiler

Hit or miss: 

Spoiler

• SEPHORA COLLECTION Sephora Colorful® Waterproof Eyeshadow & Eyeliner Multi-Stick - the ones I bought a few years ago are good, but I recently swatched a couple of the current ones in-store and the formula's not as creamy smooth anymore (one was surprisingly crumbly); I recommend swatching in person 
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Multi-Use Face Powders - I have the version from 2020 and don't know if the current one contains the same 3 shades (kinda looks like it does), since Sephora says nothing about that on the product page 🙄; mine is decent enough, but I can't confidently comment on the current version 

Hard pass: SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick - many people love these, so take that into consideration; each shade I've tried over the years has been too drying for my lips, even with balm (Aquaphor) + lip primer (MAC Prep + Prime Lip) underneath 🤷‍♀️ 

Your results with all those products may vary, of course. I'll try Sephora's Best Skin Ever concealer soon; can't comment on that one til I've tested it. 

Thx so much for your reply. I appreciate the references as well. I'll definitely look in store. Unfortunately it seems to be like Ulta, their photos are absolutely horrible! 

@Kalasmom3 @From what I tried I found it just to be okay. 

Thank you. That's kind of what I imagine but wanted to get opinions. I like to be "wowed" by cosmetics and I just don't get that vibe.

@Kalasmom3 I think their makeup is decent for the price. I have liked their lipsticks and mascaras. Their single eye shadows are pretty nice, but the holiday and special palettes can be hit or miss. I would put them in the same quality category as Too Faced.

Ok I see what you're saying. I've had a few Too faced products and yes, very hit or miss. Mostly miss. Thank you 

The Chantecaille holiday that I believe @SportyGirly125 mentioned popped up for pre-order on NM. Highlighter, blush, blur powder and lip. 

79B61FA6-705D-4184-BDAD-8D026FED9178.jpeg

@Sunnysmom ,

This Chantecaille release looks so lovely!

1 Reply
testing