Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

@itsfi Initially I also wondered if it was just the first little bit that would be oily but I actually purposely tried just "wasting" a little of it by squeezing more out, thinking that perhaps that would solve the issue and it didn't.  I think it just has that odd consistency throughout.  As for returning it, since I got it at 20% off it was only $4 and I decided that I felt kind of silly returning it since it was so inexpensive to begin with.  

@itsfi you and me both! 

Looking at the Sephora brand make-up etc and realized that I don't think I have ever tried their brand of anything??? Maybe a sheet mask once. Silly question but do you think they make good make-up? 

@Kalasmom3  Before buying any Sephora brand makeup, try to see the shades in person (in-store, if you have a local Sephora or Kohl’s) or look online for people's swatch photos/videos. Don't trust the product photos on Sephora's product pages. Some of them are very inaccurate due to photo lighting or incorrect shade descriptions. 

Products I've enjoyed (good to great coverage, pigmentation, and performance): 

Spoiler

Hit or miss: 

Spoiler

Hard pass: SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick - many people love these, so take that into consideration; each shade I've tried over the years has been too drying for my lips, even with balm (Aquaphor) + lip primer (MAC Prep + Prime Lip) underneath 🤷‍♀️ 

Your results with all those products may vary, of course. I'll try Sephora's Best Skin Ever concealer soon; can't comment on that one til I've tested it. 

Thx so much for your reply. I appreciate the references as well. I'll definitely look in store. Unfortunately it seems to be like Ulta, their photos are absolutely horrible! 

@Kalasmom3 @From what I tried I found it just to be okay. 

Thank you. That's kind of what I imagine but wanted to get opinions. I like to be "wowed" by cosmetics and I just don't get that vibe.

@Kalasmom3 I think their makeup is decent for the price. I have liked their lipsticks and mascaras. Their single eye shadows are pretty nice, but the holiday and special palettes can be hit or miss. I would put them in the same quality category as Too Faced.

Ok I see what you're saying. I've had a few Too faced products and yes, very hit or miss. Mostly miss. Thank you 

The Chantecaille holiday that I believe @SportyGirly125 mentioned popped up for pre-order on NM. Highlighter, blush, blur powder and lip. 

79B61FA6-705D-4184-BDAD-8D026FED9178.jpeg

@Sunnysmom ,

This Chantecaille release looks so lovely!

A different take on holiday with the mint right @tsavorite ? Feels like easing into cruise/spring?! Yikes, time flies!

@Sunnysmom ,

True! The mint green says Spring!

L

@Nahnom both are such a good deal!

@Nahnom, both of these look so good and would make excellent gifts, as a set or taken apart and put into homemade sets. I have my eye on the lip oil set and will keep be keeping my eye on the site.

@Nahnom  Welp, guess I'll add the blush mini set to my list of potential Sephora holiday event buys. 😄 I just watched the Instagram cheek swatch video and Unforgettable looks more pink coral than peach or orange-leaning coral. I'd prefer the latter but I'm already swimming in peach/orange blushes. Grateful looks like a good cool-toned pink. And I don't already have Empower. 

I can't speak for all Lys's coral blushes, but I do have Inspire and it reads very terracotta on my skin tone. I'm all about a good terracotta blush, so I love it. Next time I'm at a Sephora, I'll have to swatch the other corals for comparison. 

@WinglessOne Yeah from their instagram, Unforgettable looks more like a punch/coral pink than a coral peach. The Sephora store I started going to a few months ago has almost the whole line of LYS products (they have the biggest selection of products and brands out of all the Canadian Sephoras I went to).

I swatched the two corals ( LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Inspire # LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Classy # from looking at the LYS blushes) and I found that "inspire" was a little darker version of "classy". Very pretty blushes though I'm not sure if I will buy them since I'm struggling to finish a 6g blush 😅

@Nahnom  Ah, Classy didn't exist back when I bought my 2 blush shades. I'll swatch that one beside Inspire in-store, now that I'm curious to see how close they'll look on my skin tone. The other shade I have is Passion, which I love—but I reach for Inspire more often. 

Both blush shades perform very well for me. They're not dry and stiff (like Westman Atelier's blush stick; well, mine anyway), but also not emollient enough to slide right off my face (like the original version of EM Cosmetics's Color Drops; I haven't tried the newly reformulated version). They're easy to blend with fingers or a brush. Passion's easy to overdo if I'm not light handed. Inspire's a bit more forgiving, though that may have to do with how that shade melds with my skin tone(s). Both shades last for hours, even in hot humid weather and partially under a KN95. I mean, not to enable you... I should stop acquiring more blush myself until I pan at least a couple of compacts or palettes. But I'm a sucker for mini sizes I can easily travel with, so that mini blush set will likely end up in my home. 

OMG, those Lip oils!😍 Hi @Nahnom  ! Do you already have a 20% off F+F ? As a Community Ambassador, I have a limited amount of codes to give out. @ me if you're interested, thanks! ❤️

7 Replies
testing