Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

@itsfi I will definitely check out this sampler, I hope it comes to Canada!

@pocketvenus, fingers crossed they launch in Canada as well. 🤞🤞

@itsfi A girl can hope! I wish they would Heretic over the border too!

@pocketvenus, ohhh Heretic! I’ve only tried a couple of scents from the brand. I’m There are a few of their fragrances in the Sephora and other beauty stores near me, but it’s a limited selection and I’m usually wearing something else when I’m in the store. I have a backlog of fragrances in my bin that I’ve been meaning to get to but Heretic will be one of those brand I want to do a deeper dive into when I get work through what I have. 

@itsfi I tried one sample from them that's quite good called Dirty Ginger and I highly recommend this one. The others I tried in very humid summer air. They died almost immediately and I don't think I experienced them at their best so I'd like to give them another pass.

@pocketvenus, I really like ginger scents and looked up the notes on Dirty Ginger and it sounds wonderful. 😍 

Thank you for sharing about your experience with trying fragrances in the humid summer - it made me think of a couple of occasions when I've tested other scents, from Heretic as well as other houses, and they fell flat quickly, much to my surprise. That would explain those instances. Will have to try those again another time.

@itsfi Yes, the heat and humidity can just kill a scent, particularly when we are talking about any product that does not use synthetics. I definitely recommend trying products with a lot of naturals in a climate controlled area 🙂

@itsfi @I haven’t heard of that brand before ! 

@Kim888, they’re a Los Angeles based company, started out with candles. I picked up a fragrance sample set from the company early last year and have since picked up a few other scents, candles, etc from them. Their sampler set helped to kick start my interests in fragrance discovery sets and @pocketvenus was so kind and engaging when I was testing out the different scents and trying to describe how they smelled - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Monumental-March-Hauls-2021/m-p/5801487/highlight/true#M...

I first learned about the brand from pocketvenus, in the Fragrance thread; I’ll try to find and link to that post. If I’m recalling correctly, I think @WinglessOne also picked up the sampler set; will try to find and include a link to her post too. 

In the set I picked up, they included a code to have the cost of the set credited to the purchase of a full size (if the purchase was made within a certain period of time). Wondering whether that will be part of the set here. If you try out any of the scents, would love to know your thoughts. 

@itsfi @Kim888  I have several of their candles but only one fragrance, a full size of Violet Ends I bought when it was first released last year (when Boy Smells kicked off their not-candles fragrance line). Looking at their Sephora offerings, I'm half surprised Violet Ends isn't among them. And the sampler set Sephora will carry is different from the one Boy Smells will sell at their own site: that one contains Tantrum, the fragrance I had in my Nordstrom cart with VE before deciding which one to buy. Not that Sephora's set isn't a good one... in fact, I might pick that one up. 

Oooh I love the smell of violet @WinglessOne so that’s  too bad ! Thanks for your thoughts !! 

@Kim888  Violet Ends is more leather, tobacco, smoke, iris, rhubarb, moss, and black pepper than violet—though that note's in there, just subtler (on me, anyway) than the others. Bergamot too, but it's not overpowering. It's a very warm and comfy fragrance, if you like leathery scents. I wish Boy Smells would sell a travel size of it. 

@itsfi @Thank you for the review and info!!!! I love fancy candles so I definitely will have to check that out !! 

@Kim888, sometimes, I wish I didn’t love fancy candles. 💸 😂 The weather will keep me from purchasing any candles for a few months; well, online purchases at least. 😝 

New brand at Sephora: Kulfi

Screenshot 2022-08-15 050844.jpg

New Urban Decay x The Hulk palettes:

Screenshot 2022-08-15 050524.jpgScreenshot 2022-08-15 050536.jpg

New brand at Sephora: Bon Perfumeur.

Screenshot 2022-08-15 050400.jpg

I have 301 Sandalwood Amber Cardamom and it’s amazing for layering with some of my floral scents to add depth and warmth. I’m really hopeful that they’ll carry the full line at Sephora 🤞

Oooh I like the vibe of these bottles @CookieGirl1 ! 

praline licorice sounds delicious but I’m not sure about actually smelling like that. I hope they have some samples since they aren’t in store ! 

@Kim888 a few of them look good!  The Raspberry, Vanilla, and Blackberry one is absolutely calling me.

@Kim888 - They do have a sample set Bon Parfumeur Perfume Sampler Set .  It's currently OOS so you'll need to sign up for an email.  (I did!)

1 Reply
testing