Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

@SportyGirly125  That blush palette... sure, I don't need another NARS blush palette, but still... 😍 I'll wait to see if any are repeat shades, but something tells me that palette will find its way home to me. And of course I'm always interested in new shades of Audacious lipstick. 

@WinglessOne I love the packaging but wish they would do different colors. 

@SportyGirly125  It’s sometimes hard for me to tell how similar NARS’s blush shades are without swatching them myself or seeing other people’s comparisons. And with blush in general, there are only so many color families a brand can work with. I love blue makeup, but a truly blue blush would be a bit much. 🤣 

NARS could introduce some purples though, which I realize is tricky without making cheeks look freshly bruised. They haven’t done many brown-leaning blushes that I recall, probably because at some point brown blush becomes bronzer. 

New brand at Sephora : Dedcool

Screenshot_20220803-171707_Sephora.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I ordered the discovery kit! I can't resist a "milk" fragrance. Excited to try!

@ChristalM I'd love to know what you think when you get it!

@CookieGirl1 Sadly these are not for me 😞 They are not very unique or interesting at all. Apparently the milk is supposed to be used as a base layer. Nothing milk about it either sadly.

@ChristalM what a bummer!  Thanks for taking one for the team AND for sharing your thoughts.

@ChristalM, Yes, to the discovery sets! I hope you find one you love. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the fragrances. I can’t wait for mine to arrive. 😃

@itsfi see above. I hope you like yours more than I did! LOL.

@CookieGirl1, the first I’ve heard of this brand was on the product page over the weekend. I saw discovery kits on the brand’s site and almost ordered through them until I saw their discovery kit had become available at Sephora this morning. It’ll be fun to try more fragrances.

@itsfi some of the scents sound interesting.  I'd love to hear what you think of them if you do end up trying anything.

Will keep you posted @CookieGirl1! They should arrive soon. 😀 

@itsfi yay!

@itsfi I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I started looking at the reviews and noticed all the ones I clicked on were new accounts that only reviewed this brand...

@Samtian  I noticed that too and thought it was suspicious, especially since they're all 5 star reviews. That's a quick way to make me disregard all reviews. 😄 

I also see that each fragrance has a bergamot note which, eh, isn't necessarily a bad thing (many fragrances have bergamot in the mix), as long as the overall composition of each fragrance clearly smells different from the others. If this brand hits any of my local Sephoras, I'll smell some testers. 

@WinglessOne Haha yep same! I love bergamot but didn't like a lot of the other woodsy notes lol. 

I've seen a few from people who have reviewed for years, but most every one I checked was brand new and only reviewed this brand. 

@Samtian, oh that's good sleuthing. 🔍 I'm currently working my way through the 125 reviews on the brand's site; I won't get through all of them tonight. I do wish they had a breakdown of how many gave it 5 stars, 4, 3, and so on. As I was scrolling through them, it made me appreciate more the set up here, where we can see how many vis-a-vis all the reviews gave it a particular number of stars and that we can run a search based on the rating. I read a review on the Dedcool site that compared the Taunt fragrance to Le Labo Lys, so I've pulled out and set aside my sample of Lys to compare the scents when the discovery set arrives. 😃 

@itsfi I was really curious how the newly listed stuff was all five stars...I don't think I saw any rating under 5 so I started looking. Can't wait to hear your thoughts! I had to look up the Lys one. 

17A3B463-88F2-4E84-A55B-F1443DCB0437.jpeg

1 Reply
testing