Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Lol, yes indeed and yours was perfection @missjeanie! So many new releases coming out that catch my eye. 😍 I casually glanced at my app earlier this morning, thinking I’d be on for a few minutes  while my coffee was brewing and my cart is paaaaacked. 😆  

@ather @itsfi  What have we here??? I’ve been loving my summer Friday balms of late for their ease of use and texture. Corals aren’t usually my jam but I’d be down for this!!!

@missjeanie @It drops tomorrow!!! I think like most of their shades they are more of a sheer wash of colour. I’m not a huge fan of corals either but I mean I need to get it right?? 

@ather  I fully agree that you need it.  And I need it.  And it'll be wonderful.  I'm actually pumped to see that they're expanding the shade range again!  I picked up a three pack around the holidays last year and love them!

@missjeanie  Me too. I saw it on a girl and it looks pretty sheer. So I’m excited!!! 

@ather @missjeanie Tomorrow? Making note of it now!!! 

hmmm, me and corals don’t usually pair well together on the face, but that might not stop me from picking this up. It’s a balm after all and should be sheer, right?!! 

I’m thinking papaya, maybe? 🤔 or persimmon? Or apricot?

edited to add: or does the writing at the bottom say Poppy? As in the flower…

@itsfi @missjeanie  the shade says poppy but I wonder if it will be a new scent or the normal vanilla?  I’m with you I’m not a super fan but I need it right? 

@ather @missjeanie, I’m going to say we all need it. 😆 🛍

You are correct @itsfi .  I haven't been doing much purchase wise of late, so I'm due for a new balm!

@itsfi  Yea the vanilla beige was the same scent different colour but brown sugar was a different flavour and colour. I’m really hoping they are doing a different colour/flavour this time. I do like the brown sugar but it’s more of a fall colour!! 

I love how the Sephora Collection is slowly adding more products here and there (sneaky-sneaky 😂😞
SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Face and Body Cleanser with Salicylic Acid 6.7 oz / 200 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Body Hydrator with Shea Butter 13.5 oz / 400 mL 

Screenshot 2022-07-10 060823.jpg

@CookieGirl1 these ones are also "new".....I think they just reformulated them fresh Sugar Lip Balm Hydrating Treatment 

Immagine 2022-07-08 145357.png

I got one of the new formula ones in Rose. The sweetness of the scent seems about the same. The formula seems good, as before. I am glad they took out the SPF!

I don't happen to know for sure exactly what prompted the reformulation, but I remember they had to stop shipping these SPF balms to Hawaii last year. Hawaii had banned the non-reef-safe SPF this product used to contain. If you put the balm in your cart, and went to checkout, a notification would give you a heads-up about the ingredient no longer being possible to ship to Hawaii. (I might be a little off on this detail since I was shopping for Fresh on different retailers' sites, but other sites were informing shoppers in similar ways.)

@Skunk12puzzola 

@Titian06 

@CookieGirl1 

@Ispend2much6  

@itsfi 

@gingerleigh  That's great news- thanks!  A lot of times reformulations don't end well.

Thank you @gingerleigh for the follow up on how the new formula compares to the previous one, and for the information about Hawaii (and other states) ban on non-reef-safe SPF. Very interesting and helpful! 👍🏼 

@Skunk12puzzola @CookieGirl1 - The SPF was removed.

@Titian06 wonder why they did that?  Somehow having an SPF seems like it was a good thing unless it was causing the product to expire faster.

@CookieGirl1, I'm not for certain but I wonder if fresh removed the SPF because of the active ingredient in it being octinoxate. Oxybenzone is / was the most troubling of the SPF active ingredients based on some studies suggesting it may have a negative impact on the endocrine system. Similar concerns have been made about octinoxate, so that may be a reason for the reformulation? I'm not a chemist so I can't speak to these concerns other than from what I have read and I imagine there are other counterpoints but if I were to hazard a guess as for why the SPF has been removed, that would be my guess. That said, I also wonder if maybe removing it felt like it might be more aligned with the brand holding itself out as a 'natural' (or 'natural inspired') brand? @Titian06 @Skunk12puzzola 

@itsfi that's probably good speculation.  I didn't look at the ingredients to see if any other changes were also made 🤔.

@itsfi  I like that answer.  Plus, no sunscreen scent anymore.  I do wonder if octinoxate can make the lips peel, because I think these did that to mine.

@Ispend2much6, I’m sorry to hear the original version made your lips peel. There were ingredients in that version and in this new formulation may be irritating for some. It could be the SPF or another one or combination of ingredients. 

6 Replies
testing