Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Interesting ! I wonder how it will compare to the Charlotte tilbury one ! 

Thank you @CookieGirl1, this looks interesting! I bet it’s the new product they are discussing in the zoom conference tomorrow?! 
I didn’t know what it was yet so thanks so much for solving it!🙌🏻🤗🥰

@Sunnysmom It looks nice, doesn't it?

It really does @CookieGirl1 . Why they gotta with that magic $75 price point tho. 😒

Besame cosmetics releasing new era fragrances 

388D7F34-44A5-4CBF-BC57-273F90AA6D3A.jpeg

@Kim888, I’m intrigued. I picked up the sampler set. Would love to know your thoughts on the fragrances if you pick up any.

$13 .50 for a lash and brow serum ?!?!  🙋🏽‍♀️

Screenshot_20220521-002530~2.png

@danielledanielle  whoot whoot! 🙌

I'll be trying this out for sure.

@danielledanielle sing me up!

Lots of controversy and drama on IG with this one.

Screenshot a.png

@makeitup305 oof, ND definitely didn't do her research or think this through when she launched this one, did she?

@CookieGirl1 It's rough on her IG right now. The comments for a lot of her posts are turned off.

@makeitup305 can I ask you why? if it's not too long to write 😂

@Skunk12puzzola You're better off going to IG to read the full tea but here's a TL;DR (or a way to avoid the drama)

Spoiler
There's a brand called Skinglass that has a nearly identical product (kind of their hero product that they also carry in different shades as well) with similar packaging (round bottle instead of square) and nearly identical font (on the Skinglass part) that is claiming that ND ripped off their product. It's a BIPOC woman-owned indie brand and there are quite a few similarities so a lot of people are very upset that such a big brand (that is also woman-owned) seems to have stolen the idea. ND apologized on IG video and said that they missed it because only HY*GEN is trade marked, not skinglass, and that glass skin is a widely used concept and idea. She said that they weren't going to use the term "skinglass" anymore in communications and promos in order to respect the brand but as of now it doesn't seem that they're going to recall the product. I got the impression that they're spent a lot of money on it and don't want the loss, but from reading IG comments I haven't seen a single positive one. 
I admire ND and want to give her the benefit of the doubt since she is usually pretty original with her products and doesn't follow trends. Like she said in her video, she is usually the one being copied. However, either someone on her team didn't do their due diligence or they thought they could just kind of gloss over it? idk I don't think it's going to do well due to the blowback from the community. I think this was supposed to be the first in a line of HY*GEN products (kind of like a new line within the ND line) but idk what's going to happen now. 

@makeitup305 thank you for your time and for the tea. I don't have IG and I don't follow Natasha Denona (or drama channels) so, without you, I wouldn't have known of this.

@Skunk12puzzola It's not even on drama channels that I saw it, it's all just taking place in the comments of pages like Trendmood and NDs page. On the plus side for Skinglass (which I honestly had never heard about) I think they have sold out of a bunch of their products since they've received all this free publicity.

@makeitup305 , @Skunk12puzzola. Yep, it's chock-full-o'-Drama! Certainly do understand how & why SkinGlass brand is really vexed; yet I wish Beauty Brands big & small would just get-along

First thing came to mind: teenage garage-bands that have a similar Sound, with equally silly Names. Yet they might never know of each other's existence.

NAILS INC. Made in Mykonos Nail Set With Stickers 

NAILS INC. On The Horizon Nail Set 

Screenshot 2022-05-20 052839.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-20 052914.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I saw these a couple of days ago. I like the brand's polishes and just picked up a bunch of spring shades. They are now being sold at Target, too, and in mini sizes. That blue is gorgeous.

6 Replies
testing