Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2022 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

Desirable December Hauls 2022 

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2022 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

@Skunk12puzzola  The first time I carried that case + lipstick in my purse, I immediately thought: "why the hell did I buy this?" ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ I always carry small purses, usually crossbodies, and that bulky case takes up so much room in my purses. And it's heavy. And the stupid mirror pops open whenever the lipstick's removed. I mean, I kinda understand the thought behind that design: you're obviously going to apply/reapply lipstick when you pull it from the case, so why not have the mirror conveniently pop open for you, right? Makes sense if you actually use that narrow mirror instead of your own better-sized compact mirror, in which you can better see what you're doing. When I use my own mirror, I have to put the Rouge G case down somewhere with that dang mirror popped awkwardly open. The case itself is pretty but its design greatly annoys me. 

I blame it all on a weak moment at Nordstrom however many years ago. ๐Ÿคฃ I love my Rouge Gs but wow do I wish I hadn't wasted money on the custom case. When I carry my Rouge Gs on the go, I just use the black plastic end caps they come with. And this reminds me to see if any other brand's lipstick caps will fit a Rouge G, because I might be able to replace those short black caps with longer acrylic ones. Note to self! 

@WinglessOne yes girl, it's very heavy and when the mirror pops open on its own, it's a little awkward. Like, I was having breakfast at a bar, and it's true, when you use it, it's kind of bulky and annoying because you don't know how to handle it properly ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜…

Agree ๐Ÿ’ฏ @WinglessOne. I canโ€™t handle taking those heavy cases in my bags. I need no more heavy things dragging my shoulders down! 

@WinglessOne , @Sunnysmom Yeah, I'm not in favor of another weighty object in my shoulderbag. Carrying a heavy (>6 lb).purse is not a great feeling, according to my lower back. Guess that these baubles are for those who only carry their purse a few yards. 

adding: If I want to see a cute l.s. case in my mu.bag, it'll be a P&J one (Cat print on paperboard). I've depotted LQ & MAC into P&J cases, with little drama.

@MvLL You took the words right out of my head!  That lip looks so pretty, especially since I've not been into more 'bold' lips much lately.  And the packaging on the CH is really nice!

@missjeanie. That semi-blotted look (Merit litewt) is quite wearable, isn't it?

I bet the Merit feels terrific @MvLL . ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธyup who knows, cute tho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

oooh those lippies do look really nice @Sunnysmom 

They do @Kim888 . I wonder if similar to Valentino. Or I suppose insert many other brands. ๐Ÿ˜†

Hope it's more like the new Gucci l.s. @Sunnysmom 

Decorative cases seem to be a 'micro-trend'..

I recall reading less than glowing reviews of the Val.

Ooh I would love that also @MvLL , I love all Gucci formulas. I do have several Valentino lips and like them but it varies by color and formula at least for me. 
Edit- I watched some older videos on these and they do compare to Gucci it sounds like. Satins apparently glossier than Gucci etc. I forgot about these releasing during early pandemic/ not wanting to risk buying from CH site and what not and donโ€™t even know if any of these shades are new besides the added doodad accessories. ๐Ÿ˜Š It appears some are and site exclusives too. Minis are new I know. Maybe others know and have. May have to try one of satin/ matte for science as well. @blackkitty2014 

Screenshot 2022-02-14 062451.jpg

2A799255-5665-495F-872A-735AA26A778C.png

As much as I encourage a lack of fragrance in skincare.... gosh I hope this smells like cookies! lol

@missjeanie Trendmood said it doesn't have a scent to it.

3EF95AF7-1ADB-4059-B81C-6542A933F88A.png

I love this foundation, but what's with just 13 shades ๐Ÿ˜

@SportyGirly125 Ohhh this is going be awesome, I can just tell.  I love the Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation  I'm hoping this has enough coverage for my undereyes to pair with it for 'light' days. 

@SportyGirly125 I am so curious about this concealer! I recently tried a sample of their Dior Forever Skin Glow Foundation and I fell in love with it. I havenโ€™t tried anything else from the brand but I am sure these will be very good.

Just saw that Viseart is going to be releasing Editorial Brights and Neutral Mattes are being released in the petit pro size. Would be wonderful to see all of their matte pro palettes in the smaller size!

IMG_2003.PNGIMG_2004.PNG

@missjeanie  nice! Viseart palettes are some of my absolute favorite.

testing