cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Accountability helps! But it will be good to sit down and figure out a good number that you can stick to. It’s good also that you aren’t tempted by new releases. We can do this! @danielledanielle 

Good luck @danielledanielle!

Let's do this! 🙌 @danielledanielle Day 1 down. No temptations. 

Yes.  I did make a purchase yesterday, but I stopped myself from making two additional purchases.  Still within my proposed budget.

@danielledanielle I like this idea,, is your budget weekly? Monthly? How are you figuring your number?

It's a monthly range.  So that way if there's a major item I want, I can forego small purchases and not feel guilty about it.  It also challenges me to spend smartly (yeah this might have a gwp that I like, but why not wait for a sale and just get the full sized?)  So this month is usually the Beautylish x Chikuhodo collab.  I am hoping they release one.  I liked last year, but passed because I was trying to stick to a weekly budget, and had spent half of it at the time of release.

@danielledanielle Nice job staying on budget! Just as a side note, I can be very fanatical and focused when I put my mind on something. Same with exercise, diet plans, etc. I expect this no buy challenge to last all year for me. At least I can partake in seeing what others get! 

@danielledanielle  .yes!!!! You got this!!

I finally have my plan ready for 2021. I am going to start with a 3 month no buy. After doing an inventory and tracking usage I should have enough skincare that I will only need to repurchase a few items for the year. I plan on only shopping at Sephora during the April and November sales and for my birthday in July. I didn’t come close to renewing my diamond status at Ulta, but they are letting me keep that status through 2021. I will only shop at Ulta if there is an incredible Diamond Perk. I am terrible at impulse buying so I want to leave things on my loves list for a minimum of a month to make sure it’s something I still really want and have time to read more reviews if it is a new release. Good luck everyone! 

That’s a great plan, @faeriegirl - sending you hugs and well wishes!

Awesome plan! @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl  I love your plan! Very tactical. I find I’m bad at impulse buying as well. Then I end up with 6 of everything and I don’t need that much. I’m here to support you!

You can do it @faeriegirl! It will make the purchases you do in those months all the more special.

Happy to see you here, @ShortErica !  Miss you and hope you and your family are doing well☺️

Yeah December got the better of me @eshoe. Didn't get to posting about my last November masks and then the only thing I did was a steam eye mask when I was feeling sick (just a cold but still ugh). Hoping to get back in the masking mood now that Christmas is cleaned up. 🙂

Happy to hear that you are feeling better, @ShortErica, and that it was nothing serious. I just finished getting Christmas decorations packed away and I am so relieved! I hope the boys had fun this year:)

Thanks @eshoe! The boys said Santa didn't bring them toys. He brought them a guitar and plenty of other things but grandma got them scooters and nonni got them a crane and then both got other toys so Santa was a bit limited. 😉 How was your holiday?

Oh I bet the crane is a hit, @ShortErica! Great gifts, what a fun age. My holidays were busy, and I am grateful they are over. Lots and lots of cooking and baking, organizing, parent’s anniversary, family birthdays...needless to say I always enjoy the lull of January.

This is a great starting point! @faeriegirl My weakness is also impluse buying and stuff on sale. You can do this! 🙌

This sounds like a great plan @faeriegirl @I am also bad with impulses and have tried to leave things in my cart for so long before I buy and I think it helps. Good luck!

Ok popping in before it all begins with a tweak to my plan so that it’s all on the up and up. I may opt to take one month off in exchange for extending my no buy one additional month. Ok I am ready! 🥳

552 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg