cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@SAlyFitz congratulations to you! I hope and pray that your results are good news this week. That is a lot to take in, and your determination in sorting things out for yourself and ultimately your daughter are admirable ☺️ I am here with ya!

Thank you❤️ The self care is so necessary and should help in many regards (using my products, relaxing, distracting etc.)!

Awwww @SAlyFitz prayers for you and your family as you move along with your pregnancy!! Your words are very encouraging!!

Thank you so much❤️

@SAlyFitz   Oh I love it with the gratitude and self care goal!  There’s a path to true happiness there.   And best wishes to you with your baby girl!   💗💗💗

Thank you! And happiness is exactly what I’m trying to provide myself with more of and find from within❤️

@SAlyFitz Great goals on seeking less temporary gratification! I hope you are able to get the information you need to prepare for your bundle of joy to arrive.

Thank you❤️

@SAlyFitz How exciting that you are having a bundle of joy soon! 🍼🎠 Good luck with your declutter and keep the things that bring you joy. 

Thank you!❤️

Congratulations @SAlyFitz! Good luck with your low buy!

Thank you!❤️

Bless your upcoming bundle!  And, may there be empties and pans in your future @SAlyFitz 

Thanks!!❤️

Congrats on the baby coming 💖 very smart of you to be thinking ahead about her needs! Good luck on your low buy @SAlyFitz it may be hard at first, but you can do it with perseverance 💪🏻💪🏻

Thanks! It is already hard to ignore Ultas current sale lol❤️

Super excited for your inventory, project pan, and empties @SAlyFitz - I'm sure you'll get it all organized and make great strides in 2021! And as for your bundle of joy, that is wonderful motivation and good luck with the remainder of the pregnancy. The doctors should take good care of you but always stand up for yourself if you need extra care. From experience, I wasn't a big spender pre-babies but post babies it is almost your nature to buy from them than yourself and telling yourself no may come easier than you think. Still, this group is great support and always reach out when you need to. Best of luck and hopefully we can see an adorable baby picture in February! 🙂

Thank you! I appreciate that reminder of my ability to use my voice, and channeling my focus to her will be most rewarding and I hope it does come with ease.  Love your spreadsheet!❤️

Yay!  I'm glad this thread is up!  Thanks @ElleElleG & @Inum

I am still thinking up a plan 🤔 .  I don't feel tempted by releases, so I think a low buy is manageable.  But how low is low for me?  I think I'll try my beauty budget again, but include all purchases made.  Last time, I left out sales (like 21 DoB, Sephora spring)  and I feel like if I expand my budget (not too wide), then it'll get me to be more conscious of everything.

I like reading everyone else's thoughts.   Let's do this @faeriegirl @eshoe @ather @KehDee @Samtian @LuxFlora 

Yes, @danielledanielle! I’ve done a low buy before, didn’t quite go as planned but I also wasn’t fully committed. This time, I am ready! Day three and counting☺️

@danielledanielle That sounds like a good plan!

552 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg