cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Go, @FullCoverageBB , girl go!

@danielledanielle, thank youuuuu ❤️ 

WOW @FullCoverageBB, way to get organized! December 12th seems a pretty long ways away, but it will fly by. Plus, it is sooooo satisfying to mark off finished products. 

@eshoe, I bet it is! I've already almost used up all of my NYX Liquid Liner and I was so happy! During this time, I hope to hit the pan on at least 2 shadows from one of my higher-end pallets. 

Panning shadow pans is SO much more time-consuming, @FullCoverageBB - that is a big deal🙌🏼

Just a quick question, does it count as a misstep if you are given a product as a gift? I am considering doing this challenge until December (because, like @faeriegirl, I cannot resist a good holiday sale!!) But, my birthday is in September and I would be getting some makeup for it. Does that count as a misstep and/or cheating? Or is that allowed? Just wanna make sure I do this correctly. 🙂 ❤️

@FullCoverageBB  I don’t think gifts count!! 

I think gifts are okay! @FullCoverageBB 

Gifts are definitely allowed @FullCoverageBB

@FullCoverageBB I woudn't consider a gift from someone counting as a misstep.  The point is not to buy stuff with your own money.

@FullCoverageBB in my opinion, gifts are encouraged!

@curlychiquita, thanks so much!! ❤️ 

I’ve done pretty well so far this year with only filling products I’ve run out of, and no actual makeup because I don’t need it! I am planning a more expensive purchase now because I need a few things and I’m looking at a tool for my pores but I’ve kept it in my basket for days trying to decide 

Great job @KehDee!

Thanks @faeriegirl !!

@KehDee you can do it!! 🙌

Thanks @lmaster I did end up making a purchase but I feel it was thought out and I didn’t buy any makeup that I don’t need 

@KehDee, AMAZING WORK! That's smart only buying products you run out of, could be a good trick for all of us, too. 

Thank you @FullCoverageBB I spent way too much the last year or two and haven't been wearing makeup much so I know that I don't need anything, so why spend?

I have figured out that I can’t do an overall no buy. So I have decided to try to just do a no buy on the following items until December.

1. Eyeshadow palettes
  2. Lipstick/Lipgloss
  3. Mascara/Eyeliner
  4. Brow products 
  5. Blush/Bronzer
  6. Primer
  7. Sheet masks
  8. Wash off masks
  9. Hair masks
  10. Shampoo and conditioner 

I have so much of these items that I should be able to go longer than December, but I’m usually a sucker for holiday sets. 

Your list looks quite identical to mine thats in my head!! I'm definitely on a Palette no buy @faeriegirl 

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg
  • ED546ADE-0788-42C5-976A-60456177E468.jpeg