cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@WhereYouStand This is an excellent way to monitor the items that you truly are using.  I don't have nearly as much as you have but I I find that I use the several products more frequently than others. It looks like you were able to make lots of progress.  Good luck on your 2nd purge.

@WhereYouStand   It feels good to declutter and organize.  I had mine in such a manageable state that I knew where everything was and could put it back easily when I was done using it.  Was, and hopefully soon again.

@WhereYouStand  Wow great job!!! I definitely need to do this as wel!

thank you @ather well wishes on this project/journey. it can get a little overwhelming if you have a lot of items. I know mine did. and I haven't quite finished my second purge. my best advice take a few breaks in between if you need them and come back to the project. I had to do that a few times. 

That really is such lifesaver of a tip to go by.  I have been recently trying to get rid of old makeup and organize all makeup that I have bought over the last year (which is probably 5x more than I have ever purchased in my life).  I also have pretty severe ADHD and organizing in general is overwhelming and most times even leave me emotionally drained.  Just the thought process of how to organize my makeup has consumed hours and hours of my time and walking away when I'm stuck so that I can come back later with fresh 👀 is the best way to get off that never-ending crazy train. 

@WhereYouStand  That’s such a great tip!! I’ve been focusing on using up non expired open products and just keeping them on my dresser or bathroom counter and it’s been really helping me focus on using everything. I’ve become such a skincare junkie. And I also have 6 foundations open which I am trying to use the oldest which isn’t even a year but that one first. 

@WhereYouStand This makes me feel bad because I have way more than that and I already got rid of the expired ones.

@SportyGirly125 don't feel bad no judgment here we're all in this boat together. ^_^

@WhereYouStand, good luck on your no-buy!! Keep us posted. You're gonna rock it!

thanks for the wonderful support @FullCoverageBB  ^_^  I'll keep you posted!  (since im not on my phone  and don't i have access to emoji's ) mentally inserts rock on emoji here!

2021-07-12.png

I took @eshoe's extraordinary idea of making a spreadsheet because as of right now I'm officially not going to be buying ANYTHING makeup related until December 12, 2021!!! Ahhhhh, what have I done?!! 😂

@FullCoverageBBThat looks great!  I keep saying I need to do this to keep track of my products.

@Ispend2much6, thank you!! ❤️ I highly recommend doing it. 

@FullCoverageBB  Well @eshoe has lots of great tips!! 
can’t wait to see how your no buy goes!

@ather, she certainly does!! Thanks so much! ❤️ ❤️ 

Great job on the spreadsheet @FullCoverageBB! Good luck on your no buy!

@faeriegirl, thank you!! ❤️ ❤️

@FullCoverageBB good job!!! So organized

@lmaster, thanks so much!! ❤️ ❤️ 

Amazing spreadsheet and goal for the rest of the year! You've got this! @FullCoverageBB 

@KehDee, thank you!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif