cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@eshoe  I don’t think you should be disappointed if you paid full price because I think the benefits outweigh the downfalls. I think transfer would be a minimal issue. And most people don’t see your pillow!!! 

@LuxFlora  Oooo thanks!! I’ll keep my eyes open for one!

@ather Your welcome. Another tip: I find them in the hair appliances section. Not in the bed/linen department, ironically. 

@eshoe  I may hold out till one of the sales maybe!! But good to know you are enjoying it to want a back up! I’ve heard they are awesome to prevent wrinkles! 

Ok well yes please then, @ather

@ather Thank you! I have over 700 things I need to use up or toss haha it's time. 

@Samtian  Oh wow!!! That’s crazy! 

@ather Haha yeah it is bad.

Thanks for starting the new thread @ElleElleG My plan is to continue with a low buy, mainly spending on skincare refills. I haven’t been wearing as much makeup since I haven’t been leaving the house much so I’m going to use what I have and refill as needed. I haven’t gotten my skincare routine to a place I’m happy with so there will be some trial and error but I’m trying to keep it low cost if I can. 

Sure thing @KehDee !  No better time than now to tailor skin care routines.  I'm in a similar boat (wearing less makeup and trying to focus on skincare) and would love to get to the point where foundation feels like less of a necessity. 

Good luck @KehDee

Thanks @faeriegirl we’ve got this!

@KehDee  That’s a great plan! I’ve been trying to tweak my skincare routine as well. I have almost perfected it!

It definitely takes some trial and error but I’m glad you’re almost there! @ather 

Yay @KehDee, excited to be entering the new year with similar goals in mind 👏🏼

Thank you for starting the 2021 thread, @ElleElleG! I am very, very excited to test my patience over the next six months. I have inventoried, added sample surprises for each month for me to try to stave off any cravings for newness, and stocked up on necessities so that I will have no excuses to deviate from my plan. Good luck and cheers to everyone else who is along for the fun! 

Very welcome, @eshoe ! Love the idea of introducing some surprises to keep you motivated, may have to borrow this idea 😉

I am getting through more samples than I ever would otherwise, @ElleElleG 🙌🏼 After forgetting about what went into each bag, it was fun to blind pick one for this month. It is making a difference so far, and that’s what counts:)

@eshoe  Good luck!! I will be here by your side! Except I’m allowed to make 1 purchase in January! But I’m here for any support you need!

Yay @ather!!! I am so excited for us! Would that happen to be your birthday month;) If so, I applaud you for planning ahead for a fun little purchase!🙌🏼 

I’ve made half-attempts before, but this time I am going all in. I wish you the best!!!

@eshoe  Ahh you guessed it right!! It is my birthday month. Plus there’s a couple new releases on my radar for January! I’m not going to go overboard but I must get my birthday gift!!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg