cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

ny-132

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 7 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum )

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Spoiler
* Coming Soon *

Tags:

Re: 2021 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Good for you, @ather! I actually packed 11 bags of samples, leaving one month of the year open. Then I decided I need to be realistic and first aim for a six month no buy after initially considering a 12 month RONB. I really don’t want to fail😂 Happy early birthday to you? I hope you get to do something fun!!! 🥳 

@eshoe  That’s smart to do 11 just in case. I did 12 bags but if I don’t get through everything I won’t be to hard on myself. No plans for my birthday. My husbands birthday is also January and the province we live in is on lockdown right now. It’s kinda bad timing. I’m nervous to see if the numbers rise after Christmas. Fingers crossed things get better. Depending on how things are maybe a visit to the big city to see friends. But I’m not holding my breath!!  But I really need nothing. I have so many back ups. I really need to get through my stash!! I may also allow a purchase during the sale.  I know you will do awesome!! 

Oh wow you and your husband share a birthday month, @ather 😳 Yikes. I am a homebody so I do not mind being stuck at home, but it is driving my husband and daughter crazy. 

I have enough points to exchange for a $100 reward, if I absolutely cannot contain myself. I would prefer to hold onto them, so that will help me decide just how much I want/need something if it comes down to that.

I hear you on the numbers. Every day I am just hoping to get through this, because I really feel for those who are truly struggling right now. I thankfully haven’t lost any loved ones this year, but my parents aren’t concerned with it, so I worry about them. Funny how things change, isn’t it?

@eshoe  Aww I’m a pretty big homebody too. But I’ve been going stir crazy. My friends usually come up to see me once a month but we aren’t allowed that anymore. I think that’s the hard part. The way our province has their guidelines we can’t see anyone. Only single people can add 2 people to their bubble. So families can’t have anyone. 

Ooo that’s awesome you have a $100 reward that makes it that much harder to decide what to spend it on. I always have a hard time using my rewards. I’m hoping I can get another $100 reward next year. I got 2 last year. 🙄 can’t wait to see if anything helps you choose to use it!!! 

I hope your parents stay safe. Even if they aren’t concerned. My parents live in a different province and they have less harsh rules and way smaller numbers. They aren’t concerned either. We haven’t lost any loved ones either. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost their family members. We had another close call a guy who works literally 2 feet from my husband came back positive and another guy in that same office not even 2 feet away is immune compromised and thankfully he was ok too. Very scary. 

Yes my neighbors from up north mentioned that about the family bubble as well, @ather. Their daughter was able to add them and so they were able to enjoy Christmas together.

I am thankful to hear that you and your family have been healthy. I am also grateful to have the laziest dog ever who does not require walks just sudden 5-minute bursts of energy that quickly dissolve into 4 hour naps. Hope your canine companions are surviving!

Thank you for starting the 2021 thread @ElleElleG!

@faeriegirl I am excited to see you here! What is your goal for the new year?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • ny-132
  • 2021 Goals.PNG
  • E1C3EE20-4280-4775-92F1-4D5C07D9DFA5.gif
  • IMG_20210103_174920_013[1].jpg
  • giphy
  • tenor (29).gif
  • tenor (16).gif
  • D5DE791F-B1CA-49FC-9B84-E48C95CCD242.gif
  • 57D977F1-5D5A-4198-87B9-2EEFA8C2EE4D.jpeg