Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Me too @itsfi 🤷🏻‍♀️😊Nope it’s not for me. 🤗

@Sunnysmom  No, not me.

I read about Valde last year in a trend report from WWD that had to do with new brands being launched by BIPOC but it didn’t really speak to me so I never looked into it.

its a nice concept, especially from an eco friendly perspective but I personally don’t like thinner, flat top lipstick bullets (why I’ve never tried VB or HG Confession, either) so it’ll be a pass for me. Let me know what you think if you do.

@Mochapj I read an old article from Oct I think yesterday when must have first launched but hadn’t caught it on Beauty News thread . The case is almost scary 🤣
I bought a Bond one only because I truly love the lipstick formula and only bec I did think it’s so pretty but never bring it anywhere, only the refill! Lol insanely heavy and pretty dumb. I appreciate the beauty of some of these objects but not enough to just buy for sake of it. Rather have actual piece of art :). 

@Sunnysmom  I think another Valde article was posted in the old Beauty News thread, before the thread got all glitchy (posts started appearing in random date order). In that older article, I remember Margarita Arriagada saying something like "people don't need more makeup, they need better makeup" and "too many high-end brands have lowered their prices and cheapened the high-end category as a result" to help justify her product price tag. Those statements were a turnoff for me. 

Plus, a Valde refill can be purchased solo for $40, making the winged "armor" an extra $159. She talks about the armor as if having a reusable "keepsake" lipstick case is new and unique. 🙄 Yes, the armor case is beautiful and I appreciate the personal story behind it, but it's not worth $159 to me—especially since I'd never ever carry it in my bag (for the same reason I almost never carry my Guerlain Rouge G custom case: too big, bulky, and heavy). And since I mentioned Guerlain: if someone gets a Valde lipstick, I'd love to hear and see a comparison against a Rouge G satin lipstick. 

I don't mean to dampen anyone's spirits about Valde Beauty. This is all subjective. 🙂 I'm just explaining why I have no plans to buy an armor case. I'm very curious about the lipstick itself, but not sure I'm willing to buy a refill for testing since I'm not super keen on the brand founder's perspective. 

I appreciate all your thoughts tons @WinglessOne 🥰. Agree! 

I can’t wait!

AE5667DF-EAA4-4131-8879-C7EF3604636B.png

E8C81B7C-E62C-406E-A6FE-C87FE1BE8639.png

New Shu! These look so nice! Also a deal going on now. Forgive if someone posted already! 💄💋

A6AB75D4-FA21-4BC4-8688-059685D9941B.jpeg

B253A0DF-B687-4A48-A7C5-938C4B2AF129.jpeg

03401025-7F9F-4887-8ED3-94FDF31FC932.jpeg

0F8F30A5-2710-4385-8460-F959C183AA9A.png

C507280F-F433-454C-8F40-A2DA60D2BCA4.png

@SportyGirly125, well, that box sure has some goodies I’d like -

sheet masks

SPF cushion

lip balm  

AmorePacific 😍😍

but I’m pretty sure it’s a pass for me. 💸

Now about those Louboutins of yours ... wear them!!! 👠 And you too @pocketvenus with your MM Tabis. 👢 Even if it’s just on the couch in sweats!! Ummm, not that I’ve done that before ... 😉 

@Sunnysmom 

@itsfi @Sunnysmom  Thanks for the encouragement! I just did my laundry in stilettos 😄 It's no endurance test but not too bad? I guess it's like riding a bike!!!

Yes, just like riding a bike. 😂 You've now set a bar. 👠 + 🧺 Love it @pocketvenus

@Sunnysmom 

@itsfi Just don't ask me to ride a bike in them!!!!!! 🤣

Oh my gosh @pocketvenus ! Goals! 😂

Exactly @itsfi ! And I second that - wear em you guys! 😂🥰

Can only imagine how ridiculously hard it would be to get hands on this collection @SportyGirly125 lol. Or maybe not?  Glad I don’t really want to. I do have some sneakers from them and they are super comfy with terry lining! Stupid waste of $ tho , so glad I had some Nordies notes! 

@Sunnysmom @Wow you have sneakers from them. Are they crazy priced like Golden Goose?

🙄 I’m afraid to answer this @SportyGirly125 . Lol. But yes. I tried on one pair and hard as rock inside like most GG but then this one pair (that looks like Vans I swear! ) were really comfy. If not no way would I have!! Lol. I’m such an idiot. Was beginning of Covid and I was clearly feeling sorry for myself! 

@Sunnysmom Wow pretty expensive like Louboutin expensive. 

No @SportyGirly125  and they have different price points depending on styles. Some of the canvas ones are way less than other leather or suede ones it seems. My poor feet have issues from wearing shoes that probably weren’t so good for me and for being on them for too many years so I’m super sensitive to shoes , needing some kind of cushion/ support. ( am usually in Adidas or Nike!) This one pair had it. I see some styles are on sale on Farfetch site if you can grab a size! Lol I probably wouldn’t buy them again though! 🤦🏻‍♀️ 

@Sunnysmom I own 2 pairs of Louboutins and bought them years ago and still haven’t worn them. 😞. At least your getting your monies worth from them. 

Figures right @SportyGirly125 .  I have others not by Loub sitting in their boxes also. Lol (You prob can someday soon even I hope!) Tho mine are not a heel, some Gucci darling flats etc. Terrible. So funny @pocketvenus , I could not begin to imagine wearing higher shoes anymore much less what to wear with them! I’ve lost any cute dressing skills I think! 

2,363 Replies
testing