Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

They look pretty, @itsfi! There are so many great new releases right now.

I know @curlychiquita! I can start getting into a lot of trouble beginning now, if I don’t watch myself. Fortunately I’ve kept it in check (well, a little more so than before) for the last few months. All in anticipation for the fall/winter/holiday releases. 😂 

Wow that looks really pretty @pocketvenus ! I would love it if was an intense rosy color. 

Saje has released a new skincare line.

264590905-0926_beauty_bar-w

There’s the three-step soothing Calm-O-Mile line, which is formulated for those with sensitive skin; antioxidant-rich Glow On products protect against environmental damage and is best for those with normal or combination skin; the rejuvenating True Dew delivers moisture and radiance, especially on mature skin; and clarifying Claritea products are formulated with botanicals like tea tree and aloe vera to treat acne-prone skin.

New from Farmacy--a scent free version of the Green Clean:

Farmacy Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

@CookieGirl1 What a great idea!  That makes me more interested in this product, now.

@greeneyedgirl107 funny that you should say that! A friend asked if I'd be buying it since I love Green Clean and I told her that I wasn't because it isn't scented and I love the smell of the original formula 😂

C7C2F14A-A9EA-4AF7-B483-1AF4C66CFDB1.png

Here's additional pics of the inside:

Screenshot_20210921-145207.pngScreenshot_20210921-145319.png

@quspork ,

I like the "swatches" on the arms.  I think this looks like it would be a good palette for me.  Thanks for posting this.

@quspork @Titian06 @CookieGirl1 The longer shape of this palette kind of reminds me of the Too Faced “Teddy Bare” palette, except less fun.

@quspork - Thanks for posting!  Not for me.

@Titian06 agree.  I'm not exactly inspired...

Wow breathtaking new Chantecaille up for preorder on NM. Illuminating balm, eye shadow and blush! Oof, pricey little rascals tho. What is the ceiling. Getting kind of nutty in my humble! 🤔

D69AF13B-B950-44CE-9D67-21E071540B3F.jpeg

9954F2E9-A4F9-44FA-BEA8-737D5E795131.jpeg

7F8CC7ED-4652-4B80-B4B8-153CFBB40C7C.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Oof lol. But man it's so pretty I'd have to buy 2 highlighter balms so I can just look at one. 

Ya I don’t care for them … and THAT IS A BIG FAT LIE 😂🤣 I think I need to sell half of my kidney for these 😂🤣 @Sunnysmom . The packaging is really gorgeous 

😱 oh dear @blackkitty2014 no! 😂 They are gorgeous! 😫 Holidays about to do us in already! 

@Sunnysmom Been happening in perfume now for awhile and I've given up on the idea that there's a ceiling.

I think a part of it is how concentrated wealth is becoming. I'm not just talking about the top 1% for whom a $600 perfume would be like, oh I found some loose change in my car seat. I mean, there's $10,000 fragrance products being made for them. I'm talking about the concentration of wealth into the upper middle class, which has also really expanded. As long as this hollowing out of the middle-middle class continues, my guess is these luxury brands are going to keep pushing the envelope as far as the market can bear. It doesn't matter if wages are stagnating for the vast majority because the upper-middle class is growing their net worth not from labour and wages, but financial vehicles like investments and home ownership. 

What kind of annoys me about it though is that honestly, you hit a point of diminishing returns at around the $250-300 mark for perfumes today although this would have been lower in the past because the prices keep marching up. What's also annoying is seeing what would pass as mediocre, derivative and blandly commercial before is now being sold at the $200+ price point. OK, I'll get off my tangential soap box now 😛

If you asked me a few years ago I would never spend upwards of $400 plus on a perfume.  At the time I would have around 10 perfumes maybe even 20 at one point and over the past few years I’ve slowly started to minimize my collection, I currently have only three. This past spring I’ve been wanting to smell The infamous baccarat rouge 540 extrait , so we meandered on over to NM to have a sniff.  The SA sprayed it on a card and we walked out to have the scent linger and decide. My hub instantly loved it and I couldn’t get over the cost LOL they had some sort of sale maybe 10% not sure. His justification was that I only had two other perfumes and in decluttering a few as of recent, this one perfume was like 3 or 4 in one. He offered to buy it for me and we later agreed to split the cost. Case in point i have no regrets, it lasts all day and is unique to anything I’ve tried. I purposely didn’t smell the rest since i didn’t want to fall in love. But somehow i can’t spend $100+ on some makeup items.  Chantecaille in particular is one of those elusive brands that i can’t get myself to buy from. I’ve wanted to try the blur powder for a bit and then it wasn’t in stock for their slyvie sale. 

Sounds divine @aviscardi , I’ve not sniffed it! I can definitely see buying one truly unforgettable fragrance vs many however. I like the sound of your hubs. 😊 Good guy! I have never spent that much yet but I really only have a few that are my very favorites so hopefully that offsets the overdosing on makeup! 😳 I pick and choose with Chantecaille. The powders/ highlighters are particularly lovely I think and I did pick up the new shadows which are small but mighty. Yes to the sales, me too! 💞

lol he enabled the purchase, how could i say no. Yes, unless i strike rich i can’t imagine having several that cost that much. I think I’ve also become much more strategic with my purchases in the past year. Cost per use needs to make sense if it’s something that has a shorter shelf life like a perfume or liquid foundation etc. 

Eh maybe next year on the chantecaille blur powder, i can’t see myself paying full price for it 

testing