Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Ahhh, got it @niki172. I've ordered from the site directly about two times per year for the last few years. My orders have generally shipped out the next day and depending on if I'm home when it arrives, I usually have it in hand 2-3 business days from when it ships, regardless whether I make an order when there's more volume or other delays. If it helps to know, my deliveries have been made by FedEx. It arrives well packaged. I've never had an item broken or missing.

@niki172 Processing time was normal the 2 times I ordered from them. 

I had an order that shipped and the item wasn’t in the box and they reshipped me the item. 

Just saw that Cheekbone Beauty will be coming to Sephora Canada later this year 🙂

IMG_7870-491x592

OMG! Finally an Indigenous-owned (to be technical, the founder is half Caucasian and half Anishinaabe) in Sephora!!! I love how the brand gives back to the community sustainability-wise, charity-wise (Indigenous Canadian groups), and education-wise (educating on residential schools among many other important topics). 

I also love how Uoma Beauty and Cheekbone beauty both have lip product lines named after inspirational women. Cool coincidence! (*ahem* maybe add Uoma Beauty to Sephora shelves too)

From a June article on Sephora Canada "Sephora Canada is also proud to announce that local Indigenous beauty brand, Cheekbone Beauty, will be launching on Sephora.ca in the next year. This announcement comes shortly after the retailer made a new Canadian commitment to the Fifteen Percent Pledge to dedicate 25 per cent of its brand offering to BIPOC-owned brands by 2026." 

2021 Sephora CA update: "Sephora Canada’s brand offering currently reflects 12 per cent BIPOC-owned brands, with the short-term goal of reaching 15 per cent in 2022." 

I also hope other Indigenous/Native/First Nations-owned and founded beauty brands get added to Sephora (online and in stores!) including Satya, a skincare brand invested by the same Indigenous capital firm that invested in Cheekbone Beauty. Fun fact: Satya's products even worked on pets! 😂

Satya can be found in Canadian: Whole Foods, Nesters, Rexall, Pharmasave, Avril Sante, Rachelle Bery, Indigo DOT ca (online), TheBay DOT com , Well DOT ca, Kroger DOT com (lots of places!). 

I would like to do a post on Native-owned beauty brands I would like to see at Sephora but I don't know where to post it. I have already put out some other Native-owned brands in the "Which Black-Owned brands..." thread but those brands were founded by ladies who are part Native American and part Black American. 

Super excited to see Cheekbone Beauty in Sephora online!

@Nahnom I wonder if @TeamBIC could start a thread for Indigenous owned brands similar to this thread https://community.sephora.com/t5/Deeper-Shades/Which-Black-owned-beauty-and-wellness-brands-do-you-w...

There's also this thread but I'm not sure how often moderators check it https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/BRANDS-YOU-WISH-SEPHORA-CARRIED/m-p/2687489

Personally, I'm curious about Sḵwálwen, I think Holts carries it.

So so so excited for this. Thanks for posting, @pocketvenus!!

2 new lip products available on Sephora! 💄
(and other sites). Let the new fall lip madness ensue. Also the Valentino lips and other new products are on Nordstrom now as well. Check out this V. shade tho lots of reds, pinks and nudes. @WinglessOne  this!  My pic looks darker than normal tho I think. Stellar Notte is more blue grey. 
@blackkitty2014 @itsfi  @Ispend2much6 

KVD Beauty Epic Kiss Nourishing Vegan Butter Lipstick Role Breaker 

Givenchy Le Rouge Sheer Velvet Matte Lipstick 

A56A8CEF-60C4-4B5C-9D33-4C793EAE585B.jpeg

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom ! I checked Nordstrom earlier and, surprisingly, they had just one Valentino Stellar Notte left. I held off adding it to cart, then got caught up in something else. When I went back to check, that shade was gone. 😲 On one hand, I'm glad there's a large audience for "unconventional" shades after all! This could translate to brands releasing more fun shades to cater to us. 🙂 

On the other hand, I should've ordered it when I had the chance. 🤦‍♀️ (I know I can still get it elsewhere, but I could've gotten it for free via Nordy Notes.) I think I hesitated because it looked kinda sheer in the promo photos. Still beautiful, though! 

I'm very seriously considering the Bluepink shade of the KVD lipstick. I swore off KVD however many years ago, but now that the brand's founder's not involved at all, I'm maybe willing to try this product. I wish Kendo would rename KVD already, since folks still associate the name with the original founder. Regardless of my choice to not support her, keeping the KVD name is confusing, and Kendo's attempts to force a new meaning of the acronym are strange and kinda lame. But ANYWAY... Bluepink sure is pretty! Are you getting any of those lipsticks, or any of the Givenchy mattes? 

Oh no @WinglessOne a bummer it was gone! Hopefully restocks too. Nordstrom can be tricky as it seems they sell out so quickly on things. Ack! It does look fun. Yes to the notes! Me too. True swatches will be good to see. I did try a few of Valentino plus KVD. I hadn’t thought about renaming but that does make sense as it is confusing. I don’t have anything from them anymore either except one gloss I think.  I can’t recall the names of the Val. I ordered because man it was hard to try and choose , a pink, mini red and darker red I think , but I will post when they arrive. That fun little Valentino powder combo lip case tempted me too but yikes, pricey even with a note. I restrained! Baby steps! 😊

Those are some gorgeous looking Givenchy shades, @Sunnysmom !  Thanks for the tag; I wonder how strong the scent is.

They really are @Ispend2much6 . Good question. Do the others by them seem like too much? I kind of just detect a more raspberry kind of thing or whatever it is from their normal lipsticks so they don’t bother me. Will have to see how these are. I’ll let you when I get a sniff. 😊

@Sunnysmom  The Givenchy Le Rouge Interdit 24H Hydrating Lip Balm has a scent that is too much for me, if that is any indication.

Oh I see @Ispend2much6 , yes they may be then. It’s not a raspberry scent, I had them confused. All of mine smell the same. It’s prob more the extracts, rose oils I suppose. I’ll let you know in any event. 

3E44054C-696F-4300-90DD-D78BADAF4C0D.png

A4ED7814-9CD6-4FC8-8EE6-FE9E8861149A.png

6FC68C26-6ACA-4300-AE35-DCC3700F7E5A.png

B0AA0625-DA4F-48E9-8089-84BCA36B0CB9.png

7984585C-58F4-41BA-8C0A-1950232FEB1C.jpeg

2FEC4B21-B425-4B55-9188-156D54D19E6C.jpeg

B593B3AD-8C4B-426A-ABF9-AEBE7350EE4B.jpeg

8984C3A6-95B5-4C6B-AC7A-53CB5B25644E.jpeg

@SportyGirly125 Very pretty colors

I actually think that these look really pretty!  I'll be interested in seeing reviews.

29DB29EC-4B82-41C2-B952-87E56D467F37.png

2 Replies
testing