Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

E2F7822F-DD26-462F-8556-81B2F2A513BA.png

The product looks really pretty but I'm honestly not a fan of the name.  I get that Melt is trying to make a statement and be edgy but it strikes me as being a little crass.

I don’t mind a dirty or raunchy one but this seems odd lol. Maybe sexglow, the foil part doesn’t really jive. 

New SC lip product:

Screenshot 2021-07-11 061807.jpg

@CookieGirl1 I noticed this recently, too.  I'm so tried of mattes, though.  IDK if I've ever seen a lip trend more pervasive than lines and lines of mattes.  And it figures, b/c I pretty much won't wear them at all.

I hear you @greeneyedgirl107 the only matte I will wear is PMG. And with primer underneath and not multiple days in a row. I remember wanting to try the KVD everlasting liquid lipstick but I was looking for a neutral shade and they all made me look like a corpse being so flat. I am so over mattes. I never liked them in the first place.

@sprocketta Thanks for posting.  Sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me 😛

I agree with you guys @greeneyedgirl107 @CookieGirl1 @Ispend2much6 . Too dry too matte. Apparently the creators don’t ever test them out. Lol. 

@greeneyedgirl107   I know how you feel. Sometimes I like how they look, sometimes not.  I cut my losses by using a clear lip balm or gloss underneath, and then it just becomes a longer lasting gloss or lipstick. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 Do you have a fave lip gloss or balm that you like to pair with the mattes?

@greeneyedgirl107  Believe it or not, just a clear shade!  I have Bobbi Brown's clear lip gloss in a tube, but any with a little tack would do.

@Ispend2much6 Thanks for the input!

@greeneyedgirl107 admittedly, I don't wear a matte lip very often– I normally cave and put a gloss on top, LOL.

@CookieGirl1 I've been tempted to do that - but then I just get mad, thinking that companies are trying to get me to buy more products!

What do you know about them @CookieGirl1 , have you seen them? They look so nice! I want to see em too! 

@Sunnysmom I actually found them in my closest store today so I swatched a couple of shades to see what I thought of the formula.  They felt very mousse-y and even after purposely leaving the swatches on my hand and walking around the store for 10-15 minutes they never completely dried down.  I'm guessing that they aren't overly drying BUT the flipside is that I have a feeling that because of the texture they're going to migrate really easily and I was actually hoping that after I wiped the swatches off that they'd stain my hand at least a bit (I mean, if the actual product isn't going to stay on, I'd at least like a little leftover color) but the swatches wiped clean.

Oh man that’s kind of disappointing @CookieGirl1. The texture sounds decent but if they don’t even leave a stain that’s a sad no from me. Money saved towards something else I guess?! Not a bad thing right now with so many good new releases. (EM!) Thanks for your info and letting me know. 🤗 Glad you got to see them! 💞

@Sunnysmom the colors that I swatched were pretty but I don't think that it's going to be a necessary purchase for me, either. I would honestly rather have a product that's going to potentially be a little bit more drying but at least not move around so much and leave my lips with a little bit of a residual color.. It's getting pretty good reviews from other people so I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

Yup I agree with you 💯 @CookieGirl1. I’ll go stare at them sometime. 🥰

@Sunnysmom no, I haven't actually seen them in person but I was looking at the swatches and I definitely want to try and find them in store when they're available!

Me too @CookieGirl1 ! I think Sephora does some really great lip products, really impressed! 

1 Reply
testing