Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

F1A66446-E3B6-4A62-893F-427EBA3FEEA4.jpeg

EACB9F58-E24C-4F1B-BC10-A3301AC85E85.jpeg

92006719-7826-4CC5-A441-A66FE283EAD3.jpeg

DEAEC4E4-20E4-403D-9FA2-2A6D4A2744B1.jpeg

70E3BCAA-3C3E-409E-B8D3-E2C9DEA80942.jpeg

6F3F27D2-72A3-4048-9BC8-15361FDB5F64.jpeg

I'm so perplexed by this.  Are they colour correctors or concealers? But hydrating... are they meant to be the tinted moisturizer of under eyes?  Am I the only confused one?  It's possible I'm just tired. lol

@missjeanie , I see them as a hybrid.  I'm definitely interested in getting one for my eye baggage.

@missjeanie From the Instagram video the Fenty artist said it’s a light weight concealer and some can be used as a color corrector.  I think it’s suppose to pair with the new foundation that just dropped. 

@danielledanielle @SportyGirly125 Well I'm certainly curious to see how they're received.  I'm always up for a good under eye concealer.  When Fenty first launched I was very meh on the brand, but more and more I'm liking what I see. 

@missjeanie  I assume they're color correctors that can also act as standalone concealers. If these had a bit more coverage, they'd be right up my alley. 

Spoiler
I always keep 3 concealer shades in stock for my undereyes:

1. Color corrector (a deep bisque shade) 
  2. Near-perfect match to my natural skin tone 
  3. 1-2 shades lighter than my skin tone 

I don't always use all 3 shades under my eyes. 😄 Sometimes I only use the color corrector shade, but I often use that one plus the skin tone shade. On full zombie days, I add the third concealer shade to brighten my hollow tear troughs. 

I see the coverage is buildable, so a deep bisque shade might still work for me as a color corrector without additional concealer layered over it. Or I could use it just as a sheer to medium coverage color corrector, and then apply my skin tone concealer over it. 

@WinglessOne I feel you on multiple shades in your collection.  I always do a colour corrector and a concealer as well.  Maybe if some of the more corrector shades are thin yet pigmented .... I may need to see these in person to see how they could fit for me. 

C3595251-B11B-445C-A684-61721DE9195A.png

@SportyGirly125 I really wish Sephora would start carrying this brand! I love them so much but since Canadians can't order from Ulta anymore, I guess I am cut off 😞

@ChristalM I always wanted to try the brand and @ZombieMetroAnt gifted me one for the Halloween exchange.

@SportyGirly125 I am totally in love with the eye palettes and foundation! That was such a nice present!

Coming soon from Bite Beauty:

Screenshot_20210429-082216_Chrome.jpg

Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Cream Blush 

@CookieGirl1  And yet, still no return of the Amuse Bouche bullets... sigh. I am kinda curious about these, though, so I might try one. I compare all cream blushes (excluding sticks and panned powder-creams) to Glossier Cloud Paint, so this'll be another one to test. 

@WinglessOne I'd definitely be curious to hear how the formulas compare.

I was thinking the same @WinglessOne . So sad. Why don’t they want to do another run of lippies?! It’s how they began and what we love them for. We don’t always want to go to a Lip Lab or make one online either. 😢

@Sunnysmom  Exactly! I wish Bite would at least definitively state whether or not they'll bring them back, aside from Lip Labs. Some of us don't want to spend so much on a custom AB lipstick... isn't it $50 or $60 USD for the first custom bullet, and something like $40 for each additional one? What if I don't want a "custom" shade, I just want one of the old shades, like Kale? That shouldn't cost me $60, Bite. 🙄

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne it seems like Bite is a little lost.  They used to make such good lip products and then they dabbled--somewhat unsuccessfully--in complexion products and now this.  It's like Makeup Midlife Crisis or something, lol.

I know @CookieGirl1 , you’re right, it makes me so sad. When I saw the complexion products I went ruh roh 😕. They just didn’t need to go into that category imho. It must’ve been really tough trying to make their gorgeous shades vegan. What a bummer. Makeup midlife crisis, that’s classic! 💞

@CookieGirl1  I'll sound like a broken record but: ever since Bite's brand department went 200% in on the whole "clean beauty" fad (which is when they introduced their complexion products), they haven't been the same. It's been so sad watching this brand flounder about. If I recall correctly, they've always been kinda "clean" and vegan without being so in-your-face about it. Some of us don't care at all about the "clean" label, we just enjoyed Bite's lip products. I still think if Bite had expanded their brand beyond lips into complexion and other areas, they'd have done better without dropping their ABs or making so many "clean beauty" proclamations. They really shot themselves in both feet. 

Then again, I haven't seen their profit margins or year-end report—so for all I know, they could be doing quite well. 🤷‍♀️ But I doubt it. 

It does kinda feel like Bite's having a midlife crisis. 🤣 Or maybe even a college freshman/sophomore/junior "I dunno what I wanna do with my life" moment. Bite needs to get it together. 

@WinglessOne  YES YES agreed. I loved this brand so much and bought each and every lipstick at the time! I loved the monthly released they did for a year or two through Sephora and now...not so much 😞

I was going to say, I thought they were always "clean" and mostly vegan, but going fully vegan was the switch @WinglessOne @CookieGirl1 ?

I suspect they can't replicate their AB products with a new vegan formulation and don't want to release something disappointing again like the lip masks (rip 😭). Or they're still working on a reformulation that works. It's unfortunate though, because I have that red holiday 4 pack of tiny AB from two ish years ago with an "updated formula," and while it's not the same, it's close and I really liked it.

That being said, these blushes do look pretty 😅

1 Reply
testing