Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

Coming soon from Bite Beauty:

Screenshot_20210429-082216_Chrome.jpg

Bite Beauty Daycation Whipped Cream Blush 

@CookieGirl1  And yet, still no return of the Amuse Bouche bullets... sigh. I am kinda curious about these, though, so I might try one. I compare all cream blushes (excluding sticks and panned powder-creams) to Glossier Cloud Paint, so this'll be another one to test. 

@WinglessOne I'd definitely be curious to hear how the formulas compare.

I was thinking the same @WinglessOne . So sad. Why don’t they want to do another run of lippies?! It’s how they began and what we love them for. We don’t always want to go to a Lip Lab or make one online either. 😢

@Sunnysmom  Exactly! I wish Bite would at least definitively state whether or not they'll bring them back, aside from Lip Labs. Some of us don't want to spend so much on a custom AB lipstick... isn't it $50 or $60 USD for the first custom bullet, and something like $40 for each additional one? What if I don't want a "custom" shade, I just want one of the old shades, like Kale? That shouldn't cost me $60, Bite. 🙄

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne it seems like Bite is a little lost.  They used to make such good lip products and then they dabbled--somewhat unsuccessfully--in complexion products and now this.  It's like Makeup Midlife Crisis or something, lol.

I know @CookieGirl1 , you’re right, it makes me so sad. When I saw the complexion products I went ruh roh 😕. They just didn’t need to go into that category imho. It must’ve been really tough trying to make their gorgeous shades vegan. What a bummer. Makeup midlife crisis, that’s classic! 💞

@CookieGirl1  I'll sound like a broken record but: ever since Bite's brand department went 200% in on the whole "clean beauty" fad (which is when they introduced their complexion products), they haven't been the same. It's been so sad watching this brand flounder about. If I recall correctly, they've always been kinda "clean" and vegan without being so in-your-face about it. Some of us don't care at all about the "clean" label, we just enjoyed Bite's lip products. I still think if Bite had expanded their brand beyond lips into complexion and other areas, they'd have done better without dropping their ABs or making so many "clean beauty" proclamations. They really shot themselves in both feet. 

Then again, I haven't seen their profit margins or year-end report—so for all I know, they could be doing quite well. 🤷‍♀️ But I doubt it. 

It does kinda feel like Bite's having a midlife crisis. 🤣 Or maybe even a college freshman/sophomore/junior "I dunno what I wanna do with my life" moment. Bite needs to get it together. 

@WinglessOne  YES YES agreed. I loved this brand so much and bought each and every lipstick at the time! I loved the monthly released they did for a year or two through Sephora and now...not so much 😞

I was going to say, I thought they were always "clean" and mostly vegan, but going fully vegan was the switch @WinglessOne @CookieGirl1 ?

I suspect they can't replicate their AB products with a new vegan formulation and don't want to release something disappointing again like the lip masks (rip 😭). Or they're still working on a reformulation that works. It's unfortunate though, because I have that red holiday 4 pack of tiny AB from two ish years ago with an "updated formula," and while it's not the same, it's close and I really liked it.

That being said, these blushes do look pretty 😅

@haleyvvvv  Hmm, now I do kinda remember Bite's switch—and their reason for pulling ABs and other products— was going 100% vegan. Funny how that's not the most prominent marketing message they've used for their brand since they pulled products. Apparently "clean" is more profitable than vegan. 

I'd love to know what AB formulation Bite's been using in the Lip Labs since they pulled ABs from the market. 🤣 I understand having issues creating a vegan formula that matches the quality of the old ABs. And I'm sure they'd rather not close all the Lip Labs while reformulating, lest they lose even more money. But it seems very odd of Bite to claim they've pulled a product line to make it 100% vegan, while still regularly offering that (non-vegan?) product line for sale in their labs. Bite's a mess lately. 

It is a mess, @WinglessOne!! Maybe they're no longer able to be made for a similar price, so they lip bar allows them to charge more? It did seem weird that it's available at the lip bars and not broadly. It really is too bad though. 

@WinglessOne well said! I wish that Bite hadn't hopped on the "Clean Beauty" train and I can't imagine that it's really benefited them in the long run. 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom here is the price for the one I did last year. I made 2. I did it for the experience though with my bestie. 
E4D709AD-7A7C-48E2-B519-6F64567E806A.jpeg

Oh I remember when you did that @SportyGirly125 , how fun for you guys. I made my poor hubby go with me on a little anniversary trip we had! Poor guy 😂. (He did not come in lol) I did the 2 customs plus bought 2 more! Was way too much to spend tho it was fun experience and just me . I agree with @WinglessOne too. Would love to know the game plan so we can stop hoping! Lol Maybe Sephora Collection took over the budget for Bite?! Lol. Get us some intel! Lol. 

@SportyGirly125  @Sunnysmom  See, if I was planning a special experience with a friend or group, then a Lip Lab visit would be great. I see there's now a lab in Vegas, so that'll be a fun excursion with other interested folks next time I'm there. 

Meanwhile, Bite needs to tell us what's going on with the ABs. If they're not bringing them back (outside the labs), fine, just tell us already so we'll stop wishing and hoping. Bite is owned by Kendo, an LVMH brand, so you'd think Sephora shoppers would get some kind of word about the state of ABs and whether or not they'll be back at Sephora. Sheesh... In the Lip Labs, Bite should offer their old pre-made shades at the original $25-30 price point (in addition to customized shades) if they don't already. Toss us a bone, man. 

Def @WinglessOne ! Shouldn’t be that hard to do. My Bite are still some of my fav lipsticks. I didn’t know about the LV one, what a fun girl’s trip that would be. I don’t ever gamble, it’s just about the shopping and food! 😂

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne I still have 2 mini lippies I got from the Bite lab in Cancer and Sake.  I need to see what else they are selling at the Lab.  I am around that area at least 3 times a week.

I still have mine too @SportyGirly125 , hope they’re still ok! Yours obv are.  Oh yes def go in and see what’s up. I should go into the one by me soon now that I feel more comfy doing so! It’s honestly been killing me. Lol. 

@Sunnysmom I can't believe there isn't that many Bite Labs anymore.  They have 2 in NY, one in Vegas, and the one in Irvine.

Oh no @SportyGirly125 . 😢 is the one in Larchmont V gone? That’s the one I went to. But Irvine is so close to me now. 

7 Replies