Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

@haleyvvvv  Hmm, now I do kinda remember Bite's switch—and their reason for pulling ABs and other products— was going 100% vegan. Funny how that's not the most prominent marketing message they've used for their brand since they pulled products. Apparently "clean" is more profitable than vegan. 

I'd love to know what AB formulation Bite's been using in the Lip Labs since they pulled ABs from the market. 🤣 I understand having issues creating a vegan formula that matches the quality of the old ABs. And I'm sure they'd rather not close all the Lip Labs while reformulating, lest they lose even more money. But it seems very odd of Bite to claim they've pulled a product line to make it 100% vegan, while still regularly offering that (non-vegan?) product line for sale in their labs. Bite's a mess lately. 

It is a mess, @WinglessOne!! Maybe they're no longer able to be made for a similar price, so they lip bar allows them to charge more? It did seem weird that it's available at the lip bars and not broadly. It really is too bad though. 

@WinglessOne well said! I wish that Bite hadn't hopped on the "Clean Beauty" train and I can't imagine that it's really benefited them in the long run. 

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom here is the price for the one I did last year. I made 2. I did it for the experience though with my bestie. 
E4D709AD-7A7C-48E2-B519-6F64567E806A.jpeg

Oh I remember when you did that @SportyGirly125 , how fun for you guys. I made my poor hubby go with me on a little anniversary trip we had! Poor guy 😂. (He did not come in lol) I did the 2 customs plus bought 2 more! Was way too much to spend tho it was fun experience and just me . I agree with @WinglessOne too. Would love to know the game plan so we can stop hoping! Lol Maybe Sephora Collection took over the budget for Bite?! Lol. Get us some intel! Lol. 

@SportyGirly125  @Sunnysmom  See, if I was planning a special experience with a friend or group, then a Lip Lab visit would be great. I see there's now a lab in Vegas, so that'll be a fun excursion with other interested folks next time I'm there. 

Meanwhile, Bite needs to tell us what's going on with the ABs. If they're not bringing them back (outside the labs), fine, just tell us already so we'll stop wishing and hoping. Bite is owned by Kendo, an LVMH brand, so you'd think Sephora shoppers would get some kind of word about the state of ABs and whether or not they'll be back at Sephora. Sheesh... In the Lip Labs, Bite should offer their old pre-made shades at the original $25-30 price point (in addition to customized shades) if they don't already. Toss us a bone, man. 

Def @WinglessOne ! Shouldn’t be that hard to do. My Bite are still some of my fav lipsticks. I didn’t know about the LV one, what a fun girl’s trip that would be. I don’t ever gamble, it’s just about the shopping and food! 😂

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne I still have 2 mini lippies I got from the Bite lab in Cancer and Sake.  I need to see what else they are selling at the Lab.  I am around that area at least 3 times a week.

I still have mine too @SportyGirly125 , hope they’re still ok! Yours obv are.  Oh yes def go in and see what’s up. I should go into the one by me soon now that I feel more comfy doing so! It’s honestly been killing me. Lol. 

@Sunnysmom I can't believe there isn't that many Bite Labs anymore.  They have 2 in NY, one in Vegas, and the one in Irvine.

Oh no @SportyGirly125 . 😢 is the one in Larchmont V gone? That’s the one I went to. But Irvine is so close to me now. 

@Sunnysmom They only have 4 listed on the website.

Thanks, good to know @SportyGirly125 . 💞That’s too bad. 

I know @WinglessOne , a big grr. I so agree. I did the Lab when it first opened and it was fun but so pricey and I think I did it because I was missing their lippies so much! Why couldn’t they just do a small edit of their best sellers or the most popular shades from the Labs. I would love that. I miss their monthly LEs too. That was fun ... tho stressful! 😳😂

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne I called the Lip Lab in CA and they told me that they don't sell the tube lipsticks at their location.  The only way to get one is to create your own.  I do know from experience that they did give them out as samples.  Hopefully the ones I have are not expired.

@SportyGirly125  Thanks for asking Bite about it! I hope your bullets are still good. I need to check all of mine soon... I'm a couple weeks overdue for a round of "spot-check lots of random bullets for spoilage" anyway. I've got clear acrylic caps on all my FS Bite bullets, so that makes checks a bit easier—though I so also pull caps to smell them. 

Guess it's time to find a good Kale dupe by another brand. Or I could just mix the shade myself at home with the right Danessa Myricks Colorfix shades + other products + a lip safe mixing medium. Not nearly as convenient, but cheaper than $60 for a new "custom" Kale bullet. 

@WinglessOne I agree.  I miss the old Bite products especially the lip glosses.

So nice of you to call @SportyGirly125 , very helpful! 🥰 That’s a bummer. I didn’t get sample lipstick but I did get the little lip balm etc kit which was a nice perk! I wonder if others have mentioned that we wish they had sold them in the lab. Did they say? 

@Sunnysmom @WinglessOne I asked them if we needed to make reservations to go in to view the products they had for sale.  She said no.  I asked what lippies they had there and the ones she mentioned are the ones you can buy off the Bite site.  So no tube lipsticks.  I even mentioned the name Amuse Bouche and she didn't know what I was talking about at first.  I had to tell her about it.  I asked her if the only way to get a tube lipstick is to custom make one and she said yes.  It sucks that to only get one is to custom make one.

Btw I always find it weird when I know about certain products more than the SA.  For example, I went to a MAC store this week and was asking about what shade of the new paint pots was closest to Rubenesque and she hadn't even heard of the shade or even the shade Lemonade in MAC lipglass.  No shade to her but I was a little shocked.

@SportyGirly125  Wow, the Bite SA must be a recent (well, post-AB) hire if she didn't know what "Amuse Bouche" is, and I guess she wasn't trained by Bite to know what they are. Yikes. Kinda makes me think even more that the ABs won't return. 😞 

And YES, I know exactly what you mean about knowing more than the SA about things you'd think all SAs would know about a brand's product lineup. I'm sure some SAs weren't into the brand long enough to know about previous shades, especially a brand like MAC that's been around a long time. But it's weird when the shades in question were quite popular. The last time I talked with a MAC SA who didn't immediately know which old product I was talking about, she at least had an idea of what it was and quickly looked it up so she could help me. 

Related note: I've been to Sephora stores here in Chicago and in other cities/states where I took swatch photos (eh, not last year or this year), and told inquiring SAs "I'm swatching [product] for someone on Beauty Insider Community," and they had NO idea what I was talking about. I've had to tell Sephora SAs about Sephora's online community. 🤣🤦‍♀️

@WinglessOne @Sunnysmom Look at this reply on Instagram from Bite 

508156CC-05F7-49A8-8360-81D10F999112.png

9 Replies
testing