Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

69CBA2D5-EB55-4C26-AFDC-CF72B52DF128.jpeg

5AD334F3-6ECA-49B6-B09F-2030A70FA842.jpeg

84B5B761-8EB5-4D12-9D08-085DD99A7977.jpeg

AF5D529A-C3C0-418B-BC70-BD52821FF8EB.jpeg

20,000 waitlist?

Capture.PNG 

Spoiler

Less than four months after its October launch, Jones Road is expanding into skin care. 

“My philosophy is beauty from the inside out,” said Bobbi Brown, Jones Road’s founder. “A lot of people complicate things and try to cover up bad lifestyle habits. I’ve always believed that you don’t need a ton. I don’t want to say there’s no miracle cream, because I made one, but there are no miracles in skin care.” 

Jones Road’s Miracle Cream, $38, was the first product created for the brand’s skin care lineup. It was modeled after the Miracle Balm, which has a wait list of 20,000. 

“We learned after launch that [breaking the Miracle Balm’s seal] activates the formula,” Brown said. “The Miracle Cream, you have to break the seal and warm it in your hand. It’s for really dry skin.” 

Jones Road is also launching an eye cream, an oil stick and a melting balm called Hippie Stick, which was created in partnership with Private Label Select, a manufacturer that specializes in organic personal care products. The stick can be used on the face, body and hair.

All formulas are “clean” and leave out more than 2,700 potentially toxic ingredients. Prices range from $26 to $38. 

“We’re having enough trouble keeping up with the demand,” Brown said. “What’s the rush?”

WWD previously reported that Jones Road would bring in $20 million in retail sales in its first year, according to industry sources. Skin care sales are expected to account for $10 million in retail sales by March 2022, industry sources project. 

Brown plans to launch a cleanser — and eventually, body products — while maintaining “a very edited collection” of skin care, she said. Jones Road is ultimately “not a skin-care brand, it’s a beauty brand.” 

“We haven’t even launched internationally yet,” Brown said. “Because I have been down this road before, I am not in a giant rush. I am not over-promising. I am doing as much as my little team can handle. I read the Instagrams and my DMs. People are so positive and optimistic. I love the personal touch, so I would like to keep it that way somehow.”

@ZombieMetroAnt I don't think I'll hop on the list...

Bobbi Brown: “Because I have been down this road before, I am not in a giant rush. I am not over-promising. I am doing as much as my little team can handle. I read the Instagrams and my DMs. People are so positive and optimistic. I love the personal touch, so I would like to keep it that way somehow.” 

I appreciate a slow roll approach to product launches, compared to rapid fire launches or huge launch explosions of a kazillion products. I also like that she's not trying to make her brand primarily about skincare, or even giving skincare and beauty/makeup equal weight. Sure, it's a bit annoying that she's dipping into skincare at all like so many other beauty brands trying to capitalize on that market. But at least she's keeping her skincare collection very small. 

Also: heh, I wanted (still want) to try her Miracle Balm, but the 2 shades I'm interested in sold out quickly. If the waitlist is 20,000 people long, I guess I'll have to be as patient as Bobbi. 😂

F0F34838-7E61-47FA-A1F8-B7CD542C9BBD.jpeg

CF5C370E-665A-4A40-99C7-AB57E5012684.jpeg

I repeat myself one more:I need to try it out in the name of science 😂🤣

@blackkitty2014  Omg right!!!! Me too! 

@SportyGirly125  Ooo I am excited for this one, curious to try this one out

Well, this is a must, @SportyGirly125🤩

@eshoe  I think every tatcha product is a must for me to try 😬

@ather I am actually going to be running out of loose powder soon, so this is going on my priority list🤩 💖🤩

Squeeee lol

@SportyGirly125 if the rest of the box is good, I'd buy it just to try this... 

Paula’s Choice Launches With Sephora

Allison Collins
Mon, February 15, 2021
CookieGirl1_0-1613478939482.jpeg

Paula’s Choice is launching with Sephora.

This is the first major beauty retail expansion for the direct-to-consumer brand, which launched in 1995. Paula’s Choice was founded by Paula Begoun, an early advocate for transparency in beauty product formulations and education around personal care ingredients.

Paula’s Choice will launch online with Sephora in February with 27 products. The brand is already in a small number of Nordstrom doors, and the Sephora rollout is its first major move into beauty retail, said chief marketing officer Erika Kussmann.

In April, the brand will launch in all of Sephora’s 455 U.S. stores with six hero products: 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, $29.50; C15 Super Booster, $49; Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment, $58; Clinical Niacinamide 20% Treatment, $48; Resist Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50, $33; and 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel, $39.

Hope they are a fast follower into Canada! 

Ooh, I hope it'll be available in Canada too! 

I have a soft spot for this brand, this was my first big-brand purchase - a blush ❣️

Their Azelaic acid has been on my list to try for my chin acne (I think hormonal, big, painful and mostly always on right side) but never ordered direct because this was just the loan product I wanted from there. I tried The Ordinary Azelaic and it was too drunk for me, had skin peeling. 
Now it’s on Sephora, I will give it a try. 

@CookieGirl1 omg omg omg I love Paula's Choice and have been dreaming of it coming to Sephora! This just made my night. Tagging @winglessone as she's a PC fan as well.

@sprocketta @CookieGirl1  Very interesting! While reading the announcement, I kept thinking "but wait, they've been at Nordstrom for quite some time already," I suppose Nordy doesn't count as an exclusively-beauty retailer. I wish Sephora was getting their 10% niacinamide booster instead of the 20% version. I've tried both and prefer the 10%, but of course other people's mileage may vary. I wonder if PC will expand their Sephora product offering in the near future. I'd love to see some of their cleansers and moisturizers available in-store so folks can easily test them before buying. 

Also, good to see the 25% AHA + 2% BHA exfoliant on the list. I see it's also now available at Dermstore and Nordy (online), so I guess that means PC's made it a permanent product. (I have it but still haven't tried it: I'm waiting til after I've given The Inkey List's PHA exfoliant a long enough test.) 

29 Replies
testing