Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

It's that time again! Previews of new products set to launch in 2021 are starting to come out.  Please share your finds in this thread!

New products for purchase at Sephora US

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/FOUND-IN-THE-WILD-THREAD/td-p/5157361

New products for purchase at Sephora Canada

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/m-p/2164948

Current haul thread

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Haul-Stars/Dazzling-December-Hauls-2020/m-p/5666193

Beauty News 2.0 (Everything else but releases)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS-2-0/td-p/5676314

Re: 2021 PRODUCT RELEASES THREAD!!!

C525237F-7698-4D57-9671-C8CE662B666D.png

8A10A15E-5758-4FB2-969E-5C3DF21745B6.png

3B259875-883C-46D1-A0A6-3DEB36F38625.png

F96C3D1D-6131-4D5A-8D66-01B4ACE2C799.png

Do the cheek products remind anyone else of Neapolitan ice cream?? It's giving me flash backs of how I used to try and contour and it looked a hot unblended mess. Marc Jacobs you're triggering me 😅.

The caffeine callout sounds gimmicky but those look amazing!

Oh wow those face palettes are so pretty! I am definitely going to need one of those. Marc jacobs  has great face powders

"Wendy Yu Launches Luxury Beauty Brand Yumee"

How pretty are these?  The lipsticks are in tassels 😚 Coming soon to the US.   

Photo Feb 01, 12 54 07 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 01, 12 54 12 PM.jpg 

Full article here:

Spoiler

The fashion world knows Wendy Yu well as an investor and as founder of the Yu Prize, but creative director of a beauty venture is a completely new hat for Yu. The young businesswoman has unveiled a luxury and cruelty-free line of color cosmetics, Yumee, that sees its official launch Thursday. 

The initial collection comprises eight products and will be available on Red this week, followed by WeChat and Tmall in later months. Housed in light blue packaging with a peony logo, Yumee lipsticks retail for 328 renminbi, a highlighter trio for 398 renminbi, and eye shadow palette for 488 renminbi. The lipsticks, in particular, come in a special leather tassel that can be attached to a key chain or purse.

While she did examine investment opportunities within beauty, she told WWD, “I always knew I’m going to do a venture from zero to one to 100 myself at some point.” 

“I found myself repeatedly using brands from Japan and from Korea from America or from Europe. And I was wondering why C-beauty is not rising because you can see the Chinese [fashion] designers, they were rising. But C-beauty was not rising globally at all,” she said. 

Chinese beauty brands like Perfect Diary, Florasis, Home Facial Pro and Winona have grown exponentially, however, they all occupy a mass price point and are virtually unknown to overseas consumers. In contrast, Yumee is positioned in the premium space and Yu has designs to roll it out in Harrods and other high-end retailers internationally. 

The brand was a year and a half in the making and the name Yumee incorporates not only the founder’s name but comes from the Chinese character “yu” which used to denote the word “jade,” while “mi,” which is anglicized as “mee,” expresses “exponential possibility.” 

Cruelty-free beauty awareness is still low in China, but Yu said it was important to her for the brand to be rooted in the right values and utilize sustainable packaging. 

“We set the vision for the brand to be really the most globally positioned Chinese luxury beauty brand,” said Yu. “And I think if you set that standard and that benchmark, you really need to have high social values. Even though it would add a lot more of a process for the business when it comes to operations, it’s definitely something we should be standing for, something we should pioneering and setting a good example to other Chinese beauty businesses, no matter how big or small.” 

“I think we need to create something that is, speaking our own language and speaking our own vocabulary to our consumers,” she added. 

Expect to see more products added to the line later this year. Yu’s plan is for the Yumee woman to be able to create a total look including base layer products like foundation to finishing powders and potentially even skin care, too. 

“I think Charlotte Tilbury has set a great example in the way that she started from cosmetics,” Yu said, “but then, she now has skin care. I love her magic cream, I love her masks, so I’m definitely looking at that sector." 

@ZombieMetroAnt  One these are beautiful!

I would hazard to guess that the difference between C-beauty versus Chinese fashion is because the infrastructure and talent for manufacturing clothes is very well established in the country. Major luxury brands have been making their clothes in Chinese factories for years. The human expertise, infrastructure and sheer scale is all already there.

K-beauty and J-beauty are also very different from C-beauty. J-beauty has been exported to Western countries for ages with well known brands like Shiseido and SK-II being well established. My understanding is that the K-beauty industry developed because French companies pulled their manufacturing out of S. Korea and the country was left with the domestic infrastructure and expertise so why not lean into it?

Those look so fun! I wonder how much they’ll cost 

@Kim888 - The current conversion rate is USD 0.15 cents for every one renminbi.

@Titian06 @Thank you!

What is up with the name though?

DE1B8453-9C24-421F-9F3D-07BC4C1EC811.png

@SportyGirly125  I agree. Strange name!

@SportyGirly125  I had the same thought. 

@SportyGirly125  Heh, that name's kinda tame by TF's shade naming standards. 😄 I think Lady Balls is/was also the name of one of their red liquid mattes. Interesting that they're now using it to name a full lipstick line. 

@WinglessOne All I keep thinking in my head is someone asking "What's on your lips?" Oh "It's Lady Balls."

@SportyGirly125   Oh, no! 😂

ABFAAE35-281A-41E2-B9F5-0E20D59D5FEA.png

@SportyGirly125  Ooooo I didn’t see this one yet!

Kinda random but @ather I noticed you changed your profile pic and went to click on it. Your wallpaper on your profile has the cutest darnedest pugs ever! 🤗💖

@Guessgal  Awww thanks. I changed it in honour of my 14 year old pug!!! 

testing