cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum😞

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

@lmaster Avoiding all emails and even threads on BIC is the only way I can stay disciplined. If I don’t know about all the pretty things I won’t know I want them. 😅

@lnum I need to do that... But I just love seeing everything 🤦

@lmaster You must have more willpower than me, I’m too weak if I see pretty shiny things. 🤣

No I absolutely don't @lnum that's why I'm still looking 😆🤦

@lnum  Awesome job!! I had such a great success with June then fell off the wagon and got ran over in July. I have a no buy August with the exception of maybe one thing. If I can get my hands on one of the 100$ rewards!! Other then that I have a ton of stuff so I don’t need anything!!! Good luck! I will be along for the ride if you need support! 

@ather Hubby just said such a sweet thing when I was describing my derailed low buy.  "People love a good comeback story."  

@danielledanielle  I love that your hubby is so supportive!!! That’s the best!

@ather You can do it! Those rewards are so elusive I just use up my $10 cash and am glad Sephora gives that option to us now to use points for cash even if it’s just a small amount. 

@lnum  I agree. It look me over 6 months to get one last time. I don’t know if I’ve got that kind of time now lol. My husband uses the jack black soap and it’s almost gone so I’ll try again tomorrow and see if I get it. I had it in my cart yesterday but I was too slow!

@ather I think my connection is just a bit too slow to ever even see it in the rewards bazaar before it goes away. 😂

I think your husband needs soap! It’s ok to buy things you run out of. I’m sure he doesn’t have 5 other soaps laying around he could be using like we do. 😅

@lnum  I ordered my husband some soap and won the Sephora lottery and got the $100 reward!!!  

@ather YAY!!!!!!! Guess he does need five different soaps now. 😉

@lnum  Maybe. But I’m not spending it on him 😂

How exciting! Congrats @ather!

@ShortErica  Thanks!! It felt awesome to see it went through!! Now I’ll need to take some time to figure out what I need!! 

Congratulations!! @ather how exciting!!! Just in time for the laneige gummy bear 😆

@lmaster  Thanks!! I can’t believe I got it! So excited. 

@lnum  He definitely doesn’t have 5 spare soaps 😂  maybe I’ll win the Sephora lottery tomorrow!

@lnum isn't it a great feeling to *need* items because you've run out! Awesome job! Were you going to stick to something tried and true or buy something new when you run out?

@ShortErica It is actually a bit strange, like oh I don’t have 3 other of this type of thing I can open? Ok. 

For hair care definitely my Moroccanoil Extra Volume line. For the face oil I’m not sure, I went through a period of really good skin and then had a cystic breakout due to laser hair removal so I might try to clear that up first. I have been using the Fresh Seaberry skin nutrition booster for years so maybe it’s time for a change. 

I'll be curious what you decide @lnum. And you'll get to try it right away to see how you like anything new. 😊

889 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing