cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum😞

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

I am back.  Low Buy has been, not quite present.  I definitely got sucked into deals.  There were some items on my loves list that resurfaced, and then corresponding deals got me.  It's funny, because not too many new things are tempting me.  It's either stuff I passed on or stocking up on staples.

I'm going to maybe start small like, no buy for this week, just to see if I can close out August.  Then I'll see how I'm doing.

@danielledanielle Every small step is a win! 

@danielledanielle @lnum @ShortErica @ather I'm baaaaack!! I really really want the new melt blush 😣 but I'll wait until the next sale!! I have a few hauls in transit bu I'm definitely on a no buy until the next sale!! I don't need this stuff 🤦

@lmaster ...Team Low Buy/No Buy!  You got this.

Definitely dip into some of your blushes and start layering them, you might find a new combo to tithe you over until sale time.

@danielledanielle you're right!!! It's really just the packaging anyway, dang marketing always gets me.... Not this time!!! 😆

I’m joining in too @lmaster. I also have a few packages on the way and I plan to purchase the new Glow Recipe serum on the 1st, but after that it’s no buy until the November sale.

@faeriegirl yaaaaaaay!! Team no buy!! I really want to try that serum too, but I have some not opened, so that's what I'm using first

@lmaster  You can do this!!!! 

Yes yes yes!! @ather I'm doing this 🙌💋

@lmaster  Omg summer fridays has a new product coming out and there was a new cream from wishful I want to try and so much good stuff. Whyyyyyy 😱

What new product from summer Fridays 😆 @ather just curious... Not tempted but have not seen anything new

56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg

@lmaster  GR also has a new serum coming soon too. 

EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg

I'm sure I'll try them in the future @ather 

@lmaster  Me too 😝 but I definitely don’t need them at this time 

@lmaster Maybe think about what you have that is similar to remind you what you do and don’t need, or why you bought the things you own because you did at one point want them. My weakness is lipsticks, but for eyeshadow and blush we have so many similar things in our collections and they usually come in large sizes that never finish!

That is so very true! Great words of encouragement!! @lnum 🙌

Ooo I'll be curious to see your hauls @lmaster. Maybe an idea is to find a way to appreciate the new things you did bring in over a longer period of time. Although the hauls will arrive at one time, maybe only open a few items a week so you get to spread out the newness? I don't know. You did well when you put your mind to a no-buy before and you'll do great again!

@ShortErica  I do that...in fact I have a whole pile of boxes I haven't even opened in months lol. (people complain about it, lol).  of course now I don't know if I even got what I ordered lol (or even remember what I ordered for that matter lol), but hey...I guess that's just part of the fun!! lol 😝

Ooo @treestar86 unbox and share on the haul thread! 😊

@ShortErica  lol!  oh my, what an epic haul that would be...if only I had a youtube channel, hehe. 🤣

I think one reason I don't open them is so I'll always have one to open, when I need a pick me up...I should get a pic of the box pile anyway, lol. 😱

Yes, a picture of the box pile would be awesome @treestar86!

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing