cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Image result for 2020 Gif

Hello, hello! Welcome to Year 6 of the No/Low Buy Thread.  

*Many thanks to all who have participated over the last few years.  While I don't

post often I do read the notifications sent to my email and I cannot say it enough,

You all are truly amazing!  Thank you for your dedication and support!!

For reference here's the purpose of this thread (from Thread Originator, @lnum😞

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

Feel free to share your goals, items that tempt you, missteps (we don't believe in failures), and any successes.  Above all else, encourage and support one another.

A note from lnum (2016):

Spoiler

Welcome to Year 3!

My motto for this thread is that I strongly believe, even on a budget, you can have the things you want that make you happy without feeling like you're limiting yourself. 

This thread is a support system for all of us who are trying to maintain a budget and keep our beauty spending limited. Post here when you have a weak moment, post here to hold yourself accountable, post here when you just need someone to talk to, post here when you have advice for all of us, and post here when you make mistakes but also make gains! Many of us post here to keep track of our monthly purchases. Anything you need to say, we are all here for each other. There's no judgement here.

I am so excited to spend another year with you all. If it wasn't for the first two years of this thread, I would never have been able to cut down my beauty spending. My goal for this year is to maintain low spending on beauty, and cut down my clothing purchases. I will be funneling that money into traveling, which is what I have done in the past and it's a great goal that truly motivates me. 

I'm still so proud of everyone for making it through 2015 and 2016, limiting ourselves in the beauty product area in order to improve our lives in other areas. We all did great and here's to another year of learning and saving!

Interested in past threads?  Check Here:

Spoiler

Challenges to Help You Use Your Stash:

Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

Ohh my goodness!!! @treestar86 what luck!! I'm actually about to head to the store here soon 🤮🤣 that'll be a 2 hour trip with driving

@lmaster  eek!  haha... wow, that's a long way...

@WhereYouStand  Sounds like you are doing an awesome job!!

@WhereYouStand Great job on the subscriptions and putting money into savings! I just popped into the thread, what are you saving up for?

RE: Re: 2020 - THE NO-BUY, LOW-BUY, BUDGET-BUY ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUPPORT THREAD

At first just a nest egg. After that there are a few things I want & need - repaint my bathroom - Patio furniture I have nothing but a pendant ornament hanging up, no furniture to speak of out there (I really want an egg chair) - re application of the double industrial piercings I foolishly took out. Of all things my dentist had me take them out to get x rays a few years back and I never put them back in and regret it it’s odd I’ve only had one dentist make me do that and it was too get them back in at the time. - I’m considering finishing the tattoo I started at least five years ago. I only have a part of the outline on my upper back.

Eating out is so easy for me @WhereYouStand my cooking needs some major help 😞 good job though!! Great goals!

@lmaster  I’m sure you are an awesome cook!!

@ather some dishes I have mastered, but I'm not great with just "whipping" something up 😆 I need to plan ahead for any meal to be good

@lmaster  I plan a weekly meal plan every week. I hate not knowing what to make. It’s usually flexible so I can move things around too. Plus it helps me control how much I spend at the grocery store. 

I have tried that too @ather  🤦 I don't think I follow through because my husband will get off work and if he doesn't like what's on the menu.. He will get take out 

@lmaster  Can we trade husbands!! My husband will eat anything. So that never happens. It’s usually me who’s like meh I don’t feel like cooking tonight so I go get it. 

@ather yeah then he complains about eating out!! Seriously 🤔 I get anxiety just thinking about a weeks worth of meals lbvs

@lmaster  Aww really. I use to stress and I wanted new meal plans then I gave up and they eat what I make. My little guy has allergies too which makes it even more to eat out or to cook at home 😭

@ather I get sooooo bored with the same food all the time

Oh my goodness @lmaster @ather, I place the almost exact same Instacart every week! Not going to the grocery store has helped save so much money, but it has also made me realize I cook the saaaaaame meals over and over and over again. I cannot wait to get out and have some sushi again!

@eshoe @lmaster  What kind of meals do you guys make?? Maybe we can swap ideas!!!

@ather tacos, lasagna, stuffed pork loin, Alice springs chicken, honey glazed salmon, flank steak stir fry, BBQ ribs and BBQ chicken thighs with green pepper and onions 😆

@lmaster  Mmmmm you are making me hungry!! What is Alice spring chicken?? I love stuffed pork loin!! We do tacos a lot too! 

@ather ok you cook bacon in a skillet, then cook the chicken breasts in the same skillet you just cooked the bacon. Saute some mushrooms, turn your oven on to broil, on cookie sheet, place the chicken down first, then top with honey mustard, mushrooms, bacon then top with shredded cheese and pop in the oven until the cheese is melted 😋 mmmmmmmmmmm

@lmaster  OMG!!!!!!!!! This is definitely going on my menu next week. Sounds so delicious!! 

@ather pound your chicken too with one of those mallets first, omg it's amazing!!!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • PhotoGrid_1578546640589.jpg
  • A8AAA174-13DB-4C13-8C6C-CD1B1B030EE6.gif
  • C7FFE4A8-52AF-4FCE-AAAB-0B397EFB149E.jpeg
  • 200.gif
  • First attempt at krumkake. Working on consistency.
  • 79B4ED52-8E59-465C-8088-D8B2368DEB0F.jpeg
  • EED8003C-755C-49DE-AA76-CF26D5857EC5.jpeg
  • 56510BDD-155A-4562-A827-873BB2AB2BBC.jpeg
  • 20201014_160637.jpg
  • D7B4F252-9F04-4681-8212-8F52F2C84A5C.jpeg
  • 42CA09A7-E315-4DDB-8E6F-B4CE17B8ECC7.jpeg
  • 0CB17153-10A0-4F9A-BEF9-1FA4647EF11D.jpeg
  • 72C15057-A018-4E34-9BAF-23DD1DF52CD5.jpeg
  • F03FC805-786F-4342-9E49-52971AA36C5A.jpeg
testing